José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

^ Yep.

One thing is great though. It will be either City/Liverpool who win the league barring an unbelievable collapse on half of both teams, so this "Defend with 10 men" tactical masterclass have failed in the league this season, but hey, the genius Mourinho can brag about his "4 wins in 4 games against City/Liverpool" trophy.

To think parking the bus at Old Trafford may well be the difference between them winning or losing the League appeals to me. Negative bastard.

Kudos for him for the result, but the wankfest and this "Tactical Masterclass" stuff is absolutely baffling.

Did he include in his masterclass preparation that opposition captain will slip and gift them a goal? What is so mastery in camping with 8 players on edge of the box? Tactical Masterclass was Pep's Barca doing these 5-0 3 years ago. Tactical Masterclass was game 6 of Fischer-Spassky chess championship game, Tactical Masterclass was Klopp's 4-1 win over Madrid last year.

Anyways, the man gets result no matter how ugly. Credit to him. But I'd hate to watch the s*** he serves week after week. Jose to football, is what Ghenghis Khan was to human beings. Successful at conquering masses and adding land to its thing, but ultimately a forgettable prick. An absolute butcher of the beautiful game. Thankfully, he'll end up with zero titles for the second season in a row.

I don't disagree that I'd rather watch Klopp or Guardiola teams, but to dismiss what Jose does is just silly.

What's masterful is the level of organization in the back 4/6/8. The fact the CBs yesterday were Ivanovic and a kid making his PL debut, and it didn't matter one damn bit. The fact they sit back and somehow aren't under a constant barrage of great scoring chances. And, the most amazing thing to me is the fact that even though there are 6, 8, or more players sitting back, when the ball is cleared there always seems to be a Chelsea player getting possession. It's not the type of sitting back that invites wave after wave of pressure. It's calculated and controlled with outlets to effectively counter-attack, which is why it's successful for him so often. This isn't just dumb luck.

Guest Howaythetoon

Chelsea don't play poor football or negative football to be honest. To say they do shows a lack of understanding about the game. They play to win games. Mourinho isn't gung ho or throws caution to the wind yes, but he sends his sides out to win and more often than not they win, especially the big games and those that can really count like at Anfield yesterday. Chelsea play what I'd call effective structured football based on a system and tactics and every player playing to that paradigm. There is little room for free flowing football or players truly expressing themselves off the cuff, but then that's OK. There isn't a rule that states every team has to be all out attack or pass masters like Barca for example.

We are a poor football side, we play poor football. Mourinho and Chelsea are fucking light years ahead of what we serve up.

Chelsea don't play poor football or negative football to be honest. To say they do shows a lack of understanding about the game. They play to win games. Mourinho isn't gung ho or throws caution to the wind yes, but he sends his sides out to win and more often than not they win, especially the big games and those that can really count like at Anfield yesterday. Chelsea play what I'd call effective structured football based on a system and tactics and every player playing to that paradigm. There is little room for free flowing football or players truly expressing themselves off the cuff, but then that's OK. There isn't a rule that states every team has to be all out attack or pass masters like Barca for example.

We are a poor football side, we play poor football. Mourinho and Chelsea are fucking light years ahead of what we serve up.

:clap:

Guest bimpy474

Liverpool are just bitter that Jose didn't come out all guns blazing and let Liverpool beat them 4-2, i enjoyed every minute of it.

Liverpool have over achieved massively this season. There guaranteed a Champions League place next year. They've already killed it.

Can only imagine the kind of players they will bring in this summer now. It's going to be a lot worse for other fans before it gets better.

We are a poor football side, we play poor football. Mourinho and Chelsea are f***ing light years ahead of what we serve up.

So it's a lack of understanding of the game to suggest they play a negative football? You're off your tits again HTT. Jesus Christ. Not to diminish what he has done, but had he truly been this genius that many on here seem to think, he'd have run this league this year with his squad. I'm sorry but he has in my opinion undoubtedly the 2nd if not the best squad in the league. To play the football his team does is boring, negative and a piss to watch. It's effective, he's in the semi-finals of the CL, but it's still boooooring and negative as fuck. How anyone can deny that and yet say people who think that lack a knowledge of the game is embarrassing (which coming from you sometimes isn't a surprise).

Also, they should also be light-years ahead of us, but lets not forget they lost the title with losses to teams like us, Sunderland and Crystal Palace which have no advantage in any position. He's a very good manager, and he gets his players to cough blood for him, but let's not pretend he sends his team out to win every day, because just last week against Atletico he had no intention to win.

Guest Howaythetoon

Don't get me wrong I find Chelsea boring, but you do not win what Mourinho has won or his sides by playing poor negative football. He sets his sides up to win the game just as much as Rodgers does, but Mourinho is more pragmatic, more calculating, more tactical and more in control of his team and players which in many ways makes what he achieves even more remarkable because how they play and how they win is basically more down to their manager than their own ability or prowess.

Don't get me wrong I find Chelsea boring, but you do not win what Mourinho has won or his sides by playing poor negative football. He sets his sides up to win the game just as much as Rodgers does, but Mourinho is more pragmatic, more calculating, more tactical and more in control of his team and players which in many ways makes what he achieves even more remarkable because how they play and how they win is basically more down to their manager than their own ability or prowess.

I point to the game at Old Trafford again......sent his side with no intention of trying to win the game just content with a 0-0. He's a negative cunt.

Guest Howaythetoon

We are a poor football side, we play poor football. Mourinho and Chelsea are f***ing light years ahead of what we serve up.

So it's a lack of understanding of the game to suggest they play a negative football? You're off your tits again HTT. Jesus Christ. Not to diminish what he has done, but had he truly been this genius that many on here seem to think, he'd have run this league this year with his squad. I'm sorry but he has in my opinion undoubtedly the 2nd if not the best squad in the league. To play the football his team does is boring, negative and a p*ss to watch. It's effective, he's in the semi-finals of the CL, but it's still boooooring and negative as f***. How anyone can deny that and yet say people who think that lack a knowledge of the game is embarrassing (which coming from you sometimes isn't a surprise).

Also, they should also be light-years ahead of us, but lets not forget they lost the title with losses to teams like us, Sunderland and Crystal Palace which have no advantage in any position. He's a very good manager, and he gets his players to cough blood for him, but let's not pretend he sends his team out to win every day, because just last week against Atletico he had no intention to win.

Fuck off. We play negative football. We are a boring side. Mourinho goes for the win 90% of the time, if he didn't he wouldn't have won so many titles or matches. Just because a team doesn't attack at every opportunity or throw men forward willy nilly doesn't mean they are negative and boring. Mourinho negative!? :lol: Ant-football!? :lol:

Again its the likes of us that are negative and boring and anti-football. Where there is no movement, no pattern of play, no getting men forward, no real attacking intent. Chelsea set out to win games, it just doesn't come packaged in a gung-ho or expressive way like say Arsenal or Liverpool.

By the way, Mourinho's way is the riskiest way of them all because it is based around strength of mind, energy levels and each and every single player knowing their game and role 100% and performing to the task at hand at a level of 90% of more.

Liverpool are all about individuals, players expressing themselves, free flowing intuitive football. Football I prefer and love watching, but to say Chelsea are anti-football, negative or boring because they don't play like Liverpool is fucking dumb.

Like Disraeli to Rodgers' Gladstone.  Or sommat

He wins so many matches because he has had a blank cheque for a large par of his career and the majority of teams in the leagues are poor.

Against other top sides he's always been afraid to go for it.  Instead decides to be a cynical cunt who will suck the entire life and enjoyment out of the game, winding up the other team hoping to scrape chances.  But his first agenda is always not to concede, trying to win comes second in his priorities.

Guest Howaythetoon

He doesn't try to beat the top teams. It just happens by accident.

BmT0NwwCQAEsMMe.png

Winged it all the way man.

He's a big game manager that's for certain. Agree with HTT for the main part. He wins so few friends partly because when he actually goes for the win, it usually stops immediately once the game goes 2-0.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I actually admire his understanding of the psychology of sports. Going to City where most teams were getting trounced and winning the 3 points, completely outplaying Arsenal and crushing their title hopes, then yesterday beating Liverpool and casting doubt on their title aspirations. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea win it. He's got them in a  position he always wanted them to be seen throughout the season, that of the darkhorse. Yesterday he talked about securing 3rd place and beating all rivals but deep inside he knows there's still something to play for.

Weren't Liverpool a top-4 fixture most of his last stint here?

What's wrong with Man Utd and Arsenal in that list? Just conveniently ignoring them?

Arsenal who haven't won a trophy in almost a decade.  He did always manage to get the better of them and Wenger, though.

Weren't Liverpool a top-4 fixture most of his last stint here?

What's wrong with Man Utd and Arsenal in that list? Just conveniently ignoring them?

Arsenal who haven't won a trophy in almost a decade.  He did always manage to get the better of them and Wenger, though.

Clearly there's no convincing you. You're right. Jose doesn't win big games. Never has and never will. It's all blind luck.

So it's a lack of understanding of the game to suggest they play a negative football? You're off your tits again HTT. Jesus Christ. Not to diminish what he has done, but had he truly been this genius that many on here seem to think, he'd have run this league this year with his squad. I'm sorry but he has in my opinion undoubtedly the 2nd if not the best squad in the league. To play the football his team does is boring, negative and a p*ss to watch. It's effective, he's in the semi-finals of the CL, but it's still boooooring and negative as f***. How anyone can deny that and yet say people who think that lack a knowledge of the game is embarrassing (which coming from you sometimes isn't a surprise).

f*** off. We play negative football. We are a boring side. Mourinho goes for the win 90% of the time, if he didn't he wouldn't have won so many titles or matches. Just because a team doesn't attack at every opportunity or throw men forward willy nilly doesn't mean they are negative and boring. Mourinho negative!? :lol: Ant-football!? :lol:

Again its the likes of us that are negative and boring and anti-football. Where there is no movement, no pattern of play, no getting men forward, no real attacking intent. Chelsea set out to win games, it just doesn't come packaged in a gung-ho or expressive way like say Arsenal or Liverpool.

Don't disagree with the second part, but we clearly have different definitions of boring and negative. A team that relies on counter-attack and never take any substantial offensive risks is my definition of boring and negative. Never called them anti-football as that is something else in my opinion. But if you enjoy watching them then fair enough, I can't stand their football.