NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roger Kint

They will need to replace him.

Well obviously however that wasnt even close to the point they were making. 

Pretty sure he was in the training photos, could have gone later I suppose.

Edit: is that the lad?:

Ice ice baby

Defo Routledge there. Who's no. 15? He's fooking massive.

Is it the Goslingator? With new shorter hair maybe.

Aye, looks like Dan Gosling.

has he got massiver?

Linked with Leicester a few weeks ago and Sunderland as recently as last night, albeit on a crappy Skirgetastic rumours website. Don't see why the Mackems would fancy another keeper.

Guest Big Al

What's the point?

To save money of course and in the same time to imitate some transfer action...

If those deals actually existed in modern football, i'd be happy to take a punt on a straight swap - based purely on the reports for McGugan. I already know that Routledge isn't up to much in this league. No risk situation seeing if this other chap is any good.

Guest Big Al

What's the point?

How would it save money?

In the form of not paying any money [if a straight swap as suggested], attracting a player and releasing one. Thus, no transfer fee, offsetting wages and showing the fans that they are working on new recruits. Outcome: Same numbers, no outlay.

So they can say that they've attracted a new body, but in fact it's a freebie [sort of]. Most probably, Rout's wages are higher than these of McWhatever guy.

What's the point?

How would it save money?

In the form of not paying any money [if a straight swap as suggested], attracting a player and releasing one. Thus, no transfer fee, offsetting wages and showing the fans that they are working on new recruits. Outcome: Same numbers, no outlay.

So they can say that they've attracted a new body, but in fact it's a freebie [sort of]. Most probably, Rout's wages are higher than these of McWhatever guy.

Our squad is nearly at it's capacity so to bring new players in we need to get rid of the likes of Routledge.

What's the point?

How would it save money?

But if the swap means that we've got a better squad, then we've moved forward. That's the important issue.

Do you want Ashley to spend money just to prove that he's willing to do so?

What's the point?

How would it save money?

But if the swap means that we've got a better squad, then we've moved forward. That's the important issue.

Do you want Ashley to spend money just to prove that he's willing to do so?

What a s*** question, honestly. Seen it many times - and it's obviously not about that. We have every opportunity to spend big and get our self some proper quality players now. It's not about spending money. It's about us needing to spend to get the really quality ones.

If we spent some serious money (on transfer fees) I think we'd get some fantastic players in. We're (now) not ones to waste a penny with transfers and can clearly negotiate very well so It'd be interesting to see who we could attract.

Some quotes from that Marco Pappa.

http://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2011/07/08/2566510/exclusiva-mercado-me-gustar%C3%ADa-más-jugar-en-españa-confiesa-marco-

Villarreal and Newcastle are two of the clubs to have made firm offers to take the talented midfielder, and Guatemala's number 16 has stated that La Liga would be his preference meaning the Yellow Submarine would be in pole position.

"For the quality of La Liga, I would prefer Spain, but I think any league in the world would be good for me. I hope it's not all rumours, but I will continue to work and take things step-by-step".