World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Upson, James and SWP should thank their lucky stars. As should Heskey, who does Ok alongside Rooney but has been terrible recently.

Yes. I would have liked us to play 4-5-1 with Johnson and Lennon out wide simply because our strikers aren't good enough.

Capello really has bottled it big time. He's attempted to take the safe option by using the tried and tested but it's been done before.

We'll have the improvement of being tactically well drilled this time around but where's the plan B, who do we bring off the bench to change games? If the shit hits the fan what are we going to do, bring Crouch on and punt long balls up to him for the remiander of the game?

With Terry and Ferdinand having questionable seasons we need all the fire power we can get and for me Lampard and Rooney are the only players to fear in that final squad.

Capello really has bottled it big time.

He should of tried something different. We've take so many of these players to finals before and they've produced nothing. Take a gamble on the form players instead of sticking with the same old shit.

I bought into the "form over favourites" stuff from Capello, but he's just done the same as Sven. Fucking Heskey, SWP and Carrick in the squad is ridiculous. They've all had awful seasons. Adam Johnson would have been a better bet than SWP and is a genuine alternative to J Cole, who also has had a poor season.

Very disappointing.

If I were an England fan, these would be my feelings exactly.

Disappointed with Capello tbh, he really has gone for experience over form but I don't agree with it. Do we really need to see Emile Heskey at a third World Cup, doing what he always does, generally falling on his arse and providing no goal threat whatsoever?

I don't buy this "ignore the goal return, he's a great team player, if you can't see that, you're an idiot" - that's an absolute load of shite, it's an insult to someone like Teddy Sheringham who really was a great team player despite his low scoring rate at international level. I don't remember anyone ever complaining about his inclusion in an England squad on the basis of goals because he was an exceptionally talented footballer rather than a big fucking donkey. So many players we could have had in as a wildcard option up front if he didn't want Mackem Bent in there - Walcott, Agbonlahor, Carlton Cole, even Andy Carroll ffs.

SWP can fuck off too, the snidey cheating little cunt.

Disappointed with Capello tbh, he really has gone for experience over form but I don't agree with it. Do we really need to see Emile Heskey at a third World Cup, doing what he always does, generally falling on his arse and providing no goal threat whatsoever?

I don't buy this "ignore the goal return, he's a great team player, if you can't see that, you're an idiot" - that's an absolute load of s****, it's an insult to someone like Teddy Sheringham who really was a great team player despite his low scoring rate at international level. I don't remember anyone ever complaining about his inclusion in an England squad on the basis of goals because he was an exceptionally talented footballer rather than a big f***ing donkey. So many players we could have had in as a wildcard option up front if he didn't want Mackem Bent in there - Walcott, Agbonlahor, Carlton Cole, even Andy Carroll ffs.

SWP can f*** off too, the snidey cheating little c***.

:lol:

Perfectly summed up.

Dawson not getting a chance to play is pretty ridiculous. He was the best English centerback in the league last season.

Appalling player.

Doesn't change he fact he was great last season. I literally used to watch Tottenham games just to see him fuck up all the time, but last season he was as solid as they come. He was young before, he's proved that he's grown up and matured as a player, should've been given a chance.

Just did the Boylesports 1,000,000 Euro challenge. To name all the group winners and runner-ups, the 2nd round matches, the quarter finalists, the semi-finalists, the finalists and the winner.

Came up with Spain as winner, England knocked out in the Quarters.

None of the ones who got the elbow were going to be starters so I dont really care.

I'd have had Johnson wide left in the absence of anybody else.

Stevie G has played a stack of  games over there & done well. JC has played there & done well. Barry can play out there. Would not want to see Jimmy Milner or Warnock out there like. Also Johnson not going just adds more to Mackem misey of Bent not going.

Also, did I hear right: Kenny Sansom was advocating Warnock going ahead of Baines because Warnock has "youthful energy" (spot the glaring error), and then just ignored Baines' superior stats? :lol:

And no, I don't think Baines is England class. Should have been ahead of Warnock though.

Guest palnese

Hart

Johnson

Rio

Terry

Cole

Lennon

Lamps

Barry

Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

would be my starting XI.

None of the ones who got the elbow were going to be starters so I dont really care.

I'd have had Johnson wide left in the absence of anybody else.

Stevie G has played a stack of games over there & done well. JC has played there & done well. Barry can play out there. Would not want to see Jimmy Milner or Warnock out there like. Also Johnson not going just adds more to Mackem misey of Bent not going.

After Johnson kissed his Man City badge having just scored the winner at the SOS, I don't suppose that'll bother that mob too much.

I don't really want players who "can play out there" as part of an England first XI at a World Cup yet again, I'd have preferred a natural left footer/left winger - preferably one who's on form and not in the doldrums like Gerrard and Cole. Personally I'd have taken Ashley Young (not a left footer but certainly a left winger), even though he's not had a fantastic season like the year before, but Capello just plain doesn't fancy him.