The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

It appears I have more luck if I don't tell anyone about my bets. :lol:

Had £6 on Arsenal/Chelsea/Zenit/Valerenga which returned just over £13. It was my 'dead cert' bet of the day so Valerenga had me worried for a bit. ;D

spooky, that was exactly my bet though a slighlt higher stake.

It appears I have more luck if I don't tell anyone about my bets. :lol:

Had £6 on Arsenal/Chelsea/Zenit/Valerenga which returned just over £13. It was my 'dead cert' bet of the day so Valerenga had me worried for a bit. ;D

spooky, that was exactly my bet though a slighlt higher stake.

Great minds, m'dear. :aww:

Got 35 € on Contador now to win the stage today.

Hate Contador even more after today.  :lol:

Where are Kaizero's tips when you need them?  ???

Typing them up right now. :thup:

Good. Started to worry and even considered to place "my own" bets.  :lol:

Kaizero's Norwegian tips:

(odds are from Unibet at the time this was posted.)

5pm Kick-Offs:

Brann - Stabæk

2.10 - 3.45 - 3.25

I can't call this one. After the summer break, Brann are undefeated. Before the summer break they were utter toss. Stabæk are very up and down at the moment and I am unsure if their best players are back from injury yet or not. They also had an embarrassing experience midweek in the EL qualifiers when they drew against a team from a country I can't even remember, so they might be very down or very keen on doing well this weekend. If I'd go for anything I'd go for Brann dnb, but only because they are at home. Which isn'ta  good reason.

Molde - Sandefjord

1.42 - 4.65 - 6.50

Molde should win this. They've done shit this year compared to their great season last year, but they have all the same players bar a certain Mame Biram Diouf (who went to Man Utd), so in theory they should be able to do well if they just get their act together. Sandefjord have a good keeper, that is all they have. Molde should win this being at home, but I'd not dare doing anything else than keeping it just a straight win as any -1 could get very scary since Molde aren't scoring too much.

Start - Aalesund

2.10 - 3.40 - 3.30

Another hard one to call as Start are doing well at home. Aalesund are doing well everywhere, though. And have been doing well pretty much all season, even if they have started slipping up a bit recently. I'm not a fan of betting on straight draws though, so I would go with Aalesund dnb. It's a dangerous one though, so I'd advise anyone to look at all other matches (bar Brann - Stabæk) to include before this one.

Strømsgodset - Haugesund

1.90 - 3.40 - 3.90

As you may know, Haugesund have not lost at home for a year now. Interestingly enough, they have not won away for 16 matches either. Strømsgodset won 3-0 against Haugesund just the other week in the fourth round of the cup, and they should be able to replicate that feat. For anyone who want more security, go for dnb as draw is a possibility.

Viking - Hønefoss

1.28 - 4.90 - 10.00

Viking win this. They do very well at home, and Hønefoss are not doing so well anywhere. They have started to play better, and find the target when shooting a ball, but Viking should prove too strong at home. I'd be cautious to go -1 though, even with how temptingg it looks.

7pm Kick-Off:

Rosenborg - Odd

1.35 - 4.75 - 8.00

Rosenborg have won the last five matches, and will win this one as well. Can't see them slipping up now Vålerenga are breathing down their neck. Odd have pretty much nothing to play for either, being stuck in mid-table comfortably above the relegation battle and too far down for a top three battle. Rosenborg will also want to revenge their mid-week draw to Linfield in the CL qualifiers. I'd be tempted to go -1 on this, and I think it could work.

Monday:

Tromsø - Lillestrøm

2.00 - 3.45 - 3.50

Tromsø had not lost at home this season until two rounds ago. Coincidentally this was also the first home match after they changed the aeroturf to a new type. Everybody had complained about their old aeroturf, saying it was the reason they couldn't play well up north, whilst Tromsø had the advantage of training on it and all that jazz. I didn't think too much of it until I saw them get beat, which blew my mind. Could it really be the grass that's made such a big difference for the travelling teams? No. Not really, it must have been luck. I think Tromsø will win this, they need to if they want to stick close to Vålerenga and Rosenborg who are running away at the top.

Double:

Viking

Rosenborg

£10 @ 1.73 returns £17

Treble:

Viking

Rosenborg

Strømsgodset

£10 @ 3.28 returns £32.8

Quadruple:

Viking

Rosenborg

Strømsgodset

Molde

£10 @ 4.66 returns £46.6

Dare to Dream:

Strømsgodset

Aalesund dnb

Viking -1

Rosenborg -1

£10 @ 15.57 returns £155.7

Adeccoliga tips:

Bodø/Glimt - Tromsdalen

1.35 - 4.85 - 7.75

Sogndal - Follo

1.40 - 4.85 - 6.50

I've not done that badly, although after reading the tips I'm not so confident.

Have:

Viking -1

Rosenborg -1

Strømsgodset -1

Aalesund

Molde

Stabaek

:lol:

I've not done that badly, although after reading the tips I'm not so confident.

Have:

Viking -1

Rosenborg -1

Strømsgodset -1

Aalesund

Molde

Stabaek

:lol:

In theory those should go in. :thup:

In theory those should go in. :thup:

Fingers most certainly crossed. I just looked at your write up from last week and tried to gage some sort of feeling.

My bets:

£20:

Bodø/Glimt(-1) - Tromsdalen H

Sogndal(-1) - Follo H

£10:

Molde(-1) - Sandefjord H

Strømsgodset(-1) - Haugesund H

£5:

Brann - Stabæk H

Start - Aalesund H

Strømsgodset - Haugesund H