The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Put £15 I won on Uruguay winning the pens on Spain to win

and £2.5 on Germany to win. Confident the Krauts will win, so put the £7.5 i'll get on them to score the second goal.

£80 on Rosenborg -1

Ouch. Nearly included them to win but with a few of their players (well I know of one, that was enough :lol:) at the World Cup, I decided against it. Obviously they did but it would have shredded my nerves.

£80 on Rosenborg -1

Ouch. Nearly included them to win but with a few of their players (well I know of one, that was enough :lol:) at the World Cup, I decided against it. Obviously they did but it would have shredded my nerves.

It was blatantly just 'cause I bet on them -1 didn't come in tbh. :lol: I mean, they went 1-0 up around the 85th minute, and the opponents go all out attack leading to Rosenborg being clear through with two of their players against the keeper without any Sandefjord players around, and then the fucker decides "Hey, I'm just gonna try to do circle turn around the keeper rather than slotting it into the practically open goal, lolz."

:angry:

Right, the Norwegian season is starting up again after the WC break, so here's my take on the matches for the ones that's interested. Keep in mind the league status quo tends to get mixed up after the summer break, so I'd not advise putting too large sums before we're three-four matches into the fall season as upsets are more likely after a months break. :thup:

Odds are from Unibet at the time this is posted.

5pm Kick-Offs:

Haugesund - Start

1.90 - 3.55 3.75

Haugesund are undefeated at home for a year now, and I see no reason it should end now against a Start side that is shaky away from home. Haugesund are prone to draws though, so a dnb is probably the best way to go about it to stay on the safe side of things.

Hønefoss - Strømsgodset

2.10 - 3.45 - 3.25

Strømsgodset are without their best players, and Hønefoss did start to get their act together before the summer break. It's a hard one to call. It's too hard to call to be honest. Before the summer Strømsgodset should have won this easily, but the players they are lacking at the moment and the time Hønefoss will have had to regroup, it's hard. But if I had to choose, I'd choose Strømsgodset. I'd advise you to stay away from this one, though.

Kongsvinger - Brann

2.75 - 3.40 - 2.40

Brann should win this. Kongsvinger are just as shite as they've always been, and Brann have started looking like a football side again. Could be tight, but they should edge it.

Tromsø - Aalesund

1.60 - 3.75 - 5.40

The odds are deceptive. Tromsø have been very lucky in the way they've won their matches this season, and Aalesund are not a bad side and they are used to astroturf, albeit probably not as bad an astroturf as in Tromsø. I'd not dare include this one to be honest. Tromsø dnb or Aalesund dnb depending on what odds you want.

Viking - Odd Grenland

1.90 - 3.50 - 3.85

Viking should win this. Odd are a good side, but Viking are good at home and Odd are having trouble away from home.

7pm Kick-Off:

Lillestrøm - Vålerenga

2.05 - 3.40 - 3.40

Another creepy match. Would avoid this one as they are both evenly good team-wise and both have even home/away form.

Monday:

Stabæk - Molde

1.75 - 3.65 - 4.40

Based on spring form, Stabæk should ace this. Things are reset after the summer break over here though, and it could be another close one, but I still think Stabæk should ace it.

Double:

Haugesund

Viking

£10 @ 3.61 returns £36.1

Treble:

Haugesund

Viking

Brann

£10 @ 8.66 returns £86.6

Quadruple:

Haugesund

Viking

Brann

Tromsø dnb

£10 @ 10.40 returns £104

Dare to Dream:

Strømsgodset

Aalesund dnb

Brann

£10 @ 31.59 returns £315.9

Spain to win World Cup/Nadal to win Wimbledon - £40 returns about £800

Spain to win World Cup/David Villa top scorer/Nadal to win Wimbledon - £20 returns about £3200

Did you do it?

Came on to ask the same thing ...