NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

The French press were saying that the deal to Werder would be a loan. If this is the case, I don't see why we cannot get this player. The German league isn't any better than the French. I really this we care more about getting him off of our wage bill, than actually receiving a tranfer fee for him at this date in time.

The French press were saying that the deal to Werder would be a loan. If this is the case, I don't see why we cannot get this player. The German league isn't any better than the French. I really this we care more about getting him off of our wage bill, than actually receiving a tranfer fee for him at this date in time.

He would improve us drastically though, right?

You watch him regularly, I assume.

I hate him for OM because he's frustrating. He has a massive amount of talent, and there were stretches last year where he was one of the better players at the club and scored some massive goals. At the same time, he can very selfish on the pitch and is noted as being a petulant bastard off of it. He's worn out his welcome at OL and OM now. Still, I feel like he can be a star. I feel like he's worth the risk for this club. You cannot deny that he is a fantasticly gifted footballer. Marseille are trying to push on for titles and European success, NUFC are just trying to stay up. We can deal with his issues.

I hate him for OM because he's frustrating. He has a massive amount of talent, and there were stretches last year where he was one of the better players at the club and scored some massive goals. At the same time, he can very selfish on the pitch and is noted as being a petulant b****** off of it. He's worn out his welcome at OL and OM now. Still, I feel like he can be a star. I feel like he's worth the risk for this club. You cannot deny that he is a fantasticly gifted footballer. Marseille are trying to push on for titles and European success, NUFC are just trying to stay up. We can deal with his issues.

Pretty much exactly what I guessed. The fact that that if we got him and some how managed to utilise his talent, we'd have a very good player on our hands. It's the kind of transfer that like you say is worth the risk, we don't have the cash to get a ready made star - so why not take a punt on resurrecting a players' career? If worst comes to worst he's young enough to be moved on with little loss.

Loan with future fee agreed, would be the perfect scenario really.

As good as he is, I would think Hughton has more positions in the team to fill as priority over another midfielder.

I cannot see him coming to SJP especially as Hughton has signed Gosling, probably will sign Cleverely on loan and with the prospect of Taylor being out for a considerable time, another centre half is now more important.

Furthermore, cover at left back is also a priority as well as a nippy striker. I would rather see us sign the turkish lad from PSG than this guy.

Would be great if this was Hughton being Hughton, playing everything down, and then bang, we've got him.

Here's hoping anyway.

I just hope it's not the club making the same mistakes as two years ago, and going over Hughton's head to sign him...although would anyone be that bothered for a player like Ben Arfa?

Guest geordienorway

I just hope it's not the club making the same mistakes as two years ago, and going over Hughton's head to sign him...although would anyone be that bothered for a player like Ben Arfa?

Hughton has stated he admires the player though.

I reeeeaaally want him here, trying to convince myself that he's not coming here

because i know i will end up disappointed anyway, easier said than done though!

Fingers crossed though

Hughton has stated he admires the player though.

He's also said there's definitely been no contact. Although perhaps that's true so far and tomorrow will be first real talks. Guess we'll see.

Guest prestonj1989

His name is Hatem Ben Arfa not Benjamin Arfa. Hughton and Calderwood did not travel back with the squad yesterday so might have gone to look at some players.

He cost 11m euro in 2008, what price now? Can anyone see Ashley spending half that? He fits the profile of others we've signed recently, young etc. but the difference is this guy can actually play football and would cost a lot.

Guest geordienorway

He cost 11m euro in 2008, what price now? Can anyone see Ashley spending half that? He fits the profile of others we've signed recently, young etc. but the difference is this guy can actually play football and would cost a lot.

L'equipe reckons 8 million euros. But it also mentions a "stability-clause" in his contract which could see him leave for 3 million euros in 2011. As a result, OM could be forced to accept a cut-price offer.

Buy him for £6m, then after a good season sell him to Arsenal or City for £12-15m is no doubt Ashley's thinking.