World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

I love that I have to watch this on Telemundo.  GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Telemundo is the best. What apparently is great commentary and the dancing chicas they have out there for absolutely no reason.

Rossi SHOULD be there.

But then so should Cassano, Miccoli...

Has Miccoli been that good recently?

He used to flatter to deceive at times. I always liked him as a player though.

Rossi SHOULD be there.

Has Miccoli been that good recently?

He used to flatter to deceive at times. I always liked him as a player though.

19 goals and 8 assists in the league this season.

He's been superb, and almost carried Palermo into the Champions League.

Rossi SHOULD be there.

The kid is toxic & has never looked that good for Italy as far as I can remember.

He's a class above the players that are getting in there ahead of him. The likes of Iaquinta, Quagilarella, Simone Pepe have got absolutely nothing on him.

If anybody else was in charge of the national team he'd be there because to be fair last few seasons he's knuckled down and played some of the best football of his career, but at the end of the day Lippi has his favourites and just really doesn't like him.

Rossi SHOULD be there.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/536/rossis.jpg

:lol:...

Oh well.

:lol:

:fwap: tbh. How much of an asshole do you have to be to pose kicking a ball with the US flag. Love that he was cut. And fuck ESPN too!

Mexico tearing Italy a new hole in the back.

Mexico could well be the surprise package this summer.

And once again, all these Juve players in the Italy squad, jesus  :facepalm:

Yeah, beacause Inter have done so much over the last couple of seasons to promote the careers, ability and performance of Italian players. You can't really moan about Juve players when your own team plays with so few. I mean come on, in the CL final you had only THREE Italian players in the squad and none in the starting eleven, and two of those were 36 and 38 years old. You are like the Arsenal of Serie A.

My Dad is Italian and I will always support them second to England, but the fact is the squad just isn't of the same quality of the last 20 years. The players just aren't there to chose from, and with an old hand like Lippi in charge he is going to go for the players he knows and trusts even if they are looking a bit below par.

I still fully expect them to get out of the group stage and after that who knows. It's not beyond possibilities that they could get to the Semi-Finals.

Two most promising Italian players of the new generation are on Inter's books. Lippi wouldn't give either of them so much as a thought because his bias is unparralled. (Not I think he's wrong for giving Balotelli the boot like :lol:)

Btw, the goalscorer tonight also came through Inter's system.

Rossi SHOULD be there.

The kid is toxic & has never looked that good for Italy as far as I can remember.

He's a class above the players that are getting in there ahead of him. The likes of Iaquinta, Quagilarella, Simone Pepe have got absolutely nothing on him.

If anybody else was in charge of the national team he'd be there because to be fair last few seasons he's knuckled down and played some of the best football of his career, but at the end of the day Lippi has his favourites and just really doesn't like him.

He is a v.good domestic player only floated my boat in his Bari & early years at Roma.

Two most promising Italian players of the new generation are on Inter's books. Lippi wouldn't give either of them so much as a thought because his bias is unparralled. (Not I think he's wrong for giving Balotelli the boot like :lol:)

Btw, the goalscorer tonight also came through Inter's system.

Yeah, 1 start and 2 off the bench. And didn't they sign him as an 18 year old anyway, so he's hardly a product of their youth system. I don't really like Balotelli, I know he's a decent player but he just doesn't seem to have his head screwed on the right way round. I stand by my point though, Inter are hardly doing anything to help the production of the next generation of Italian players, and if they get Benitez it will only get worse.