Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cascarino also dyed his hair and lied about his age when he met the Marseille president to get his move.

Scored 61 in 84 for them so it worked out quite well in the end. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Cascarino

The last part of his Wiki page explains his goal ratio,if it is true of course. ;D

It's only cheating if you get caught.  :pow:

Correctamundo,we'd have twigged it though Middsy. :thup:

I could forgive Cascarino just about anything after his heroics in 1987 tbh.  :smitten:

Forwards: There are six forwards that will possibly be in uniform come June 13 when Germany takes on Australia. How many of these forwards are German born though? The answer is 3. That means that fifty-percent of the German front line goal scorers are not born in the country. Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski are both born in Poland and Cacau is Brazilian born.

Midfielders: There are also six midfielders that most definitely be dawning the black, red and yellow come tournament time. The problem is that the birth places of the middle six do not represent theses colors. Like many other German Nationals, Piotr Trochowski was born in Poland and Marko Marin is a product of Yugoslavia.

Defenders: Out of 8 defenders in the current line-up, all but one is German born. The loner is Andreas Beck, a 23 year old footballer that hails from the Soviet Union."

IMO a bit of rule bending going on, but what do you expect from ze Germans?  :shifty:

This appeasement policy will work though,letting them get away with it.

Forwards: There are six forwards that will possibly be in uniform come June 13 when Germany takes on Australia. How many of these forwards are German born though? The answer is 3. That means that fifty-percent of the German front line goal scorers are not born in the country. Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski are both born in Poland and Cacau is Brazilian born.

Midfielders: There are also six midfielders that most definitely be dawning the black, red and yellow come tournament time. The problem is that the birth places of the middle six do not represent theses colors. Like many other German Nationals, Piotr Trochowski was born in Poland and Marko Marin is a product of Yugoslavia.

Defenders: Out of 8 defenders in the current line-up, all but one is German born. The loner is Andreas Beck, a 23 year old footballer that hails from the Soviet Union."

IMO a bit of rule bending going on, but what do you expect from ze Germans?  :shifty:

I don't really give a shit where people are born, if they've spent almost all their life, or most of their life, in a country other than the one they happened to be born in, they should be able to represent that country because that's where  they're from, even if they were born somewhere else.

(Though I do only think this should apply until you reach a certain age, like you have to have settled in a country before you were 8 or 10 or something to be able to represent their football team. I don't like the country swapping going on when people have just lived in a country for five years as an adult.)

Cascarino also dyed his hair and lied about his age when he met the Marseille president to get his move.

Scored 61 in 84 for them so it worked out quite well in the end. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Cascarino

The last part of his Wiki page explains his goal ratio,if it is true of course. ;D

It's only cheating if you get caught.  :pow:

Correctamundo,we'd have twigged it though Middsy. :thup:

I could forgive Cascarino just about anything after his heroics in 1987 tbh.  :smitten:

Me too bro!! ;D

I don't really give a shit where people are born, if they've spent almost all their life, or most of their life, in a country other than the one they happened to be born in, they should be able to represent that country because that's where  they're from, even if they were born somewhere else.

(Though I do only think this should apply until you reach a certain age, like you have to have settled in a country before you were 8 or 10 or something to be able to represent their football team. I don't like the country swapping going on when people have just lived in a country for five years as an adult.)

Yeah but your from one of those non-countries so you can never understand. I personally would stick to a birth rule.

But all of them bar Cacau have lived in Germany for most of their lives. Which country are they supposed to feel more attached to, the one that they've grown up in and feel culturally attached to - or the one they've never even visited since they were an infant?

Cacau is the only dodgy one, because he starting his career in Brazil and has only been fast tracked a passport recently. The rest are all far more German than they are anything else.

I don't really give a s*** where people are born, if they've spent almost all their life, or most of their life, in a country other than the one they happened to be born in, they should be able to represent that country because that's where  they're from, even if they were born somewhere else.

No. I personally would stick to a birth rule.

Does that mean Terry Butcher should have been made to play for Singapore?

I don't really give a s*** where people are born, if they've spent almost all their life, or most of their life, in a country other than the one they happened to be born in, they should be able to represent that country because that's where  they're from, even if they were born somewhere else.

If he was born there yes.

Yeah but your from one of those non-countries so you can never understand. I personally would stick to a birth rule.

We've been second best in the world during the 90s, man. And we're the only country that's never lost against Brazil. :lol: Birth rules are for nazis, racists and people afraid of "foreigners", simple as.

If he was born there yes.

Can't say I agree with your thinking here. It seems a bit crazy for you to be locked to one country because you were born there, even if you literally spent just a couple of months in that country and feel no attachment to that country whatsoever.

Man, one of the best things the Greens managed to get through while they were in coalition was to change the German citizenship law so it was finally no longer based on "blood".

I feel completely 100% English (and I am). Grown up in England, speak English, went to school in England etc. Totally English. But if somebody told me I was born in another country and lived there for a year, that wouldn't change a thing because I still feel completely English.

So in that respect, I don't have a problem with what Germany are doing. Its the Algeria squad that are in the wrong.....BBC said 17 (i think) of their squad were born in France and several of those had only stepped foot in Algeria earlier this year.

We've been second best in the world during the 90s, man. And we're the only country that's never lost against Brazil. :lol: Birth rules are for nazis, racists and people afraid of "foreigners", simple as.

6 in the German original squad weren't born in Germany. It's not the odd one like.

John Barnes was born in Jamaica too.

Shouldn't have qualifyied for Eng IMO. You Germany will continue to take the piss with this cause they have very fluid borders.

Surely the rules are at fault rather than than ze Germans for exploiting them?

6 in the German original squad weren't born in Germany. It's not the odd one like.

I don't agree with the like of Cacau being in it. But to say people who've had no time to become attached to the country they were born in, aren't allowed to represent the country they've grown up in and learnt to love is just seems... well, in the lack of a better term, racist.

It's like saying John Carew can't represent Norway because his father is from Gambia.

Man, one of the best things the Greens managed to get through while they were in coalition was to change the German citizenship law so it was finally no longer based on "blood".

I don't think Germany should be allowed to recruit promising kids from Poland, Czech, Russia etc. Which if they really wanted to push it they could the way the rules are now.

John Barnes was born in Jamaica too.

Shouldn't have qualifyied for Eng IMO. You Germany will continue to take the piss with this cause they have very fluid borders.

Surely the rules are at fault rather than than ze Germans for exploiting them?

Midds...Middy...Midder...Ze Germans are ALWAYS  at fault.  :shifty:

I don't think Germany should be allowed to recruit promising kids from Poland, Czech, Russia etc. Which if they really wanted to push it they could the way the rules are now.

They've been living in Germany since before they became footballers, that's doesn't seem to me like "recruiting". They feel German, they are German, of course they should represent Germany.