World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Walcott v SWP was the hardest decision for me to make this morning. Not surprised he's not going, though I suspect Arsenal fans to be blowing shit out of their arses in anger at this decision.

Johnson is much better if he is in instead.

I'd have him and Walcott there personally and sack off SWP who is a fucking joke of a player. Couldn't even get in the City team towards the end of the season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

"Rooney's last 10 England games with Heskey - 9 goals. Rooney's last 10 England games without Heskey - 2 goals."

So the burden is just pushed more onto Rooney if Heskey plays, great.

Do you not think its more likely that if Heskey plays, it means Rooney doesn't have to do too much work to create his own space/get the ball? Heskey is shite as a striker, but as a body on the field that can link up play, he's good at it. Even better, for whatever reason, Rooney and Heskey have a good understanding and combination working. The game against Japan Rooney was isolated, even with Bent next to him, and was getting pissed off at having to drop deep all the time.

Leaving Walcott out is a joke of a decision.

Why?

Johnson is a better option on the left.

Joe Cole is a better option off the bench.

Aaron Lennon has a better end product and equal pace.

SWP has the pace of Walcott, and perhaps a better end product.

Walcott is Mr. Pace, and when he can't be bothered he falls on the floor.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No Adam Johnson according to the Sun

Scottwilsonecho

Sounds like former #Boro boy Adam Johnson has missed out as well. Not a good day for the North-East. #England

That disappoints me, as he'd have been great option to switch tactics or attacking direction.

Crouch can do that job and is actually a goal threat, I'd rather two strikers up front capable of scoring rather than one with another just there to cause a nuisance. Which then means the midfield is relied on a lot more which is dodgy.

Would have Walcott off the bench over J Cole. SWP is shite.

Guest palnese

When is the full squad released?

pre 11pm today so probably sometime this afternoon.

:thup:

Crouch can do that job and is actually a goal threat, I'd rather two strikers up front capable of scoring rather than one with another just there to cause a nuisance. Which then means the midfield is relied on a lot more which is dodgy.

Would have Walcott off the bench over J Cole. SWP is shite.

I don't believe Crouch can do that job nearly as well as Heskey can. (I'd still pick Crouch in my side, but I don't buy that Heskey isn't a good option to have).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No Adam Johnson according to the Sun

:kinnear:

It gets worse. Does this mean Huddlestone or Parker is going?

Hope not! He's never International Level and we'll have to put up with 'England's Quarterback' comment from the commentators when he plays.

To the massive spackas who don't want Heskey in based solely on his goalscoring record: in case you were too busy researching statistics to watch any games, he's the only England striker to have formed anything like a decent partnership with Rooney. Even if you don't want him to start (which I can understand but disagree with for the time being) surely that has to confirm his value to the squad even if only as a plan b.

And for those who do love their stats...Rooney has 9 goals for England in the last 10 he's played with Heskey and 2 in the last 10 he's played without him.

Fwiw I'd take Bent too.

Guest neesy111

Fabio has bottled it, just going for players with experience ala SWP, Cole & Heskey

We need to take risks if we're gonna have any chance