Mensah - loan

Bardsley - £1.5m

Henderson - Free

Colback - Free

Riveros - Free

Malbranque £4m

Sessegnon - £6m

Looks like your team cost more to me.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has signed midfielder Cristian Riveros from Cruz Azul on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8675915.stm

Guest toonlass

Mignolet - 1.2

Elmohamady - loan

Onouha - loan

Mensah - loan

Bardsley - £1.5m

Henderson - Free

Colback - Free

Riveros - Free

Malbranque £4m

Sessegnon - £6m

Looks like your team cost more to me.

The loan players would also cost money if they were yours. Like has been pointed out before, how much are you going to have to spend in the summer just to stand still?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Stu could learn something from Wearside, like. He's class at getting bites.  :lol:

I find it a bit pedantic people comparing the fees for players. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that Newcastle have succeeded this year and Sunderland have failed. If both sets of fans didn't desperately want to finish above each other at this point then there'd be something wrong. The difference of course is, to Newcastle it would be cherry on the top of a very tasty first-season-back cake, while for Sunderland it would round off a thoroughly disappointing season if they were to finish below their rivals who are newly promoted.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I find it a bit pedantic people comparing the fees for players. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that Newcastle have succeeded this year and Sunderland have failed. If both sets of fans didn't desperately want to finish above each other at this point then there'd be something wrong. The difference of course is, to Newcastle it would be cherry on the top of a very tasty first-season-back cake, while for Sunderland it would round off a thoroughly disappointing season.

Exactly, exactly. :thup:

I find it a bit pedantic people comparing the fees for players. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that Newcastle have succeeded this year and Sunderland have failed. If both sets of fans didn't desperately want to finish above each other at this point then there'd be something wrong. The difference of course is, to Newcastle it would be cherry on the top of a very tasty first-season-back cake, while for Sunderland it would round off a thoroughly disappointing season if they were to finish below their rivals who are newly promoted.

:clap2:

Guest Wearside

No idea but we need a minimum of 7 players,obviously we might get a couple on free/bosman's but it's going to have to be another big outlay by Short,will be an interesting summer that's for certain.

No idea but we need a minimum of 7 players,obviously we might get a couple on free/bosman's but it's going to have to be another big outlay by Short,will be an interesting summer that's for certain.

Will he sanction another significant outlay? Does he trust Bruce to spend it well? Do your fans trust Bruce to spend it well?

Guest toonlass

Is Short prepared to finance Bruce to the tune of 7 players (5 if you get a couple on frees)? I'm not so sure he will, and you'll probably end up with a couple of ok players and a handful of loans. Problem with that is you either end up with a Welbeck or an Ireland and you can never tell which until he's already there.

You can have Smith and Lovenkrands for free.

Think of it as a guilt present after you face two Ameobis next season. 

Smithkrands vs Geminiameobi - the shittest Robot Wars tag team match in history. Shola and Sammy start as one but split into 2 to very slowly start wreaking moderate havoc.

Guest Wearside

Will he sanction another significant outlay? Does he trust Bruce to spend it well? Do your fans trust Bruce to spend it well?

No suggestion as yet that he won't sanction another big outlay,will be interesting to see what happens after West Ham game and whether Short will sack him or not.

I'd say the fans are turning against Bruce,couple of people were squaring up to Bruce next to the dug-out on Saturday and Bruce knows he is under pressure,problem is that allegedly season ticket sales are well down  and lots are trying to get out of the direct debits they signed up for and that could be the deciding factor.