NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest mimifrench

So is Newcastle going to spend all the "carroll money" in the mercato ?

If the answer is yes, you could have a very good team next year and target europe. If you havn't lost some points "stupidly" (like against sunderland or bolton in the last minutes) you could have been easily in europe next season, even without Ben arfa.

Guest mimifrench

mimi. as a franch expert, who would you personally recommend we buy?

I really have no idea for french players but i think demba ba looks good. Moreover, i don't see Gameiro going to England (maybe Spain or PSG) but i may be wrong. 

And it depends on what football system Newcastle is going to play : 4-4-2 ? 4-3-3 ?

mimi. as a franch expert, who would you personally recommend we buy?

I really have no idea for french players but i think demba ba looks good. Moreover, i don't see Gameiro going to England (maybe Spain or PSG) but i may be wrong. 

And it depends on what football system Newcastle is going to play : 4-4-2 ? 4-3-3 ?

We always seem to do 4-4-2, but I think Pardew plans a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 type with Ben Arfa playing off a striker.

Doyle would be a poor signing.

Decent all-round footballer but there's nothing at all about him that will scare teams, we should be aiming for someone a lot better this summer.

I am sure we will be. But it will be from abroad therefore adding a little bit of the unknown to him. We need 2 strikers in my opinion to replace Carroll and Ranger who needs to go out on loan.

Doyle offers pedigree, work rate and decent all round footballing ability. I have a Lot of Wolves friends who idolise him and say they are not the same without him.

This. You know exactly what you're getting with Doyle and I think he could do a good job for us. It's not like we'll be good enough to push for Europe next season/have money to afford much better.

Doyle would be a poor signing.

Decent all-round footballer but there's nothing at all about him that will scare teams, we should be aiming for someone a lot better this summer.

I am sure we will be. But it will be from abroad therefore adding a little bit of the unknown to him. We need 2 strikers in my opinion to replace Carroll and Ranger who needs to go out on loan.

Doyle offers pedigree, work rate and decent all round footballing ability. I have a Lot of Wolves friends who idolise him and say they are not the same without him.

This. You know exactly what you're getting with Doyle and I think he could do a good job for us. It's not like we'll be good enough to push for Europe next season/have money to afford much better.

So then we'll have Best, Doyle, Ameobi and Lovenkrands. No thanks.

If we got two strikers in and Doyle was one of them I wouldn't say no as long as it was for decent money.

However, I would never ever like to see Doyle signing as our main striker next season.

If Wolves go down and we get Doyle for a reasonable price, preferably under 5 million, and buy another striker maybe from the French league I'll be more than satisfied. Doyle is by no means a world-beater but he is in my view underrated and has valuable experience in this league.

I'm not really familiar with Gameiro, but he sure does sound a lot like the new Guivarc'h.

In what respect?

As I did say, I haven't seen much of Gameiro, but it doesn't look like has has any stand out qualities. Hes good at being in the right place at the right time, and has a decent scoring record, just as Guivarc'h.

Seriously, who here has seen Guivarvc'h play?

Those of you who have, join me on my high horse.

I've seen him play and he was shit, I can't understand how we got our money back off him.

To my mind, gignac is one of the most over-rated player i've ever seen!

So true. Still can't believe Marseille paid €18 million for him.

The price is an absurdity, but he is a good centre forward, imo. I think he will do very well if OM can add quality around him. Remy has been disappointing, and even Brandao has been loaned out after his rape. There was a slow start to his career, but he's shown well of late, imo.

Gignac has never played with Ben arfa. The only link between the 2 is that Gignac stole ben arfa's n°10 when he was "on strike".

To my mind, gignac is one of the most over-rated player i've ever seen ! This summer, his price (18 million euros) was a pure joke.

He has only done one great season in his carrer and it was in toulouse where the football system was 8-1-1 lol

When you think that he was at the world cup instead of benzema..........

And what about Sow? Do you think he is better than Gignac?

Sow is good but he only arrived this year in lille so i don't think he will move. To know if Sow is better than gignac, we have to wait and see what he'll do next season. But don't forget that Sow is in a very good team so maybe it is more simple for him to score numerous goals.

However, he scored some brilliant goals this season.

Sow is the best striker in France right now. I wish NUFC could sign him along with Hazard, but it will take a lot of financial exertion. Gignac is also in a good team, mimi. OM are three points behind Lille, won two trophies last season and our in good position to win the same two trophies this term. It is not an excuse.

Doyle is a nothing player. I'd only want him if he could somehow be acquired for free.

Guest palnese

doyle would be a good cheapish replacement for shola imo. that's implying we'll ever get rid of the latter though, which we all know isnt gonna happen

God forbid. Shola must stay here for at least another decade.

doyle would be a good cheapish replacement for shola imo. that's implying we'll ever get rid of the latter though, which we all know isnt gonna happen

God forbid. Shola must stay here for at least another decade.

http://i.imgur.com/r67ZS.gif

Shola is SHOLA, though. He is NUFC. Doyle is just some random rubbish player from Eire Land. If we are going to be employing below average footballers, I'd prefer if they were at least ones the supporters had an affinity for.

i've got an affinity for anyone who does well for nufc tbh. i have absolutely nothing resembling affinity for shola, the lazy sack of shit.