Sunderland...

Heron

Guest elbee909

Wage turnover ratio 82.2%

If the figure is correct they r doomed

That figure is not correct,the wages/turnover is 71.2% down from 76.8% in 2009.

Sorry to spoil the fun. :)

Wow, big news.  Calls for a pitch invasion.

Guest Wearside

Where's this from?

Numerous newspapers and websites.

Still stupidly high like but not in comparision to some other teams ratios.Man City's was 98% in the last accounts and indeed Newcastle's was over 84% in the last accounts.

Where's this from?

Still stupidly high like but not in comparision to some other teams ratios.Man City's was 98% in the last accounts and indeed Newcastle's was over 84% in the last accounts.

bluelaugh.gif

Whatever makes you sleep easier at night.

Your wage bill has certainly increased and attendances dropped...I know who I believe and it isn't a mackem trying to save face on a Newcastle forum. :)

Guest Wearside

It'll be all those DVDs of their win at Chelsea. Queues going down the street, I heard.....

Any idea how the sales of the DVD of Newcastle's "draw" with Arsenal are progressing?

Guest toonlass

It'll be all those DVDs of their win at Chelsea. Queues going down the street, I heard.....

Any idea how the sales of the DVD of Newcastle's "draw" with Arsenal are progressing?

Not on sale yet. Are you lot still celebrating your epic 1-1 win over us?

Not selling as much as the 5-1 bumming of yoos!

Guest Wearside

Are the rest of the facts and figures correct in that summary btw?  ???

Yes it seems so,loss of nearly £28m and the highest paid director now only £325k compared to £900k the previous year.

Guest toonlass

Yes it seems so,loss of nearly £28m and the highest paid director now only £325k compared to £900k the previous year.

So how much did you lot turnover and how much were the wages then?

Only the ones that are good, all the bad ones are rubbish.  bluelaugh.gif

It's a pretty grim picture overall for them though. They've got some canny player but it's not sustainable at all.

Are the rest of the facts and figures correct in that summary btw?  ???

Only the ones that are good, all the bad ones are rubbish.  bluelaugh.gif

It's a pretty grim picture overall for them though. They've got some canny player but it's not sustainable at all.

From before:

Its starting to dawn on them...finally

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=570665

We are living consistently £27m beyond our means

Full stadiums would reduce our annual loss to just £24m  

Yep the income would be nowt really, im starting to worry about this we cant go on making a loss like this imho unless short really is in it to win it. I cant see us breaking our transfer record anytime soon like.

I think we all know where the problem lies and at this moment in time it isn't with the fans

Its disappointing given all the attempts to cut the wage bill that we our wages ratio is still rising!

As someone else has said, be careful slagging Bruce, Quinny and the club off. We are a fed-up owner away from slipping under the water.

We have one fit striker that is ours, two of our back four are on loan, our other top striker is on loan and we have a few more on loan like elmo. We have a half built squad tbh that will need another round of investment to repeat what we might do this season.

Even with a full stadium it will be a £24m loss, and Wearside expects us to believe the wage ratio isn't the 80%+ as reported? Where is all the money going? They pay over the odds to bring in average players or they'd not get any one in at all and are paying players way beyond their talents. It's something we've done and just about survived; it wont end well.

Wrong.

Guest Wearside

It's only a grim picture if Ellis Short decides to leave,as long as he is happy to continue bankrolling us its nothing to worry about.

If Abramovich left Chelsea it would be grim for them.

If the Man City owners left it would be grim for them.

Loads of other teams could also fall into that category.

Guest Wearside

Wrong.

Sorry my apologies it was 82.6%

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2010/05/02/newcastle-united-accounts-reveal-111m-debt-79310-26358985/

Guest elbee909

It's only a grim picture if Ellis Short decides to leave,as long as he is happy to continue bankrolling us its nothing to worry about.

If Abramovich left Chelsea it would be grim for them.

If the Man City owners left it would be grim for them.

Loads of other teams could also fall into that category.

Portsmouth, for example, or Leeds.

Wrong.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2010/05/02/newcastle-united-accounts-reveal-111m-debt-79310-26358985/

Would that not include wages from players from the relegation season?

Guest toonlass

Wrong.

Have you worked out what £53.5 million out of £65.3 million is as a percentage yet?

Is it out yet? You would imagine a game called by many neutrals as the PL greatest comeback is due a DVD release.

I remember when you started off on this board as a well balanced & some appreciated your comments but the guard had to drop eventually & the bitterness is flowing. You did well to keep it going for so long.