NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Steve Wraith said this on twitter earlier today. 

stevewraith steve wraith

@ @geordiejohn41 jose jonas shola joey and heard leon best is up for 4m #laughable

17 hours ago

Why would Jose and Jonas talk to Steve Wraith?

In the Star as well.

With Newcastle fans still reeling over Kevin Nolan’s shock departure to Demba Ba’s former club West Ham, Toon top brass have put Leon Best up for sale with a £4m price tag.

The Republic of Ireland international scored six goals in 11 games for  Newcastle before injury cut his season short.

And if Best goes it will mean,  following Andy Carroll’s £35m move to Liverpool in January and Nolan’s sale, three players who contributed 29 of the 56 league goals scored last term will have left.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/196355/Demba-Ba-flies-in-to-plug-the-gap/?

Again, not terribly bothered. Not an awful player, but just depend on who we end up with come the start of the season.

In the Star as well.

With Newcastle fans still reeling over Kevin Nolan’s shock departure to Demba Ba’s former club West Ham, Toon top brass have put Leon Best up for sale with a £4m price tag.

The Republic of Ireland international scored six goals in 11 games for  Newcastle before injury cut his season short.

And if Best goes it will mean,  following Andy Carroll’s £35m move to Liverpool in January and Nolan’s sale, three players who contributed 29 of the 56 league goals scored last term will have left.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/196355/Demba-Ba-flies-in-to-plug-the-gap/?

:omg:

Was only pointing out that Wraith had mentioned Best and £4m this morning and tomorrow's papers are now saying the same thing.

I just hope that there are deals more advanced than we are aware because if their targets start turning them down, we could be in a right mess.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For all I was saying tonight about Best not being that great, he's certainly worth keeping hold of for a third or fourth option. I can only assume we've got some good players coming in imminently...

Was only pointing out that Wraith had mentioned Best and £4m this morning and tomorrow's papers are now saying the same thing.

I just hope that there are deals more advanced than we are aware because if their targets start turning them down, we could be in a right mess.

It's June mate...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For all I was saying tonight about Best not being that great, he's certainly worth keeping hold of for a third or fourth option. I can only assume we've got some good players coming in imminently...

Wouldn't count on it like. What a massive gamble we're undergoing, it's becoming crazy, we've barely started the window yet.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ashley's loving all this.

Talk about a fucking gamble.

I'm loving it too in a way, and really not that fussed that the ones we seemingly actually deem surplus are Cambell, Kuqi, Best, Ranger (though possibly more of another kick up the arse in his case), and Smith, so far.

Going to be a mad month, and not worried in the slightest......  

....Yet! :lol: