Best England XI in your lifetime

James

Seaman

Neville Ferdinand Campbell Cole

Gascoigne Ince Scholes

Rooney Shearer

fuck it, can't think of a left sided attacker, sticking with 10 men.

Scott Carson

Earl Barrett          Zat Knight        Colin Cooper       Andy Hinchcliffe

Tony Daley       Carlton Palmer     Seth Johnson        Steve Guppy

David Hirst       Michael Ricketts

SUBS: Ian Walker, Chris Powell, Steve Howey, Alan Thompson, Nick Barmby, Franny Jeffers, Stan Collymore

You want Franny Jeffers & Nugent upfront - guarenteed goals. 100% records the pair.

Scott Carson

Earl Barrett          Zat Knight        Colin Cooper       Andy Hinchcliffe

Tony Daley       Carlton Palmer     Seth Johnson        Steve Guppy

David Hirst       Michael Ricketts

SUBS: Ian Walker, Chris Powell, Steve Howey, Alan Thompson, Nick Barmby, Franny Jeffers, Stan Collymore

Need to think of a list of the worst Spanish players to get capped mmmm...

Contreras

Otero    Unai    Marcelino   Sánchez Jara

Paz   Celades    José Ignacio    Cembranos

Juanele   Javi Moreno

Subs: Ricardo, Villarroya, Velasco, Téllez, Tomás, Aldana, Tiko, Chano, Marcos Vales, Ezquerro, Oli, Arizmendi

Would be surprised if you know anybody apart from Marcelino (I'm sorry) and maybe Celades and Javi Moreno (played for Bolton... and AC Milan  :lol:).

Guest palnese

I actually think Scholes played his best football after he left the England set up. He's a great player, but I don't think we saw the best of him in an England shirt.

He played a lot on the left, didn't he?

Pointless.

I actually think Scholes played his best football after he left the England set up. He's a great player, but I don't think we saw the best of him in an England shirt.

He played a lot on the left, didn't he?

Pointless.

I think in the later stages of his England career, with the emergence of Lampard and Gerrard, yes he did get pushed out wide, which as you say is pointless and probably led to his quitting the set-up.

Earlier on, I seem to remember he did get plenty of chances down the middle. He was good, but in recent seasons there's been an air of authority and calmness about his play that wasn't quite there before.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he'd accepted Capello's offer to return to the squad. For me, there's still a strong sense of unfulfilled promise about Scholes's England career.

Might as well have a go at this.

Seaman

Neville Ferdinand Campbell Cole

Beckham Ince Scholes Cole

Shearer Rooney

Don't know if it would work though. And I can't help but think it's shit.

He played his best football for Man Utd around 2003 time, when he was still playing for England.

I still think he's the best midfielder we've had since Gazza as well.

Scholes was finished as an international player long before he packed it in, in part due to being the one messed around in terms of where he played.

He seemed to be the one that was shifted out wide because of his lack of a personality if you will. The tactics under Sven didn't help him one bit either, we played far too much long ball football and as he was comfortably our best player in position of a ball he wasn't utilised correctly at all.