Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, there is the other angle of the Dutch and French players born in former colonies....They should be made to play for the colony if they were born there, it makes if fairer and smaller nations become more competitive.

Aye but at the time Guadeloupe and New Caledonia weren't allowed into FIFA, being technically regions of a country rather than seperate nations alltogether.

Didn't know that but anyway if you give the Germans an inch.....

As a sign of Germany becoming more comfortable as a multicultural society, it is most definitely A Good Thing.

If I was a footballer, and happened to have been born in Sweden and my parents would have stayed there for a few weeks after the birth before going back to Norway, and I'd then proceed to live my entire life in Norway... I'd never represent Sweden if offered, even if I could never play for Norway because of the way Parky wants football to be. It's an idiotic viewpoint.

Nobody is really intersted who plays for Norway and Sweden mate.

If I was a footballer, and happened to have been born in Sweden and my parents would have stayed there for a few weeks after the birth before going back to Norway, and I'd then proceed to live my entire life in Norway... I'd never represent Sweden if offered, even if I could never play for Norway because of the way Parky wants football to be. It's an idiotic viewpoint.

If your folks were Swedes?

Then I'd possibly like to have the choice of representing their heritage, but also the choice to represent my country.

So, there is the other angle of the Dutch and French players born in former colonies....They should be made to play for the colony if they were born there, it makes if fairer and smaller nations become more competitive.

Aye but at the time Guadeloupe and New Caledonia weren't allowed into FIFA, being technically regions of a country rather than seperate nations alltogether.

As a sign of Germany becoming more comfortable as a multicultural society, it is most definitely A Good Thing.

Your getting this debate mixed up in your head with eye candy.

Nobody is really intersted who plays for Norway and Sweden mate.

It's an example to show people just how fucked up and borderline nazi-Germany your viewpoint on the matter is.

...and they will take a mile blah blah.

I just don't see the problem with the German team though. It's only Cacau that annoys me because he's playing for Germany as he wasn't good enough for Brazil. The rest of them are as German as the German born players.

When players start being recruited late in life to gain an advantage that's when it becomes wrong, for example Qatar tried to pay one of their African players in their league a hefty amount of money to change his passport. Thankfully he had the honour to turn it down and he played for Kenya instead, but then there's South Americans there who see it as a new oppurtunity.

Then I'd possibly like to have the choice of representing their heritage, but also the choice to represent my country.

Why don't we just give up on it all and have a big European side and we can play a Mars 11. ffs!

That made absolutely fuck all sense.

...and they will take a mile blah blah.

I just don't see the problem with the German team though. It's only Cacau that annoys me because he's playing for Germany as he wasn't good enough for Brazil. The rest of them are as German as the German born players.

When players start being recruited late in life to gain an advantage that's when it becomes wrong, for example Qatar tried to pay one of their African players in their league a hefty amount of money to change his passport. Thankfully he had the honour to turn it down and he played for Kenya instead, but then there's South Americans there who see it as a new oppurtunity.

You don't know the Germans they have scouts by hospital maternity beds all over Eurpe as we speak.  :kasper: :razz:

Why don't we just give up on it all and have a big European side and we can play a Mars 11. ffs!

Rather that than what you are suggesting.

What am I suggesting? This ain't a japanese video game.

That made absolutely fuck all sense.

Predictive programming.

What am I suggesting? This ain't a japanese video game.

You are suggesting that people aren't allowed to represent their country because they weren't born in it. Which is a nazi-Germany way of thinking I'd have hoped most of the world would lose after 1945, but then there's still people out there thinking like you, and it makes me angry to see how ignorant some people are.

If I somehow overnight became a terrific footballer (I'm still hoping...), I would probably prefer to be able to play for England, even though I'm born and lived all my life in Sweden. It's where my "football blood" is from, and that's what I would want to represent.

I'm actually waiting for Mr. United Nations himself Kezman catching wind of this debate.

Debate? It's just Parky being racist and throwing random insults around rather than trying to back up his viewpoint.

I'm actually waiting for Mr. United Nations himself Kezman catching wind of this debate.

Debate? It's just Parky being racist and throwing random insults around rather than trying to back up his viewpoint.

Fail to see the racism tbh  :lol: