The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Guest tommykay

James McQuillan just said on twitter to stick your house on Jan Vermeer at The Derby. Any advice/contradictions?

Is only 2/1 because of the trainer imo who isnt having a great season, its probly worth a bet won nicely last time out but it was agaisnt poorer horses and there will certainly be a better 2/1 shot in another race. I think Hot Prospect is a cracking price 66/1 well worth a ew bet.

I'm disappointed Brazil are playing fairly pointless friendlies football-wise in the shape of Zimbabwe and Tanzania. Would have liked to have seen them up against a bunch of players resembling a half-decent team.

Can't help but feel they'll do it though, perhaps more down to gut instinct than anything. I think Dunga's got them all singing from the same hymn sheet. I hope they don't rely on Kaka too much.

Guest Supersylt

I`m considering a bet. NordicBet give you 6.50 for England to be knocked out in the 1/4 final.

My thoughts. England will cruise through the group stage. They will probably meet Serbia or Ghana in the round of 16 and I expect them to win that match.

Opponents in the 1/4 final. Even though France doesn`t have a very good team this World Cup I hold them as favourites to win their group, and they will probably meet Nigeria, Korea or Greece in the next round, all of them teams they should beat.

So if my predictions is right, England will meet France in the quarter final. If they meet I will predict England to win, but anyway I find good value in 6.50 for them to loose against France, or any opponent they will be up against in a quarter final.

Any thoughts?

12/1 that Wigan finish bottom next season.

7/2 that West Brom do.

8/1 that a team scores 103+ goals next season - dependent on who Chelsea sign, that may be worth a few quid too.

On bwin if you take loads of bets that should happen in one group you can amount some decent odds.

For example take

Group C

England Group winner

England and USA to qualify

1st. England 2nd. USA

Will England Qualify for the second round YES

Will USA Qualify for the second round YES

Will Algeria Qualify for the second round No

Will Slovenia Qualify for the second round No

All these bets are available separately, get them all on an accy and it amounts to about 12/1 surely worth a tenner?

Then get a bit more risky add

Algeria to finish bottom

Final Group standings England/USA/Slovenia/Algeria

That will take it up to 75/1

I'm definitely getting a tenner on the 12/1

No add the 7 bets at the top along with Algeria finishing bottom and the group standings and it goes up to 75/1

I'm getting a fiver on that.

The world cup will be the breaking of me.