Sunderland...

Heron

Guest axel

Seriously though, £6m for Alan Smith

+ Wages which will make the total fee around £20m.  : :tickedoff:;  :weep:

Guest Wearside

Doubt Short will give them much tbh. Reason why Quinn's shitting his pants about the attendances, Short must be looking thinking 'I've done my bit and I'm losing a lot of money'. Can't see us getting much money either mind.

It's going to be a very interesting summer at both clubs and will tell a lot to which direction both are going.People keep going on about Sunderland having to spend big to "stand still" and a certain extent you could apply the same to Newcastle.

How much is it going to take to replace a left back like Enrique?whoever comes in is not going to be in his class so straight away you are going to be weaker in that position next season and then you've got the Barton situation and possibly Tiote aswell if someone like a Man Utd come calling.

Like I say,a very interesting summer for both clubs.

Mignolet - 1.2

Elmohamady - loan

Onouha - loan

Mensah - loan

Bardsley - £1.5m

Henderson - Free

Colback - Free

Riveros - Free

Malbranque £4m

Sessegnon - £6m

Looks like your team cost more to me.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7830/8594display.jpg

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Always liked Everton.

I was going to give a lol smiley for that.

But i'm letting my cyber bullying from you affect this...arselicker.

Cannit believe there's nee sleep smiley, no wonder Alan Pardew doesn't post on here.  :fishing:

Always liked Everton.

I was going to give a lol smiley for that.

But i'm letting my cyber bullying from you affect this...arselicker.

Cannit believe there's nee sleep smiley, no wonder Alan Pardew doesn't post on here.  :fishing:

:lol:

Low  blow :no:

The other picture has his eyes open and listening intently  :snod:

Doubt Short will give them much tbh. Reason why Quinn's shitting his pants about the attendances, Short must be looking thinking 'I've done my bit and I'm losing a lot of money'. Can't see us getting much money either mind.

It's going to be a very interesting summer at both clubs and will tell a lot to which direction both are going.People keep going on about Sunderland having to spend big to "stand still" and a certain extent you could apply the same to Newcastle.

How much is it going to take to replace a left back like Enrique?whoever comes in is not going to be in his class so straight away you are going to be weaker in that position next season and then you've got the Barton situation and possibly Tiote aswell if someone like a Man Utd come calling.

Like I say,a very interesting summer for both clubs.

Since Ellis Short took over SAFC in 2006, he has invested £100m into the club and the team has finished 15th, 16th and 13th respectively in their time in the Premier League. He must be getting bored/frustrated now. You are not happy when Toon fans say your team will have to spend money during the summer transfer window to stay still, yet you have already spent millions and there is little to no progress being made.

Whereas Newcastle players are actually owned by their clubs, Elmohamady, Mensah, Onuoha, Muntari and Welbeck are not owned by SAFC. Their loans will have to be extended or replacements will have to be found in the form of new signings simply to field a starting XI. Im sure you already know this.

If Enrique is to leave, the money recouped from the sale will be spent on a new player possibly with money left over, therefore showing good signs of business. The new player, however, is unlikely to be as good as Enrique.

In response to the uncertainty over Tiote's future, the insanely long contract deal that has recently been agreed would mean he would go for no less than £15m, seeing a profit of at least £12m in the space of one year - another example of good business. This money can also be spent strengthening the squad with first team players. I would, of course, like to see both of them stay.

What i'm trying to say is that if some of our players leave, we will have money to spend replacing them, but we will do so with the money we receive from their transfer. If they stay, all is well. We will not have to spend extra money this summer as we already have £35m from the sale of Andy Carroll to play with.

It says alot about which direction our respective clubs are going in  :smug:

How long does Steve Bruce have left on his contract?

About 2 and a half years.

So it would cost a few quid to get rid of him and then more money on a replacement, leaving less for signings

Sunderland are in a shit position right now

Guest Wearside

Do they really think they have healthy finances? :lol:

Probably one of the healthiest clubs in the league financially,our owner swallows all of our debts and we are virtually debt free.

Probably one of the healthiest clubs in the league financially,our owner swallows all of our debts and we are virtually debt free.

BUT how much longer is he going to keep swallowing your debts? Sunderland are losing money every season and it does not look like that will change any time soon (especially if you want to sign 5-7 players this summer)

There is nothing healthy about losing millions every single year, with no sign of it stopping.

Of the £100m Short has spent on the club, £77m has been used to clear debt. I would have to agree with Wearside, but only if their owner continues to wipe the debt clear.

SAFC's turnover rose slightly to £65.4m, but wages, at a staggering £53.7m, account for 82 percent of that figure.

How much longer can Short put up with this? Ticket sales are also down to £12.6m (no surprise there) so the fans obviously feel their team are underperforming.

Guest Wearside

Of the £100m Short has spent on the club, £77m has been used to clear debt. I would have to agree with Wearside, but only if he continues to wipe the debt clear.

SAFC's turnover rose slightly to £65.4m, but wages, at a staggering £53.7m, account for 82 percent of that figure.

How much longer can Short put up with this? Ticket sales are also down to £12.6m (no surprise there) so the fans obviously feel their team are underperforming.

Nobody knows how long he will keep doing it,all we can go on is that he has gave no indication it's likely to stop soon and he is not putting the club at risk because he just converts the debt into shares.

What Sunderland are doing is no different to what Chelsea and Man City are doing(smaller scale obviously) in that they are being bank rolled by billionaires and if they stop putting the cash in then the buying stops immediately.

Incedentially how Newcastle were worried when the Halls and Shepherds were doing exactly the same at Newcastle?seems like sour grapes to me.

We were very worried when Shepherd was here, not sure if that's what you're trying to say or not, but MA has been a saviour in a lot of ways...

Sour grapes? Next accounts will show a profit and we have plenty of self-generated money to spend in the summer. :lol:

Of the £100m Short has spent on the club, £77m has been used to clear debt. I would have to agree with Wearside, but only if he continues to wipe the debt clear.

Nobody knows how long he will keep doing it,all we can go on is that he has gave no indication it's likely to stop soon and he is not putting the club at risk because he just converts the debt into shares.

What Sunderland are doing is no different to what Chelsea and Man City are doing(smaller scale obviously) in that they are being bank rolled by billionaires and if they stop putting the cash in then the buying stops immediately.

Incedentially how Newcastle were worried when the Halls and Shepherds were doing exactly the same at Newcastle?seems like sour grapes to me.

hall stopped and freddie spent money that wasn't there which left the club in the financial shit, we got lucky in that ashley didn't bother checking the books because if he did he wouldn't have bought it and lord knows what may have happened

I agree that you are not the only club to welcome this style, but that doesn't mean it is the correct way to run a club does it?

And why do you continually resort to comparing your situation to a time in the history of NUFC in your posts?

"Yes Sunderland do this, but remember when NUFC did this?" I don't see your point with this tbh.