NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I was saying before the season that I would love Odemwingie here, but honestly it would be quite annoying to pay 5-10 times the price West Brom have just bought him for. We easily could have purchased him before, as it was a position we lacked even before selling Carroll.

Yup, would be a stupid transfer for this reason.  We're better off looking for the 'next Odemwingie', especially because he's pushing 30 isn't he?

Yeah, I think he'll be 30 during next season. Would be difficult to sign the "next Odemwingie" anyway. He might be the best Uzbek-African footballer in history.

Anyway that Liverpool gives us Insua as part of any Enrique deal? This I would be alright with.

I was saying before the season that I would love Odemwingie here, but honestly it would be quite annoying to pay 5-10 times the price West Brom have just bought him for. We easily could have purchased him before, as it was a position we lacked even before selling Carroll.

Yup, would be a stupid transfer for this reason.  We're better off looking for the 'next Odemwingie', especially because he's pushing 30 isn't he?

Yeah, I think he'll be 30 during next season. Would be difficult to sign the "next Odemwingie" anyway. He might be the best Uzbek-African footballer in history.

Anyway that Liverpool gives us Insua as part of any Enrique deal? This I would be alright with.

I just mean the next Odemwingie in the sense of buying a decent player from aboard, for a relatively small sum, who isn't a household name in England.

Nothing wrong with scouring the market for players coming to the end of their contract as long as they are quality additions and not just players who will come here for low wages.

It would be nice to think we were scouring for quality free transfers to add squad depth or replace some of our crap to allow the Carroll money to be invested in two quality players.

Spearing was quality against Sunderland. Better than a lot of you are making out.

didnt see the Man City Game, but apparently was top class in that one too,.

Yes he was very good against City.  Seems to be getting into the swing of it the more he plays.