Sunderland...

Heron

The fact they are making so much noise about finnishing above is all about papering over the crfacks for them. they are shitting themselves, at the rate we have improved vs the rate they are failing , we have caught them in one season and should comfortably pass them next.

:mackems:

Brilliant,simply brilliant.I don't even know where to begin with that post.

Take your time, we've got a while.  I'll get my reading glasses on the go.

When we signed Darren Bent:

"Why's he going from a top six side to a struggling club?" (ignoring the fact that the top six isn't decided in January, although, in fairness, when you've been in it for about three weeks of the last 25 years, ignorance of this fact is somewhat understandable)

"He's going to look a right idiot when we finish above Villa"

I can't help but notice the final table shows:

1. Sunderland not troubling the top six.

2. Sunderland below Villa, despite us having a nightmare season.

So, basically, bollocks.

:thup:  :lol:

forgot all about that one!

The fact they are making so much noise about finnishing above is all about papering over the crfacks for them. they are shitting themselves, at the rate we have improved vs the rate they are failing , we have caught them in one season and should comfortably pass them next.

You lot have stagnated over the last couple of years, we have rapidly improved. Fact like. We're on an even keel now so theres no excuse for either side next season.

Whichever way you look at it though, Sunderland have dramaticaly failed in there attempt to put ground betwean the 2 sides since we we're relegated, and it's in our hands now.

Guest Wearside

You lot have stagnated over the last couple of years, we have rapidly improved. Fact like. We're on an even keel now so theres no excuse for either side next season.

Whichever way you look at it though, Sunderland have dramaticaly failed in there attempt to put ground betwean the 2 sides since we we're relegated, and it's in our hands now.

We have massively under-achieved this season and still finished 10th despite all our problems,Newcastle had a great season and only time will tell if you do spend the money and I'd be waiting till the summer is over before coming out with comments like "comfortably pass them next season".

We will see.

We have massively under-achieved this season and still finished 10th despite all our problems,Newcastle had a great season and only time will tell if you do spend the money and I'd be waiting till the summer is over before coming out with comments like "comfortably pass them next season".

We will see.

Yous have had loads of problems like.

Guest Wearside

Wearside  -  do you expect to still have Bruce as your manager this time in 12 months or so?  From an outside point of view, I think this is definitely do-or-die for him, especially if he's given a sizeable amount of money from Short and doesn't sustain a Waffa Cup place.

I'm surprised he is still here now,he would have been sacked by now at most other clubs and maybe the fact that Quinn is an ex-player and believes in giving managers time has went against us.

No win in 14 games in his first season followed by no win in 9 this season and 1 point from a possible 27 at one stage would have seen most managers sacked,Bruce is lucky to still be in a job and the last day win at West Ham has made it look better than it is for him.

Wearside  -  do you expect to still have Bruce as your manager this time in 12 months or so?  From an outside point of view, I think this is definitely do-or-die for him, especially if he's given a sizeable amount of money from Short and doesn't sustain a Waffa Cup place.

I'm surprised he is still here now,he would have been sacked by now at most other clubs and maybe the fact that Quinn is an ex-player and believes in giving managers time has went against us.

No win in 14 games in his first season followed by no win in 9 this season and 1 point from a possible 27 at one stage would have seen most managers sacked,Bruce is lucky to still be in a job and the last day win at West Ham has made it look better than it is for him.

I would agree, which is why I think it'll be interesting between the two clubs next season.  Unless fatty does something crazy again, I expect us to keep Pardew for the entire season, thus giving us some stability.  However I can see Bruce getting the boot at some point, meaning you lot will have a degree of upheaval, which might be disruptive.

Guest johnson293

Honestly man though, how have Sunderland "under-achieved" :lol:

Other than arguably Fulham, every side who finished above yous are genuinly better.

He (and most other Mackems) see things differently... think its because they all wear these...

http://rubberbanned.com/glasses/958-red-white-2.jpg

Apparently banners miraculously appear when wearing them, too!!

Guest Wearside

I would agree, which is why I think it'll be interesting between the two clubs next season.  Unless fatty does something crazy again, I expect us to keep Pardew for the entire season, thus giving us some stability.  However I can see Bruce getting the boot at some point, meaning you lot will have a degree of upheaval, which might be disruptive.

See what happens over the summer,it's almost impossible to predict which way Sunderland and Newcastle will go next season until we see what happens in the summer,it's pure guesswork but it should be an interesting summer for both clubs I'd say.

Don't think Sunderland have under-achieved at all - especially with that midfield.

Whilst they do need to replace the loanees, it sounds like it'll be with free transfers, which is quite sensible really. Don't they owe Spurs quite a bit of the Bent money?

Craic is you can only live off finishing one point above someone for so long, possibly until the new season, maybe till the end of the next one if you drag it out, but beating someone 5-1, well you can live off that for years, possibly an entire decade or until its bested by either team.

You can live off their supporters running off at half-time even longer...

Guest toonlass

Do you think you'll replace the 5 loan signings, Bent and Zenden with quality signings, Wearside?

Guest Wearside

Do you think you'll replace the 5 loan signings, Bent and Zenden with quality signings, Wearside?

Well I think we will replace them,whether they will be same quality is a different matter,how do you replace someone like Bent?He is one of the best in the league and other than throwing 20 odd million at someone then it will be very hard.

Of the others Mensah and Zenden didn't start a great deal of games and were more squad players really so think we could replace them easy enough but replacing Onouha and Welbeck will be harder.

So in answer to your question,no I'd be very surprised if we got the same quality as replacements,this summer will say a lot about the ambition we have so just have to see what happens,don't think anyone knows really.

Guest VegasToon

We will see.

:spit:

Guest toonlass

immediately denied by Quim

skysports_bryan Bryan Swanson

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has denied any illegal approach, or interest, in Demba Ba #ssn

Well no shit, Bryan Swamson.

Quimmy is hardly likely to phone up SSN and say "Aye, to be sure, we spent all of Satda evening with Demba and a suitcase of cash talking about how good he would look in red and white stripes, by golly, to be sure!"

its the way I tell 'em.