World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Who'll partner Terry in defence for England with Rio out? King?

It seems nailed on.

I can't believe our luck. Normally we lack creativity in attack but have a strong defence, particularly the keeper and CBs. Now that we've got the best attacking unit in my memory, the defence is looking dodgy.

Alright! I think King will do well :)

(He bloody has to, hes in my World Cup 11 ;) )

I just wish he'd look a bit more confident when he's being interviewed. Perhaps he's a quiet character who doesn't like the limelight, but he does seem nervous.

He's barely played any international football over the last few years, and there's not been a lot of pressure of expectation on him at club level. I just hope he handles it okay.

Guest Roger Kint

Eugh, no need for afternoon games to be kicking off at 3 when they could easily kick off at 5. f***ing stupid.

Means i miss the last 20 mins of all early midweek games, can watch them at work til half 4. Bastards

I'll be watching all the weekday 3pm games about an hour behind as I have to get the kids from school at 3.30, so I'll V+ the games and watch as live from 4pm. The kids will have to wait for their dinner. Obviously the England game on Weds 23rd will be the exception to this rule.

Tim Cahill might be out as well, neck problem

Oh good lord.

I don't think it's 100% though, but he seemed to been caught by some neck problems during their game against USA.

Have only participated in one training since then and have complained about neck pains.

They are dropping like flies though, crazy really.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is some South African housewife with voodoo dolls having fun tbh

Just read an article saying he is a doubt for the opener against Germany which sucks, but it doesnt seem too serious. He is so crucial to us it isnt even funny.

Tim Cahill might be out as well, neck problem

Oh good lord.

I don't think it's 100% though, but he seemed to been caught by some neck problems during their game against USA.

Have only participated in one training since then and have complained about neck pains.

They are dropping like flies though, crazy really.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is some South African housewife with voodoo dolls having fun tbh

Just read an article saying he is a doubt for the opener against Germany which sucks, but it doesnt seem too serious. He is so crucial to us it isnt even funny.

He'll start against Germany. Nailed on.

Guest BooBoo

How confident are people that England will beat USA? I think it'll be a tough game and we'll just about labour to a 1 1 draw.

How confident are people that England will beat USA? I think it'll be a tough game and we'll just about labour to a 1 1 draw.

Extremely confident.

Their defence is f***ing shocking. The embarrassment of failing to beat a country that isn't even aware the World Cup is on would be too much  :undecided:

Guest BooBoo

I think they're a reasonably competent team and given that England are slow starters and going into a tournament with few big guns in anything resembling form, indicators to me suggest a low scoring draw.

I'm fairly confident we'll win all three group games without too much fuss, probably without letting in more than 2 goals. It's the knock-out stages I'm worried about, with the pressure on I can see us clamming up against anyone half decent and ballsing it up. Quarter's at least, semi's at best.