FA Youth Cup Semi Final Tonight @ SJP KO. 7pm

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Vuckic played some lovely football, it's a pity that he has lost so much time this season because of injury as he would have looked good in our first team.

Don't forget, people have already written him off based on the 2 mins he had for us in a league appearance...  :cheesy:

Don't forget, people have already written him off based on the 2 mins he had for us in a league appearance...  :cheesy:

Only a moron would write him off based on that so you're probably right.

Just got back in. Shame like, thought we played well too. Lost to a weak goal.

As mentioned by Chris there was some lovely passing in the middle with Vuckic and that. Very pretty at times. Red head kid deserves a shout out, broke up some plays at vital times and was canny going forward.

That Conor Newton, does that every game, very under rated.

Is he considered to be good enough to step up in few years?

Vuckic played some lovely football, it's a pity that he has lost so much time this season because of injury as he would have looked good in our first team.

Played at Peterborough in the cup didnt he, how did he do down there, out of intrest?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd like to see Jeff Henderson given a pro-deal for a year or two, loaned out or tested in the cup, as he's impressed all season for me. Stephen Folan has looked decent since switching to CB as well, which doesn't look too good for Tozer, Grieves, Callum Morris and James Taylor, sadly.

Just got back in. Shame like, thought we played well too. Lost to a weak goal.

As mentioned by Chris there was some lovely passing in the middle with Vuckic and that. Very pretty at times. Red head kid deserves a shout out, broke up some plays at vital times and was canny going forward.

That Conor Newton, does that every game, very under rated.

Is he considered to be good enough to step up in few years?

He has more energy than any of the CMs we currently have, has good control over the ball and always looks composed, so I don't see why not if he keeps that progression going. Be very refreshing to have him in the squad, but Matty Pattison was the same... so who knows how it'll work out.

i forgot to mention some of the moaners at the match, couple of old blokes behind me were doing my head in.  i coudn't believe some of the people were getting on the lads backs, madness, they are only 17-18 kids learning their trade.  Also couldn't understand the booing at both HT and FT,  yes it was probably aimed at the officials but it wasn't called for.  Be devastating for the players if they've walked off the pitch thinking the boos were aimed at them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

i forgot to mention some of the moaners at the match, couple of old blokes behind me were doing my head in.   i coudn't believe some of the people were getting on the lads backs, madness, they are only 17-18 kids learning their trade.  Also couldn't understand the booing at both HT and FT,  yes it was probably aimed at the officials but it wasn't called for.  Be devastating for the players if they've walked off the pitch thinking the boos were aimed at them.

Hmm, seems we all had utter wankers sitting behind us! Had two drunken blokes behind me using the 'N' word everytime the Villa #12 touched the ball. Urging Toon kids to break that '......'s legs'. Unbelievable (Jeff).

i forgot to mention some of the moaners at the match, couple of old blokes behind me were doing my head in.   i coudn't believe some of the people were getting on the lads backs, madness, they are only 17-18 kids learning their trade.  Also couldn't understand the booing at both HT and FT,  yes it was probably aimed at the officials but it wasn't called for.  Be devastating for the players if they've walked off the pitch thinking the boos were aimed at them.

I didn't hear anybody near me moaning about anybody but the ref who was probably from Birmingham.  The booing must have been aimed at the ref but it was pathetic and some of the kids must have wondered what it was about.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I sat near that crazy Danny Guthrie freak lass/thing.  She's one fucked up character like.

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Its class when she sneaks in at youth games and the fatty Security guard shepards her out.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Who looked up to much?

Everyone had a decent game, but if you had to be a harsh critic than Airey could have done better with his chances. Also seemed drawn onto the flanks, even though he was in the center (though was possibly switching with Ameobi since he rarely tracked back).

Adjei didn't really do much unless he had the ball, but when he had the ball at his feet looked lively.

Conor Newton, as already mentioned, was the engine room in midfield.

Inman looked busy but seemed scared to shoot at times.

Ameobi was Ameobi.

Vuckic came on and was at another level, wouldn't be surprised to see him on the 1st team bench next year if he's allowed to grow in confidence and given a chance.

Guest toonlass

Have to agree with everything said. We were the better footballing side. Conor Newton, Phil Airey (before his sending off) and Vuckic were the better players, although Sami Ameobi looked decent too. Tavernier was the weak link in the chain for me. Ref had a poor game, was late with his decisions and inconsistant, and missed the most blatent penalty ever. All in all it was a shame they lost because there was some lovely passing football. Nice to see a good sized crowd to back them.

Aye, good show all round. Some cracking one touch football at times as well.

This is probably the best set of kids we've had since Keegan first came in as manager.

and the good thing is that it looks like we may have some more coming through behind this lot,  the likes of Remi Streete in the under 16's and then the U15's have won the UK Nike Cup.  although its a long long way from that level to the first team or even the reserves.

and the good thing is that it looks like we may have some more coming through behind this lot,  the likes of Remi Streete in the under 16's and then the U15's have won the UK Nike Cup.  although its a long long way from that level to the first team or even the reserves.

I wouldn't be surprised of 3 or 4 players on show tonight go on to do well in the first team and others will be picked up by other clubs if they don't make it here.  On tonights showing we have one of the best teams at this level and if we had a goal scorer we would have walked the game.

I think you're all being far too harsh on Tavernier, I thought that he was excellent in the first half and is an exciting player to watch.

I think its just because i've seen him play so much better Mick,  that was honestly the worst game i have seen him play in 2 years.  He is definately still one to watch though.

I think you're all being far too harsh on Tavernier, I thought that he was excellent in the first half and is an exciting player to watch.

I don't want to seem like I was slagging him off like. It's just he's set the bar so high in previous games I've seen him play in. Just a little off tonight. I still love him  :aww:

Guest icemanblue

That Conor Newton looks a proper player, like. Exactly the type of player we're missing from our first team at the minute. Hardly anything got past him, and he was cool, composed and very aware on the ball, every time.

Vuckic, having been out for 6 odd months, looked a real class above. We'll do very well to keep hold of him over the next couple of years.

Agree with Vuckic like. Instantly after coming on you could see he was at another level, he looked a move ahead of the game at times and his passing with the outside of the foot in particular was superb technique.