Hull City have already received relegation parachute payments?

DJ_NUFC

Guest Schmocky

This shouldnt be allowed if true, didnt pompy get denied when they asked for the parachute payment early when they got 9 points knocked off to help them pay off some of their creditors?

Reading the article it sounds as if they have a loan for the amount of the parachute payment not that they've actually received it from the Premier League yet.  If they go down that cash will be used to repay the loan, if they stay up they'll get that cash and more.

The money gets split equally between the rest of the championship clubs, I saw on FM.

fyp

No, they were actually discussing it somewhere. Read it on a football website, can't remember which one.

Crisis club Hull are going to ask their players to take a 40 per cent pay-cut in a desperate bid to save money and avoid administration. The Tigers were relegated to the Championship last week and are reportedly £35m in debt.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Exclusive-Crisis-club-Hull-will-ask-players-to-take-a-40-per-cent-pay-cut-in-a-bid-to-avoid-administration-article406771.html

The money gets split equally between the rest of the championship clubs, I saw on FM.

fyp

No, they were actually discussing it somewhere. Read it on a football website, can't remember which one.

Yeah, it's true.

Scunny get £6m.

fyp

Yeah, it's true.

Scunny get £6m.

If we needed points in our last game against QPR to go up rather than forest it would be in QPR's interest for us to go up then I suppose. 

I guess this explains our success all season.  Teams have just been deliberately losing so they can get the payment.