NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Skjelbred & Legear going off player and agent quotes today then.

Legear, yes please. What has his agent said?

Enrique for the big boost.

Was asked by a French website if there was any truth in the rumours about him going to PSG, and he said no, the only contact has been from English & Russian clubs, and it mentioned how we made an approach along with Everton for him in January.

Guest Roger Kint

Derdiyok

Not sure how he is doing these days but was a canny prospect when Leverkusen bought him

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-plotting-to-hijack-Sunderland-s-move-for-Manchester-United-s-Darron-Gibson-article752444.html

Newcastle are ­attempting to hijack Darron ­Gibson’s proposed £5million move to north-east rivals ­Sunderland.

The Manchester United midfielder has been given permission to open talks with Sunderland after the Premier League champions accepted a bid last week.

But Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will match ­Sunderland’s offer in the next 48 hours and attempt to persuade Gibson to snub their arch-rivals.

The 23-year-old Republic of Ireland international ­accepts he has no future at Old Trafford.

Yet he remains undecided whether joining ­Sunderland, managed by former United defender, Steve Bruce, is the right ­career move.

I don't think he's as bad as some make out, but certainly nothing particularly special and nothing much better than we already have. The typical 'work in a Man Utd team but are shit elsewhere' player, like I'd expect John O'Shea and Wes Brown to be.

I don't think he's as bad as some make out, but certainly nothing particularly special and nothing much better than we already have. The typical 'work in a Man Utd team but are shit elsewhere' player, like I'd expect John O'Shea and Wes Brown to be.

Not even sure he makes it to that level tbh. He's certainly never been a first team semi-regular in the way that Fletcher, O'Shea, Brown etc have been. Just seems to get wheeled out for Carling Cup ties and Champions League group games after they've qualified.

Wouldn't touch him.

He's fucking woeful, man :lol:

Over the years there have been a lot of players at Man United who get labelled as shite when they're not simply because of the players around them - Nicky Butt, Phil Neville, Darren Fletcher, Michael Carrick, John O'Shea etc. but Darron Gibson is genuinely shocking. I really couldn't cope if I had to watch that daft twat spank the ball into row Z five or six times every game.

Can't see where Gibson would fit in ?

At Sunderland. They love their average midfielders.

Hand on heart I was speaking to the Birmingham fan (I say 'the' because I only know of one in real life) today and quizzed him over the Gardner deal and he said that he was baffled as to what Bruce is playing at. Gardner is basically a slightly more downmarket version of Gibson - both of them wallop the ball towards the goal if they get the slightest chance and break down loads of attacking moves doing so. He said he feared for Gyan next season because he'll never see the ball if they're going to play a midfield of both Gibson and Gardener :lol:

Then again he did say he thought Gardner would be a good addition to our team because he does Nolan's job ("Scores goals and...well, he scores goals" were his words).