The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

For the hell of it I've got Atletico Goianiense, Fluminese, and Sao Paulo -1, I really should walk away from betting but fuck it, keeps me entertained for a couple of hours at a time. Cheaper than what I'd spend on beer in 2 hours if I headed down the pub!

Oh, wormy. You sound just like me. Take that as a warning.

For the hell of it I've got Atletico Goianiense, Fluminese, and Sao Paulo -1, I really should walk away from betting but f*** it, keeps me entertained for a couple of hours at a time. Cheaper than what I'd spend on beer in 2 hours if I headed down the pub!

I reckon Gremio might nick it like.

For the hell of it I've got Atletico Goianiense, Fluminese, and Sao Paulo -1, I really should walk away from betting but fuck it, keeps me entertained for a couple of hours at a time. Cheaper than what I'd spend on beer in 2 hours if I headed down the pub!

Oh, wormy. You sound just like me. Take that as a warning.

I know I'll get too deep into it, I just like to rationalise it in my own head.

The thing is I can see that I'm not really in it for the money, I'm betting on Brazilian games I have no clue about and I'm doing 5 folds every cup night :lol: It's boring if I bet on easy stuff, this interests me more. Even if ultimately it pisses me off more at the end!

Thing is though, betting is ultimately about profit. Bigger stakes, less odds, and you'll win more often. Much more often. It sounds so obvious yet many people, including myself, and seemingly you too, just ignore this, and just go for audacious 6 folds and shit. Greed's a bad thing.

Thing is though, betting is ultimately about profit. Bigger stakes, less odds, and you'll win more often. Much more often. It sounds so obvious yet many people, including myself, and seemingly you too, just ignore this, and just go for audacious 6 folds and s***. Greed's a bad thing.

:sadnod:

In fact, alot of the time it can be that 'oh i'll add them as well to boost the odds, they'll win' team that is the only one that doesn't come off.

You're basically just hoping that everything goes to form.

Thing is though, betting is ultimately about profit. Bigger stakes, less odds, and you'll win more often. Much more often. It sounds so obvious yet many people, including myself, and seemingly you too, just ignore this, and just go for audacious 6 folds and s***. Greed's a bad thing.

In fact, alot of the time it can be that 'oh i'll add them as well to boost the odds, they'll win' team that is the only one that doesn't come off.

Yep, that's pretty much what happens. I just don't really have the money/balls to be going betting £50, £100 or so on stuff. If I did, I would have for example stuck a load on Arsenal last night because I had that unequivocal feeling of "they will definitely, definitely win." But meh, that's betting for you!

Yep, that's pretty much what happens. I just don't really have the money/balls to be going betting £50, £100 or so on stuff. If I did, I would have for example stuck a load on Arsenal last night because I had that unequivocal feeling of "they will definitely, definitely win." But meh, that's betting for you!

It's all dependent on how much cash you have.

I was so close to sticking a load on Newcastle to beat WHU, over 2.5 goals @ 4/1 but chickened out. It's always afterwards that you think 'fucks sake :angry: '

On another note, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and stick some on 1-1 for the derby. Thought it'll be that all week and unless one side gets 6 injuries suddenly, I can't see me changing my mind.

Yeahh, luckily with my shit memory I don't remember things I'm close to sticking a bet on but don't, so that doesn't eat at me. Pissed me off how close I've been with my 3 biggest bets so far though :(

Guest Geordiesned

Middlesbrough

Barnsley

Exeter

£7 returns £66

Arsenal

Everton

QPR

Cardiff

Huddersfield

Acc Stanley

£1 returns £17