The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Some very nice prices to build up a little acca today. Man City, Spurs, Stoke, Arsenal (tomorrow) and Man Utd are all tempting. West Brom if people want to be risky too although I reckon they could blow Blackburn away at The Hawthorns.

I highly doubt all the games will go to plan like, seems too good to be true. It's about picking the ones that won't spectacularly blow up in your face.

Spurs -1 looks tempting, as does Spurs -2, -3, -4.... :(

Only let me put 14 on.

Man City  @ 4/9

Stoke  @ 10/11

Sunderland  @ 8/13

Tottenham  @ 8/15

West Brom  @ 4/5

Everton  @ 11/10

Man Utd  @ 1/2

Draw  @ 9/4

Burnley  @ 4/7

Draw  @ 9/4

Leeds  @ 10/11

Draw  @ 9/4

Norwich  @ 4/5

Maccabi Tzur Shalom Women  @ 1/4

Guest marky555

City to win both halves

Mackems to win to nil

Spurs to score in both halves

Everton & West Ham both to score

Four folds - 34/1

I'm pretty thick when it comes to betting, but would appreciate any help here. Does anyone understand how BetFair's system works?

Odds for backing Man City to win the Premiership are 12 (decimal), but the Lay is at 12.5. So if I put £10 on Man City to not win the Premiership I'd see a return of 12.5 x £10? That can't be right.

Also the other night I put £4 on a Lay bet for Villa not to win vs Spurs. The bet was matched at odds of 3.55, so I should have seen 3.55 x £4 put in my account after Spurs won. Instead I only won £4 on top of my stake. Wtf? I don't understand this Lay payout system at all.

I'm pretty thick when it comes to betting, but would appreciate any help here. Does anyone understand how BetFair's system works?

Odds for backing Man City to win the Premiership are 12 (decimal), but the Lay is at 12.5. So if I put £10 on Man City to not win the Premiership I'd see a return of 12.5 x £10? That can't be right.

Also the other night I put £4 on a Lay bet for Villa not to win vs Spurs. The bet was matched at odds of 3.55, so I should have seen 3.55 x £4 put in my account after Spurs won. Instead I only won £4 on top of my stake. Wtf? I don't understand this Lay payout system at all.

Basically your the bookie, so your offering odds of 3.5 to someone else, and willing to take a bet of £4 from someone. So if you lost you would have had to payout 3.5 x 4, but you won so you take their bet of £4.