Best England XI in your lifetime

James

What in your opinion is the best England XI made out of players that played in your lifetime?

So for instance I was born in 1985, so:

Seaman

Neville Walker Ferdinand Cole

Beckham Scholes Gascoigne

Beardsley

Shearer Rooney

Would win the World Cup that team especially with Robson as manager.

Seaman

G.Neville  Adams  Ferdinand  A.Cole

Beckham  Ince    Gascoigne  Waddle 

Rooney Shearer

Rooney over Owen? I know we all hate him but at his best Owen was sensational for England. In major tournaments and at knock out stages as well.

Not really to be honest. Promise, but no fulfilment.

Since 1990 for me:

Shilton

Neville  Rio  Adams   Cole

Beckham Robson Gazza Rooney

Shearer Lineker

Carson

Young   P.Neville   Powell   Konchesky

Salako   Seth Johnson   Alan Smith(our one)  Guppy

Nugent   Ricketts

Lolz.

In all seriousness, we've had some seriously shit England teams inbetween some golden years.

Nigel Clough  :kinnear:

Geoff Thomas  :kinnear:

Carlton Palmer  :kinnear:

Neil Webb  :kinnear:

Carson

Nugent   Ricketts

Lolz.

I'm fucking bored!

Since 1990 for me:

Shilton

Shearer Lineker

Robson definitely shouldn't be in a post 1990 team. Possibly not Lineker or Shilton either depending on the month of your birth.

Carson

Nugent   Ricketts

Lolz.

In all seriosness, we've had some seriously shit England teams inbetween some golden years.

Nigel Clough  :kinnear:

Geoff Thomas  :kinnear:

Carlton Palmer  :kinnear:

Neil Webb  :kinnear:

John Terry :kinnear:

Guest Stephen927

To be honest, I've just been watching clips from Euro 96 and Italia 90 and realising how s*** the current England team is technically in comparison.

In comparison yes but we still have a lot of technically gifted players in the squad these days.

Since 1990 for me:

Shilton

Shearer Lineker

Robson definitely shouldn't be in a post 1990 team. Possibly not Lineker or Shilton either depending on the month of your birth.

May 1990 so at least Lineker and Shilton are allowed.

To be honest, I've just been watching clips from Euro 96 and Italia 90 and realising how s*** the current England team is technically in comparison.

In comparison yes but we still have a lot of technically gifted players in the squad these days.

Only Ferdinand, the Coles, Beckham and Rooney stand up in comparison. Lampard is technically very good at playing the ball, but below the level you'd expect at bringing it under control and that will cost England again probably as it has done in the past.

Bryan Robson played under Graham Taylor so I'm sure he'll played after Italia 90.

He'd lost it by then though hadn't he and played his last gamein 91. 86 always seemed to be his peak.

Bryan Robson played under Graham Taylor so I'm sure he'll played after Italia 90.

He'd lost it by then though hadn't he and played his last gamein 91. 86 always seemed to be his peak.

So, what you saying? You can choose any player who's played for England since you've been born but they would only play at the level they were at when you were alive?

Weird.

So, what you saying? You can choose any player who's played for England since you've been born but they would only play at the level they were at when you were alive?

Weird.

Your lifetime generally means players that you lived to see. Was QBG around to see Robson in his pomp? No. Neither was I

Weird.

Your lifetime generally means players that you lived to see. Was QBG around to see Robson in his pomp? No. Neither was I

Did you actually see Walker in his pomp?