Are the 5000 coming back next season?

James

Despite being promoted, and playing well, 5000 seem to have stayed away from SJP this season, despite enduring the shit of last season. The question is are 5000 really going to come back just because its Premiership when next season is likely to be a struggle?

Don't really care to be honest. The going got tough and they bailed out and they haven't been missed. They have shown themselves to be Premier League fans as opposed to Newcastle fans. The 43,000 average who have stuck by the club this season are the important ones and i'm sure will all be back next season.

A lot of the empty seats are in the posh bits and im sure there will be more people there next season. However there will also be a lot of games where the awat team barely sell half of their allocation

Most of the empty seats are corporate and they might remain empty because of the current financial climate as a lot of companies are still struggling.  The directors box is something like £200 per game and I can't see why anybody would want to pay that.  The other main areas for empty seats are either end of the Milburn and they were empty a lot last season.

We don't need to extra fans back they showed there true colours and will try and blame it on having no money. There through thick and thin or don't f***ing bother

Some probably did stop because they didn't have enough money and I hope that they are in a better position to come back.  I have a mate who has been going to matches for over 30 years and he lost his job and couldn't go.

Noticed a ton of 'fairweatheres' back at the last few games. Yesterday I had 4 blokes sitting directly behind me, well spoken, in their late fifties/early sixties. The way they acted and things they were saying, they had 'fair weather fans' written all over them.

Guest toonlass

It peed off the southern-based media that our crowds did not drop to 15,000. To think that we have consistantly had good crowds all season is amazing and if people who have stayed away decide to come back next season then fair enough but they missed out on a cracking season this year.

It peed off the southern-based media that our crowds did not drop to 15,000. To think that we have consistantly had good crowds all season is amazing and if people who have stayed away decide to come back next season then fair enough but they missed out on a cracking season this year.

Can't say I've noticed this tbh

If you look at where the gaps are the you will see that 90% of them are in the corporate seating, so probably yes, all the slime balls will come crawling back, but I doubt you can say that they are real fans.

Guest toonlass

Sorry, what didn't you notice?

Sorry, what didn't you notice?

The 'peed off... southern-based media'