José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Awful job by Mourinho this season. Fact.

:lol: nah

Yeah, first season back, Champions' League semi-final and still in the title race with a few games to go. Fucking disaster, like.

Not won anything or looked like winning anything with one of the most expensive squads in the world.

See Rodgers' first season at Liverpool.

:lol: :lol:

Disgrace that Chelsea spend so much on players to have them used as barricades. The man does get results though, but it's quite ridiculous.

Not surprising that they have been susceptible to losing to minnows this season, as these are games they have to take the initiative, and they struggle with this.

You might enjoy reading this:

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/04/23/in-defense-of-jose-mourinho-for-chelseas-tactics-against-atletico-madrid/

Having said that, calling Mourinho’s Chelsea displays anti-football has become a lazy and shallow platitude in and of itself. In the age of information, every football result in the world is at your fingertips. However, searching Google and perusing through social media is a vapidly shallow way to analyze a sport as intricate as soccer. For example, I cannot count the number of times I’ve seen Chelsea catch flack this season for only managing to score a single goal. It is simply easier to hop on the social media bandwagon and make a joke about their “negative tactics” than it is to view the match in full. Were people to do that, they’d realize that such low score lines have been born out of poor finishing and not cautiously defensive tactics. Don’t believe me? Another little factoid for you…

Chelsea has the highest shots per game average in the Premier League at 18.

Despite that stat, they are continually maligned for being negative and boring. The old adage “don’t let the truth stand in the way of a good story” is certainly alive and well with modern football supporters. Let’s also ignore the fact Chelsea has scored beaten their top rivals while scoring 2 vs. Liverpool, 3 vs. United, 2 vs. City, 6 vs. Arsenal and 4 vs. Spurs.

"A factoid is a questionable or spurious (unverified, false, or fabricated) statement presented as a fact, but without supporting evidence." :D

Love it when he gets beat, have to say. Thought he gambled too early with the sub today, they had ages to get the goals.

He does that quite a lot though. It can look reckless when he gets it wrong like today, but at least he's trying to change things up before it's too late. Better than sending on a defender to protect a 3-0 defeat.

Would like a reset of this poll to be honest. Seems like everybody hates him now but that poll would suggest otherwise.

Typical of this forum really, the media are slagging him a bit more so people jump on the bandwagon, see the forum Pardew apologists just before the local press got a hold of him and now.

2 trophies out of a possible 14 available in the last 4 years. £272,440,000 spent in that time.

(lifted 'fact' from elsewhere so it might not be true.)

It's almost as if there are other really good clubs in the world, who also spend assloads of money.

Mourinho's tactics hugely relies on a quality defensive midfielder, and that's why he splashed out 30m to bring back Matic.  He was a big miss last night as you can see how s*** Luiz and Ramires were in that position.  I believe he would bring in another one in the summer instead of just going for Diego Costa.

And for this reason I do think it is a "transition" period for Chelsea. Jose did make it worse by fucking off Mata though.

Bullshit.

Surely for Mourinho to have done an "awful" job Chelsea would have had to move backwards from last season?

I can't see how you could argue that point when they have done better in the Premier League and Champions League.

Disappointing - Yes

Personified dickhead? - Yes

Awful? - No

2 trophies out of a possible 14 available in the last 4 years. £272,440,000 spent in that time.

It's almost as if there are other really good clubs in the world, who also spend assloads of money.

Give over, man. He's managed 2 of the 3 cash richest clubs in the world in that period.

Surely for Mourinho to have done an "awful" job Chelsea would have had to move backwards from last season?

They have, though. Last season they finished 3rd and won the Europa League with a manager none of their cuntish fans wanted.

I don't think he's done an awful job, just a poor one, fwiw.

They have, though. Last season they finished 3rd and won the Europa League with a manager none of their cuntish fans wanted.

Wait a minute. You think going to semi finals in Champions League is an achievement worse than winning the Europa League?

Or it is a wind up?

Give over, man. He's managed 2 of the 3 cash richest clubs in the world in that period.

You'd have a point if he were only qualifying for the Europa or something. He'll win the league again with Chelsea, eventually, while doing no worse than the semis in the CL. And probably win a domestic cup here or there.

Wait a minute. You think going to semi finals in Champions League is an achievement worse than winning the Europa League?

Or it is a wind up?

Ronaldo was claiming that during Mourinhos first season with Madrid as well.

Apparently finishing runner up in the La Liga, winning the Copa Del Rey and losing in the Champions League semi finals was a step backwards from finishing runner up in the La Liga, getting knocked out 4-1 by a 3rd division team in the Copa Del Rey and getting knocked out in the Round of 16 by Lyon in the Champions League.

Or it is a wind up?

What would you prefer? :lol:

They're not progressed one bit this season.

:lol: I prefer Semi Finals in Champions League to be honest :lol:

Especially they got the Europa League after shamefully crashed out in group stage of Champions League :lol:

Nah I agree that Jose didn't have a good season and another one like this may call the end of his 2nd reign in Chelsea

But to say it is poor is a bit harsh imo.  Personnel-wise Chelsea isn't good enough and doesn't fit Jose's tactics well.

Or it is a wind up?

Apparently finishing runner up in the La Liga, winning the Copa Del Rey and losing in the Champions League semi finals was a step backwards from finishing runner up in the La Liga, getting knocked out 4-1 by a 3rd division team in the Copa Del Rey and getting knocked out in the Round of 16 by Lyon in the Champions League.

Well, no, none of that's remotely true, but I'll play along.

I think all I ever said after Mourinho's first, underwhelming, season at Real is that they were far more watchable, and accumulated more points in the league with Pellegrini and the swap was a daft decision. It was, by the way.

Anyway, Real have the best of the best managing them now while Mourinho's finishing 3rd with Chelsea and bitching about referees hurting them by audaciously giving penalties to the opposition. Things are as they should be.

Or it is a wind up?

What would you prefer? :lol:

They're not progressed one bit this season.

So you're essentially marking Mourinho down for not finishing 3rd in his Champions League group?

Or it is a wind up?

I think all I ever said after Mourinho's first, underwhelming, season at Real is that they were far more watchable, and accumulated more points in the league with Pellegrini and the swap was a daft decision. It was, by the way.

Anyway, Real have the best of the best managing them now while Mourinho's finishing 3rd with Chelsea and bitching about referees hurting them by audaciously giving penalties to the opposition. Things are as they should be.

I am suprised you don't like Mourinho Ronaldo.

Seems like he is cut from the same pompous cloth you are.

In fact, I can't envision anyone on the planet that matches Mourinho's bloated self-importance and warped sense of reality as well as yourself.

Or it is a wind up?

In fact, I can't envision anyone on the planet that matches Mourinho's bloated self-importance and warped sense of reality as well as yourself.

I think what angers Ronaldo is that Mourinho gets lauded for it while people just call him out on it.

Or it is a wind up?

I think what angers Ronaldo is that Mourinho gets lauded for it while people just call him out on it.

Because Mourinho has other things he contributes.