World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Glen Johnson is a disaster waiting to happen at the world cup, he's barely a defender.

Who plays Left Mid for the US and/or Slovenia?

He is the weak link by a long way in the England set up. Truly awful defender, no suprise he played his best games of recent times at right mid.

Looked a soft pen, like. Having said that, wasn't great defending from Johnson.

Scary to think that's he's the best RB in the country.

2 words: Tony Hibbert.

Guest je85

Glen Johnson is a disaster waiting to happen at the world cup, he's barely a defender.

Who plays Left Mid for the US and/or Slovenia?

He is the weak link by a long way in the England set up. Truly awful defender, no suprise he played his best games of recent times at right mid.

Wouldn't surprise me if Clint Dempsey is put there to test him. No idea about Slovenia though.

Looked a soft pen, like. Having said that, wasn't great defending from Johnson.

Scary to think that's he's the best RB in the country.

2 words: Tony Hibbert.

Is it too late to call up Ben Shephard?  :D He plays better defensively than Johnson does.

By the end of this month I'm gonna be lying in bed hearing vuvuzelas

Unbearable. Are they gonna be blowing these damn things throughout the entire tournament?

Guest Stephen927

The result is important but it's all about getting used to the climate, spotting patterns with your team mates and getting through the game unscathed. Can't really take anything from this game, good to see it played at a decent tempo and both sides showing each other respect.

So is this King out of the USA game now he's played this week?

I'm sure he'll recover in 6 days.

I remember Harry said that he couldn't play the midweek games, if he played at the weekend.