World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Chile should be a decent watch tonight. Bielsa should be credited for his very adventurous (but slightly suicidal) tactics.

They should be one of the more entertaining sides at the World Cup, some of their players are certainly worth looking out for, Alexis Sanchez and Matias Fernadez are particularly good.

Chile should be a decent watch tonight. Bielsa should be credited for his very adventurous (but slightly suicidal) tactics.

They should be one of the more entertaining sides at the World Cup, some of their players are certainly worth looking out for, Alexis Sanchez and Matias Fernadez are particularly good.

Aye I'm gonna give them a watch for a bit (longer if it's canny). Currently got an Alexis Sanchez sticker on my door so I reckon he'll do well.

Bam Bam to get all 26 in a comprehensive Chile victory, hopeful.

Aye I'm gonna give them a watch for a bit (longer if it's canny). Currently got an Alexis Sanchez sticker on my door so I reckon he'll do well.

Man, Zamorano.

I was only 8/9 when he left Inter, but I remember liking him so he's one of the main reasons when I really got into football about '03 I adopted Inter as my Italian team.

Chile missing alot of big players in this line-up. No Suazo, Sanchez, Fernandez, Vidal, Mark Gonzalez. I don't think they're all sure fire starters but I'd say they're some of their most talented players.

My man* Sanchez got 2.  :smitten:

But aye, last 2 were really good, especially the 3rd. As I say, Bielsa was going nuts before those goals and rightly so. The result papers over what was a poor performance but as you say, we'll see how they do with a full team starting.

Uruguay have impressed, going to win 4-1 against Israel. Abreu is 1 away from matching the international record.

*He's not actually my man but since he's on my bedroom door for reasons I'm not entirely sure of, he's getting my full support.

Goodness, Neil you must be in World Cup mode already. Spending all this time watching football. I genuinely cannot understand why someone would invest their time in watching Nigeria-Saudi or Chile-Zambia. The opportunity cost is simply too high for me, mehn. :lol:

I remember being so excited for all these friendlies when I was a child in '98 and '02, but now I'm really just hoping we can skip toward the last set of warmups and the actual finals.

Man, Zamorano.

I was only 8/9 when he left Inter, but I remember liking him so he's one of the main reasons when I really got into football about '03 I adopted Inter as my Italian team.

Aye he is a hero of mine too - hence the avatar. Remember him belting out the Chilean national anthem in France 98 and him and Salas destroying England the same year. Think when he was at Madrid it was the first shirt i ever got with a name on the back of it too when i were a nipper. Brilliant all round striker who if he'd moved probably would've very effective in the Premiership.

Keep your eyes peeled for a young Willem Dafoe lookalike too.

My man* Sanchez got 2.  :smitten:

But aye, last 2 were really good, especially the 3rd. As I say, Bielsa was going nuts before those goals and rightly so. The result papers over what was a poor performance but as you say, we'll see how they do with a full team starting.

Uruguay have impressed, going to win 4-1 against Israel. Abreu is 1 away from matching the international record.

*He's not actually my man but since he's on my bedroom door for reasons I'm not entirely sure of, he's getting my full support.

Can't imagine he'll keep that record for long with Forlan only being a few behind him and Suarez likely to have at least 10 years left at the top unless he gets injury problems. Hope Uruguay do well. Was in Montevideo when they qualified so they're my second team internationally as it was good to join in the celebrations plus it was suprisingly nice country with very friendly people.

Nacho played the whole game for Uruguay as well.

any good? I read he was in the preliminary squad. Seems to playing some low down club in the Greek league these days, Leviakos or something.

Nacho played the whole game for Uruguay as well.

any good? I read he was in the preliminary squad. Seems to playing some low down club in the Greek league these days, Leviakos or something.

I didn't see the game, no. He just caught my eye as one of the few Uruguayan players that played the full 90 mins.

I'm curious about him since the loan to Newcastle. Felt a bit exotic with a south-american playmaker. Wasn't to be though. :)

Got this song stuck in my head .

I don't think I've ever seen an entire crowd dance along like that before :lol: That's fucking ace :laugh:

Love the song too.

Man, Zamorano.

Aye he is a hero of mine too - hence the avatar. Remember him belting out the Chilean national anthem in France 98 and him and Salas destroying England the same year. Think when he was at Madrid it was the first shirt i ever got with a name on the back of it too when i were a nipper. Brilliant all round striker who if he'd moved probably would've very effective in the Premiership.

Wor Acuna in the lineup there  :headbang:

Got this song stuck in my head .

I don't think I've ever seen an entire crowd dance along like that before :lol: That's f***ing ace :laugh:

Love the song too.

Is this the official world cup song then? Personally I think it's great. See Coke have picked up on it already.

Is this the official world cup song then? Personally I think it's great. See Coke have picked up on it already.

It's not the offical World Cup song though. It's Coca Cola's offical World Cup Kick-Off song, and the main theme of the WC 10 game. If I'm not mistaken, Shakira is the one who's done the official song.