Players to look out for this World Cup

Keefaz

<----- This bloke, Josh Kennedy

Will play up front alone for Australia and will take the physical battle right up to the German and Serbian centre halves.

A target man who scores goals, unlike Marko Viduka...

Have you told this to Pim?

Guest Heneage

Mesut Ozil

Meh, he's no great surprise, he's been shit hot for Bremen and was Champions League Magazine's top talents to look out for this year.

Nicolas Lodeiro, Uruguayan attacking midfielder. Will probably play in behind Suarez and Forlan, he really was the link they needed from midfield and attack.

Jong Tae-Se, striker for North Korea. Dubbed the 'People's Wayne Rooney'.

Alexis Sanchez. Will play on the right side of Chile's front three. Not made an impact in Europe yet but always plays well for the national team.

Javier Pastore. Elegant midfielder who will be deputy to Veron in midfield, will probably get his chance when Veron inevitably fails to last the pace of a tournament like this.

Teko Modise. Likely to be South Africa's main hope from what I've heard. Will probably move abroad after the tournament.

Well so far, Lodeiro got himself sent off, Modise had a shocker and Pastore couldn't get on the pitch.

:thup:

<----- This bloke, Josh Kennedy

Will play up front alone for Australia and will take the physical battle right up to the German and Serbian centre halves.

A target man who scores goals, unlike Marko Viduka...

Have you told this to Pim?

I didn't think he needed a memo - I'll just have to hope he reads my open letter in the WC thread :lol:

Was well impressed with Elia today. Hope he gets a lot of pitch-time. Reckon he could take this WC by storm, tbh.

Check out his goal v Hungary in their last pre-world cup game if you haven't seen it, it's quite good.

Very much looking forward to "The People's Rooney" making his debut tonight. I honestly have never seen a more instinctive goalscorer come out of Asia and hopefully he'll find some room to impress while his team gets slaughtered.

You know what, if there was any hope of him getting a work permit, I'd say we should sign him :lol:

Very much looking forward to "The People's Rooney" making his debut tonight. I honestly have never seen a more instinctive goalscorer come out of Asia and hopefully he'll find some room to impress while his team gets slaughtered.

You know what, if there was any hope of him getting a work permit, I'd say we should sign him :lol:

Aye i'd be up for that. Shame the powers that be won't be. Probably wouldn't cost overly much either.

Aye i'd be up for that. Shame the powers that be won't be. Probably wouldn't cost overly much either.

N.Korea are ranked 105 at the moment and apparently teams have to be within the top 70 to qualify for a work permit for any potential players. Who knows, maybe the Norks will have  a stormer and his country will shoot up the rankings :D . Btw, he plays in the J-league and is a pretty important player for them. In recent years the J-league has sold some pretty good players to Europe like Hulk being the obvious one. He wasn`t exactly that cheap at 6m euros.

btw according to this he underwent a trial with one of the Prem league clubs...don`t know which one

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/30/jong-tae-se-north-korea-wayne-rooney

Guest MrSundlofer

Marek Hamsik (Slovakia) vs New Zeeland today. Great player. Great vision. Good reputation at his club in Italy, Napoli.

Guest Stephen927

Don't think for one second that Dirk Kuyt's goal went unnoticed with me and my friend Glenn.

Aye I'm looking forward to seeing him aswell. He really impressed me in the Greece friendly not long ago.

I was reading on another forum that he has South Korea

citizenship, surely WP wouldn't be too much of an issue if that's the case?

Reckon Eljero Elia is going to make a big impact in this tournament, great dribbler and crosser of the ball.

Certainly looked lively yesterday when he came on. Brilliant turn of pace.

Reckon Eljero Elia is going to make a big impact in this tournament, great dribbler and crosser of the ball.

Yeah he has end product to his dribbling aswell, gets a good amount of goals. I'd like to see the Dutch drop VdV and go with Robben and Elia out wide.

The great thing about Elia is his versatility. He can play as an orthodox winger, or at the side of a front three on the left or right flanks. He's one footed though, you don't see him put much on his left.

Yeah he has end product to his dribbling aswell, gets a good amount of goals. I'd like to see the Dutch drop VdV and go with Robben and Elia out wide.

VdV will be out as soon as Robben is fit. Its the Dirkster they want to sack off. Can see the appeal of keeping Elia on the bench to bring on with 20-25 mins left to run at tiring legs though.

N.Korea are ranked 105 at the moment and apparently teams have to be within the top 70 to qualify for a work permit for any potential players. Who knows, maybe the Norks will have  a stormer and his country will shoot up the rankings :D . Btw, he plays in the J-league and is a pretty important player for them. In recent years the J-league has sold some pretty good players to Europe like Hulk being the obvious one. He wasn`t exactly that cheap at 6m euros.

btw according to this he underwent a trial with one of the Prem league clubs...don`t know which one

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/30/jong-tae-se-north-korea-wayne-rooney

Blackburn. Big Sam apparently has some scouts in this area because they've offered lots of trials to Asian players. He also tried to sign a (shit) Korean striker while he was here.

Nicolas Lodeiro, Uruguayan attacking midfielder. Will probably play in behind Suarez and Forlan, he really was the link they needed from midfield and attack.

Alexis Sanchez. Will play on the right side of Chile's front three. Not made an impact in Europe yet but always plays well for the national team.

Javier Pastore. Elegant midfielder who will be deputy to Veron in midfield, will probably get his chance when Veron inevitably fails to last the pace of a tournament like this.

Teko Modise. Likely to be South Africa's main hope from what I've heard. Will probably move abroad after the tournament.

Well so far, Lodeiro got himself sent off, Modise had a shocker and Pastore couldn't get on the pitch.

Finally, one of my picks does well. Great game for the People's Rooney, even if he was a bit selfish.

Finally, one of my picks does well. Great game for the People's Rooney, even if he was a bit selfish.

Aye, he should've used the wealth of attacking options available to him.

Aye, he should've used the wealth of attacking options available to him.

Fair point :lol: