Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spain

1 Iker Casillas

5 Carles Puyol

15 Sergio Ramos

3 Gerard Piqué

11 Joan Capdevila

6 Andrés Iniesta

14 Xabi Alonso

8 Xavi

21 David Silva

16 Sergio Busquets

7 David Villa

Switzerland

1 D. Benaglio

13 S. Grichting

4 P. Senderos

2 S. Lichtsteiner

7 T. Barnetta

6 B. Huggel

17 R. Ziegler

16 G. Fernandes

8 G. İnler

10 B. N'Kufo

19 E. Derdiyok

This will either be a Spain domination, or Swiss holding them to 1-0/2-0.

North Korea and Chile are two teams that I don't want to miss their games for the rest of the tournament. For 2 totally different reasons though.

:thup:

The two teams I wanted to see most before the tournament started, both delivered well.

Spain

1 Iker Casillas

5 Carles Puyol

15 Sergio Ramos

3 Gerard Piqué

11 Joan Capdevila

6 Andrés Iniesta

14 Xabi Alonso

8 Xavi

21 David Silva

16 Sergio Busquets

7 David Villa

Switzerland

1 D. Benaglio

13 S. Grichting

4 P. Senderos

2 S. Lichtsteiner

7 T. Barnetta

6 B. Huggel

17 R. Ziegler

16 G. Fernandes

8 G. İnler

10 B. N'Kufo

19 E. Derdiyok

That Spain midfield is so fucking good. Only Busquets who isn't truly world class.

Derdiyok - why o why did we never fucking buy him?

North Korea and Chile are two teams that I don't want to miss their games for the rest of the tournament. For 2 totally different reasons though.

The two teams I wanted to see most before the tournament started, both delivered well.

Aye same, I'm fascinated by how the Chile system works. They seem to be able to throw players forward in wild abandon yet look fluid enough for others to fill in defensively at the same time, it's a joy to behold to see such a dynamic system working. Of coure though, we'll see how it works against Spain and even Switzerland.

North Korea is just sheer intrigue, and they're the ultimate quirky underdog. Come on you plucky axis of evil.

Spain

1 Iker Casillas

5 Carles Puyol

15 Sergio Ramos

3 Gerard Piqué

11 Joan Capdevila

6 Andrés Iniesta

14 Xabi Alonso

8 Xavi

21 David Silva

16 Sergio Busquets

7 David Villa

Switzerland

1 D. Benaglio

13 S. Grichting

4 P. Senderos

2 S. Lichtsteiner

7 T. Barnetta

6 B. Huggel

17 R. Ziegler

16 G. Fernandes

8 G. İnler

10 B. N'Kufo

19 E. Derdiyok

That Spain midfield is so f***ing good. Only Busquets who isn't truly world class.

Derdiyok - why o why did we never f***ing buy him?

Aye. Derdiyok is a really exciting player, he's had a cracking season for Leverkusen. The injury to Frei is a shame for the Swiss but it's a good oppurtunity for him to fill in - thankfully that donkey Streller got crocked to put him up the pecking order aswell.

Aye same, I'm fascinated by how the Chile system works. They seem to be able to throw players forward in wild abandon yet look fluid enough for others to fill in defensively at the same time, it's a joy to behold to see such a dynamic system working. Of coure though, we'll see how it works against Spain and even Switzerland.

North Korea is just sheer intrigue, and they're the ultimate quirky underdog. Come on you plucky axis of evil.

Be interesting to see how their system holds up versus Spain although it might end up being a dead rubber IIRC which would be a shame. The Chilean players seem to have the drive/fitness that the Argentines didn't when Bielsa tried that system with them in 2002. I think it helps they have a lot of adaptable players too. Sanchez can play anyhwere upfront as can Mati Fernandez, Medel can play any defensive position.

Guest firetotheworks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/Nein1no/104nl-66.jpg

"I hate these filthy neutrals Kif! With enemies you know where they stand but with neutrals? Who knows! It sickens me."

Be interesting to see how their system holds up versus Spain although it might end up being a dead rubber IIRC which would be a shame. The Chilean players seem to have the drive/fitness that the Argentines didn't when Bielsa tried that system with them in 2002. I think it helps they have a lot of adaptable players too. Sanchez can play anyhwere upfront as can Mati Fernandez, Medel can play any defensive position.

Yeah, their players are so versatile it helps. Although it might be partly down to Bielsa for turning them into more adaptable players? I'm not sure.

I can't remember the Argentinean team, but imagine Javier Zanetti filling in one of the fullback/wingback/defenvie midfielder roles in that team. :smitten:

[

That Spain midfield is so f***ing good. Only Busquets who isn't truly world class.

Derdiyok - why o why did we never f***ing buy him?

Aye. Derdiyok is a really exciting player, he's had a cracking season for Leverkusen. The injury to Frei is a shame for the Swiss but it's a good oppurtunity for him to fill in - thankfully that donkey Streller got crocked to put him up the pecking order aswell.

Impressed 2008 when we were linked very heavily and he has proved he can do it consistantly in a top league. Old man N'Kufo has been banging them in this season so Spain will have to be wary at setpieces etc. Streller is fucking cack, pleased they've finally fucked Zuberbuhler off n all, possibly the least agile goalkeeper i've ever had the pleasure of watching.