NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

Miguel much like Manuel Fernandes got too much into the night life of Spain he's had weight issues as well as a shocking cigar habit.

Guest EastEndGeordie

The funny thing is that at this current time the more obscure names we're being linked to are the most likely to join us considering that Graham Carr seems to be aimed at signing good young players (by MA) who won't cost nothing, after all who'd ever heard of Enrique or Tiote (excluding on FM) before we'd signed them?

Guest EastEndGeordie

José Enrique didn't come exactly cheap, did he? Was it €7m or something like that? Decent coin for a young LB.

Yes but he's a one off. I mean a combined amount of 8 Mil for Tiote and Ben Arfa? That's what I'd call a bargain.

The funny thing is that at this current time the more obscure names we're being linked to are the most likely to join us considering that Graham Carr seems to be aimed at signing good young players (by MA) who won't cost nothing, after all who'd ever heard of Enrique or Tiote (excluding on FM) before we'd signed them?

Where is this idea coming from that Mike Ashley is finding these players personally? Seen this said a few times now.

Don't remember Freddy Shepherd getting the credit for Laurent Robert or Nobby Solano.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Where is this idea coming from that Mike Ashley is finding these players personally? Seen this said a few times now.

Don't remember Freddy Shepherd getting the credit for Laurent Robert or Nobby Solano.

I didn't say that MA was getting on FM and like going to Graham Carr "go and buy this fella he's doing alright".

What I'm saying is that MA is obviously saying "try to get young players on the cheap" and hired Graham Carr who (thankfully for MA) is succedding bringing in a lot more Tiote's rather than Luque's.

I didn't say that MA was getting on FM and like going to Graham Carr "go and buy this fella he's doing alright".

What I'm saying is that MA is obviously saying "try to get young players on the cheap" and hired Graham Carr who (thankfully for MA) is succedding bringing in a lot more Tiote's rather than Luque's.

But Hughton had already been to watch Tiote before Graham Carr was even employed, under KK's instructions. And HBA was a £10m player with several French league titles under his belt who'd played for the two biggest clubs in France, not an obscure gem.

Just think this idea that Ashley has broken the mould by having a Chief Scout is bizarre, not from you personally but it's often cited. My great uncle was Chief Scout for Newcastle in the 1970s and signed Terry Mac from Bury, it's hardly a new development in football any more than having a goalkeeper is.

Regarding Ben Arfa he's obvious quality and I look forward seeing him taking the field for you, but I withdraw judgement until he spends two seasons without picking up a fight with anybody. Still a no-brainer for that price, mind.

I'd just like to see him get a few games under his belt tbh. Yes he is quality but after his performance at Everton I fear a lot of peoples expectations are going to be too high. This being amplified by our overly shit squad.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Regarding Ben Arfa he's obvious quality and I look forward seeing him taking the field for you, but I withdraw judgement until he spends two seasons without picking up a fight with anybody. Still a no-brainer for that price, mind.

I'd just like to see him get a few games under his belt tbh. Yes he is quality but after his performance at Everton I fear a lot of peoples expectations are going to be too high. This being amplified by our overly shit squad.

We all love to 'big him up', but agreed, he won't come in and turn our side straight into a Europa competing team. I imagine there will be games where he just won't get into it (Stoke).

Linked with Carlton Cole in Sunday's bog roll.

Think I'd hurt somebody if we spent money on Carlton Cole.

Likely and hopefully its just easy paper talk but I'd be fucking furious if we signed CC. Worse than Shola.

Guest VegasToon

Linked with Carlton Cole in Sunday's bog roll.

Think I'd hurt somebody if we spent money on Carlton Cole.

No better than Best or Shola...SO PLEASE FUCK OFF WITH THIS RUMOUR!