NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest MrBrown

Dave + Twitter =  :smitten:

He should really credit it, though, before Ed Byrne sends him an angry tweet.

Guest MrBrown

As for potentially difficult personalities, the difference Bellamy and Robert made when they signed was significant. I'd be willing to deal with another 'difficult' player if they have similar impact.

I'd rather have creative, talented players with an attitude problem then useless cloggers who are good craic in the dressing room. It's a football team not a fooking social gathering. If there's the remotest chance we can get a pacey winger like him to give us a real spark then we should go for it.

I'd rather have creative, talented players with an attitude problem then useless cloggers who are good craic in the dressing room. It's a football team not a fooking social gathering. If there's the remotest chance we can get a pacey winger like him to give us a real spark then we should go for it.

Would you prefer the current NUFC squad or the 2008/2009 squad. Because signing these types ofindividuals will get us back there.

Would you prefer the current NUFC squad or the 2008/2009 squad. Because signing these types ofindividuals will get us back there.

:idiot2: The 08/09 squad had crap, overpaid, past-it, dross. It was nothing to do with attitude, just poor players - and poor players losing games develops a negative attitude. With this squad next season they'll all be bitching and moaning once we start losing games, and this 'team spirit' will soon dissapear. Buying young talented players will get us away from the rubbish we've signed in recent years.

Never heard such a load of rubbish. Aye lets stick with Nolan and Smith in midfield because they're good banter jack the lad types, oh and screw bringing in depth in wide positions because talented players are not allowed.

Guest BooBoo

It's naive to underestimate the importance of team spirit. The 08/09 squad was as pea hearted as it gets. We may get outclassed next year but I don't think we'll capitulate easily.

It's naive to underestimate the importance of team spirit. The 08/09 squad was as pea hearted as it gets. We may get outclassed next year but I don't think we'll capitulate easily.

I still think as soon as we start losing the team spirit will disappear completely, winning games is what kept it going last season. Getting in sufficient caliber of player is far more important, every club probably has some right cunts in amongst the squad. I'd hasten to bet that some of ours aren't exactly great to get along with behind closed doors.

I think the fact that he's a trouble maker is blown out of proportion aswell, he's probably no worse than what we've got.

It's a bit worrying that he's only young, but this is the second club he's being moved on from, not because of his ability but because of his attitude. I doubt whether we'd be in with any kind of a shout if it wasn't for the disciplinary problem.

I can see this lad getting on famously with Mr Barton. Or possibly not.

Guest neesy111

I still think as soon as we start losing the team spirit will disappear completely, winning games is what kept it going last season. Getting in sufficient caliber of player is far more important, every club probably has some right cunts in amongst the squad. I'd hasten to bet that some of ours aren't exactly great to get along with behind closed doors.

I think the fact that he's a trouble maker is blown out of proportion aswell, he's probably no worse than what we've got.

you can say that about every team in the world tho

I still think as soon as we start losing the team spirit will disappear completely, winning games is what kept it going last season. Getting in sufficient caliber of player is far more important, every club probably has some right c***s in amongst the squad. I'd hasten to bet that some of ours aren't exactly great to get along with behind closed doors.

you can say that about every team in the world tho

Precisely my point.

It's a bit worrying that he's only young, but this is the second club he's being moved on from, not because of his ability but because of his attitude. I doubt whether we'd be in with any kind of a shout if it wasn't for the disciplinary problem.

I can see this lad getting on famously with Mr Barton. Or possibly not.

From the ridiculous Broken English I read on that Marseille forum it seems he's being moved on this time not because of his attitude. From what I could gather Deschamps is a manager who prefers organised, disciplined teams and had no room for raw talent like Ben Arfa. They said he showed flashes of sheer brilliance but lacked consistency to be in a CL side, most seemed pretty gutted to be letting him go on the cheap though - and that they're worried he'll go elsewhere and explode.

The way I see it (and again, the whole story is probably nonsense anyway, but in the offchance there is some truth) if there is anyway we can get a player like him for such a reasonable price, who would instantly improve our side, it's the kind of Ashley 'oppurtunity' signing where we could resurect his career.

It won't be as bad as 08/09, though. Those players thought they were better than how the club preformed, these players know it'll be an uphill battle to stay in the division, and anyone signing surely wouldn't be stupid enough to think they were signing for a club who'd fight in the top part of the PL this season.

Dunno. You were the one that suggested keeping a track of all the rumours.

i have and so far gosling is the only one we have been rumoured with this close season and signed (perch being rumoured in january and not till he signed in the close season to my knowledge)

I hear Annan is signing for us, have you counted that one yet madras?

:lol: Never. I sincerely hope you are serious, but I have no reasonto believe we are actually going to acquire this player.

1/∞

Not bad.

Tbh, the club aren't going to sign every player they have interest in. If a paper has even the slightest indication that a team is interested in a player, then it is good business to report it so they can claim to have had the story first.