José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His antics are part of what creates the winning mentality. If Mourinho stopped being Mourinho then he wouldn't be as good a manager.

So if he didn't eye gouge Tito Vilanova he'd be a worse manager?

I wonder what Mourinho's first 11 would be with our current team.

Ben Arfa wouldn't play under him either, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sissoko and Gouffran ended up wide for him too.

It probably wouldn't be too dissimilar to Pardew's team to be hones though we would certainly always have a 4-3-3.

Ultimately though we'd never look so devoid of belief and confidence, and be such pushovers.

I love him. Crazy b****** at times, but he wins. Which, at the end of the day, is the most important thing.

Pardew sits 9th with this team. We should all love him as well. Because he's doing a good job in terms of results :p

:lol: come on, Flip. You're better than that.

He really isn't.  :lol:

:okay:

Luca talking football pretending he knows what offside is.

Ben Arfa wouldn't play under him either, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sissoko and Gouffran ended up wide for him too.

It probably wouldn't be too dissimilar to Pardew's team to be hones though we would certainly always have a 4-3-3.

Ultimately though we'd never look so devoid of belief and confidence, and be such pushovers.

Are you on crack?

Mourinho would fucking love HBA, look what he's done with Hazard, Oscar, Schurle, etc., he loves making these attacking midfielders to do the job of a striker.

Again, this kind of speculation is getting ridiculous, who Mourinho would play or not, as if you know his interior workings and can point to empirical data where he's frozen out a talent like HBA on a regular basis.

While I don't see the point is of Kaka's post, I don't agree that he makes his attacking midfielders do the job of a striker. Seriously, what are you on about? Job of a striker in what way?

Are you on crack?

Mourinho would f***ing love HBA, look what he's done with Hazard, Oscar, Schurle, etc., he loves making these attacking midfielders to do the job of a striker.

Again, this kind of speculation is getting ridiculous, who Mourinho would play or not, as if you know his interior workings and can point to empirical data where he's frozen out a talent like HBA on a regular basis.

I see Ben Arfa as more of a Robben or Mata, when it comes to getting up and down the pitch.

Hazard, Schurrle and Willian are fantastic athletes and get up and down the pitch much more effectively.

Was just wondering. Wasn't meant to be a definitive piece of analysis!

While I don't see the point is of Kaka's post, I don't agree that he makes his attacking midfielders do the job of a striker. Seriously, what are you on about? Job of a striker in what way?

A modern striker running with the ball from midfield and scoring on a regular basis. I mean, right now it seems like he's doing this simply because he hates the strikers he currently has on his books :lol:

His antics are part of what creates the winning mentality. If Mourinho stopped being Mourinho then he wouldn't be as good a manager.

So if he didn't eye gouge Tito Vilanova he'd be a worse manager?

That's exactly what I'm saying, yes. Which is also why he chinned SAF and punched Leonardo in the nuts.

Pretend you've got a little common sense for a minute, would you?

Are you on crack?

Mourinho would f***ing love HBA, look what he's done with Hazard, Oscar, Schurle, etc., he loves making these attacking midfielders to do the job of a striker.

I see Ben Arfa as more of a Robben or Mata, when it comes to getting up and down the pitch.

Hazard, Schurrle and Willian are fantastic athletes and get up and down the pitch much more effectively.

It wasn't meant to be a

I see what you mean.

And I agree about self belief. He'd probably make some of our players think they're unbeatable.

Unlike our current incumbent who makes them think they've lost the game 0-4 already before kickoff.

He would play Ben Arfa because he isn't a fucking idiot and there's never been any suggestion what so ever from any club he's been at that he cannot or will not play flair players.

He obviously prefers his midfielders and attackers to work, but he isn't going to push his best player out into the cold in favour of utter dross like Pardew has repeatedly done.

A modern striker running with the ball from midfield and scoring on a regular basis. I mean, right now it seems like he's doing this simply because he hates the strikers he currently has on his books :lol:

Can't say I agree with what you are saying. If you are telling me that's the job of the modern striker then I must've completely missed football over the last decade or so.

Hazard, Oscar and Willian do couple of things better than others, and it's not that they do the job of a striker. All three players have an immense ability to put pressure and work up and down the pitch defensively a part from all being technically excellent players. In a team that lacks a prolific striker you'll always have midfielders who must score. That doesn't mean they do the job of their striker though, they're doing their job as midfielders and in Mourinho setup the job of his type of attacking midfielders, if he wanted a winger to operate as a striker I could see him starting Schurrle infront of Willian and Oscar, two players that don't score much but are vital to their system.

Are you on crack?

It wasn't meant to be a

I see what you mean.

And I agree about self belief. He'd probably make some of our players think they're unbeatable.

Unlike our current incumbent who makes them think they've lost the game 0-4 already before kickoff.

Yeah, I wasn't knocking Mourinho in that post.

I was just thinking who he'd play from our current lot, and the team may not be far off.

However, we'd actually perform during matches, even if it wasn't pretty.

Pardew sets up in this supposedly tough to beat way, but we get hammered and just look so feeble.

He would play Ben Arfa because he isn't a f***ing idiot and there's never been any suggestion what so ever from any club he's been at that he cannot or will not play flair players.

He obviously prefers his midfielders and attackers to work, but he isn't going to push his best player out into the cold in favour of utter dross like Pardew has repeatedly done.

Have to agree here :thup:

Can't say I agree with what you are saying. If you are telling me that's the job of the modern striker then I must've completely missed football over the last decade or so.

Hazard, Oscar and Willian do couple of things better than others, and it's not that they do the job of a striker. All three players have an immense ability to put pressure and work up and down the pitch defensively a part from all being technically excellent players. In a team that lacks a prolific striker you'll always have midfielders who must score. That doesn't mean they do the job of their striker though, they're doing their job as midfielders and in Mourinho setup the job of his type of attacking midfielders, if he wanted a winger to operate as a striker I could see him starting Schurrle infront of Willian and Oscar, two players that don't score much but are vital to their system.

Well you can be a pedant and hang on to the word 'striker' as if it only means a Sam Allardyce-Carlton-Cole kind carthorse, or you can see how little he's trusted his strikers this year and relied solely on his attacking midfielders to get the goals for him.

Apologies for using the word 'striker' in this parlance, maybe I should've said 'main goalscorer.'

Kaka, DJ_Nufc and Mole have a tendency to create 200gaps between each sentence. :lol: Can't let that enter-button go can you guys.

:lol: :lol: does my fucking head in.

You mean creating new paragraphs?

Like this?

Guest Spark

The amount of vitriol here against Mourinho is unreal.

Man's a fucking genius, is incredible at what he does, and his achievements speak for himself, and will go down in history as one of the greatest managers to have ever lived.

Yes, he's a cunt 90% of the time, I feel mostly it's an act to protect his own players and instill a victimized belief system which makes them do anything he asks of them. And he makes his teams believe they can achieve anything, and more often than not, they actually do. Aside from Real, many of the players he's relied upon absolutely worship him, including Lampard, Eto'o, etc.

His kind of attitude was never going to succeed at Real. For all of Liverpool's gesticulating about being a 'special club,' Real actually is one. And it's difficult for them to embrace fucking anyone, let alone an authoritarian figure who doesn't go out to thrash teams 10-0.

You admit he's a cunt 90% of the time, yet berate others for spouting vitriol against him? You don't have to be a cunt to be a good manager. I used to like him but he's taken his 'act' way too far now.