Paul Gascoigne charged with drink driving.

Optimistic Nut

Guest Stephen927

The other night on North East Tonight they ran a story about Jimmy Five Bellies loosing about 9st. He seems to be doing well for himself. Shame he can't get Gazza on the same track.

Jimmy Five Bellies is the one who helped set Gazza on the track he's on now.

The other night on North East Tonight they ran a story about Jimmy Five Bellies loosing about 9st. He seems to be doing well for himself. Shame he can't get Gazza on the same track.

So it's only fair he helps get him off it.

Guest Stephen927

Sadly I think Gazza is too far gone now for help. Unfortunately I can't see it being too long now until we all wake upto the news he's went a step too far or his body is packing up.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

It was the fall from grace that hit Gazza. To be on top of the world having the world at your feet one day then it's all gone, players like him can't come to terms with dealing without having the football. It's really sad but he will end up like George Best. I know him well.

Guest toonlass

It was the fall from grace that hit Gazza. To be on top of the world having the world at your feet one day then it's all gone, players like him can't come to terms with dealing without having the football. It's really sad but he will end up like George Best. I know him well.

I really don't think anything would have stopped Gazza being an alcoholic. Whether he was a famous footballer or sitting on the dole in Gateshead I think that he would have had a drink problem. The only difference is the way other people see him. As the ex-footballer he is the loveable rogue and clown. Had he been sat on the dole drinking he would just been seen as a no-hope scumbag!

Guest michaelfoster

In that case we could do with Jimmy to help slim down Kevin 'Three Belly's' Nolan

if it hadn't been him it would have been someone else

I'm so glad I was just too young to really live Italia 90. Seems like the kind of thing to scar you for life. Even watching it later is depressing. Watched that semi once and can't really do it again.

What I can remember in the aftermath of that semi-final was not feeling too bad, because if we'd played in or won the final without Gazza, something would have been lost from the whole occasion. He had been the absolute heart and soul of that team, and I'd have felt terrible for him if he'd missed out on a final triumph. I'm sure I wasn't the only person feeling that.