NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Aye that's why Henderson will fetch a bare minimum £15m and why Larsson is a free transfer. :)

One good game and he's worth £15 million again? According to the SMB he'd been so dire over recent weeks you wouldn't be able to give him away.

To be fair,he had a good game last season as well.

Guest Wearside

Anyone who pays £15 million for Henderson needs their heads checked. Not saying they wont, just saying they would be crazy too.

Hopefully nobody pays it,it sort of defeats the purpose of an academy if we sell the best players at the first opportunity.

Anyone who pays £15 million for Henderson needs their heads checked. Not saying they wont, just saying they would be crazy too.

Hopefully nobody pays it,it sort of defeats the purpose of an academy if we sell the best players at the first opportunity.

I see what you did there. ;)

From what I've seen of Henderson, he's quite good technically, however he doesn't appear to have the mentality to dominate games.

Guest Wearside

You need the cash though no?

No suggestion that we need the cash as far as I know of.

Unless someone offers stupid money for him then he will stay,the whole purpose of an academy is to develop young players so that you don't have to go out and spend stupid amounts on buying players every summer,selling him for say £15m wouldn't make much sense as we would still need to replace him.

Yes I know Newcastle sold Carroll who come through your academy but let's be honest,you can't turn that sort of cash,just a shame that you spent years and years developing him and then bang he is gone but that's football I suppose.

Unless someone offers stupid money for him then he will stay,the whole purpose of an academy is to develop young players so that you don't have to go out and spend stupid amounts on buying players every summer,selling him for say £15m wouldn't make much sense as we would still need to replace him.

Yes I know Newcastle sold Carroll who come through your academy but let's be honest,you can't turn that sort of cash,just a shame that you spent years and years developing him and then bang he is gone but that's football I suppose.

You honestly wouldn't sell him for £15m if the money was going back into the team?

Guest Wearside

No I wouldn't sell him,what's the point of selling someone and then having to go and pay over inflated prices on someone else,it defeats the object.He is 20 year old,already been called up for England and is rarely injured,he is only going to get better the more experience he gets.

No I wouldn't sell him,what's the point of selling someone and then having to go and pay over inflated prices on someone else,it defeats the object.He is 20 year old,already been called up for England and is rarely injured,he is only going to get better the more experience he gets.

Because if you scouted abroad you could probably get 3 players of equal ability for that money. Given your squad has about 6 loan signings in it already and you are still struggling for numbers, added to the fact Short seems to be getting a squeeky bum, I would have thought you would need a bit of help to increase the squad numbers.

Just my opinion though.

that does beg the question, why define his ability by how much you'll get for him if you sell him? as opposed to larrson being on a free (because he doesnt want to stay at birmingham).

Because if you scouted abroad you could probably get 3 players of equal ability for that money. Given your squad has about 6 loan signings in it already and you are still struggling for numbers, added to the fact Short seems to be getting a squeeky bum, I would have thought you would need a bit of help to increase the squad numbers.

Just my opinion though.

Exactly...you'll be the one's  getting an over-inflated price for him because he's English.

Guest Wearside

that does beg the question, why define his ability by how much you'll get for him if you sell him? as opposed to larrson being on a free (because he doesnt want to stay at birmingham).

I think I'd rather take a chance on a 20 year old kid improving over Larsson any day of the week.

Henderson has ability, no doubt about it and it's not his fault that he has been asked to play as a defensive midfielder for the majority of the season.

Not all young players develop straight away,how many people expected Carroll to turn into a £35m striker when he has 20 and could barely get a game for you lot in your last Premier League season?very few people I'd wager.

Academies are money making machines as well as places for clubs to produce the stars of the future. Fact of life and there's nothing much you can do about it. It's always sad when you get rid of a local lad but if you can get a few million pounds for an asset you've spent no money on then it's a good deal.

In all seriousness Henderson is potentially a very good player. He's been built up by the media because he's young and English, the same happened to Carroll. Sunderland would do very well to get around £20 million for him and I expect they'll get a bid in that region over the next year or two from a City or a Chelsea.

Larsson on a free is a great idea. Thanks to Man City, Real Madrid and Liverpool, everything is so inflated now that it makes freebies look like even more of a bargain! We need bodies, basically.

While we need to improve we also need depth. Personally I dont think Larsson is any better than Barton but he's a better option than Ryan Taylor. Elmander is another one we should be looking to bring in - not an out and out goalscorer but a classy player who is better than what we have.

Larsson on a free is a great idea. Thanks to Man City, Real Madrid and Liverpool, everything is so inflated now that it makes freebies look like even more of a bargain! We need bodies, basically.

While we need to improve we also need depth. Personally I dont think Larsson is any better than Barton but he's a better option than Ryan Taylor. Elmander is another one we should be looking to bring in - not an out and out goalscorer but a classy player who is better than what we have.

Isn't Elmander leaving because he wants more money? He'll not get it here.

Nee idea. I don't actually know anything about what's going on in the world of football, I just come on here and use the odd big word and make it sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Nee idea. I don't actually know anything about what's going on in the world of football, I just come on here and use the odd big word and make it sound like I know what I'm talking about.

:laugh:

Rejected a one-year contract extension at £50k per week if the rags are to be believed.