The best goal I ever scored........

madras

spent a while thinking about this.

cast your minds back to the day england drew 0-0 with west germany in the 1982 world cup. there was a park (concreted area with some seats in amongst the houses where we lived) and there was a 3-a-side grudge match between myself and 2 mates  and 3 other lads who we knocked around with but tempers had been simmering  between the two groups and there'd been at least one fight between two of us. with an hour to go before the england/germany game we were all in the park, us 6 and a few others and a good few girls which heightend the levels  of testosterone in our 15yr old selves.

we we picked sides and as soon as it kicked off it meannt something. this was more than a kickabout in the park. my team was winning but it was close,first to ten and there was never more than two goals in it. the kick off in the england game came and went, thats how much it meant to us, even the girls chose sides and the atmosphere was never the same in that park, the fissures ran through for years to come.

at 7-6 i was defending our goal in a one on one,put my foot out and the ball got stuck under my ankle. i moved it out and pushed it out to my left and advanced with it. their first player came to me, I played a  3yard one-two off the wall around him and kept going. as player 2 came to me i put myself between him and ball and spun him....bearing onto goal. i'm very left footed so i made my way all round the ball,opened my body up and hit it with my left instep, the ball spun outwards in a wide arc all along the ground. out of the reach of the rush keeper but seemingly taking forever before nestling in the bottom left of the bench seat that was the goal. we scored the other two inside 30secs and gloated and things were never the same again. within days i'd stopped knocking around with them and found new more grown up friends and i wasn't to get the girl i wanted who was there until my mid twenties. had i missed and we got beat would i have stayed with them until i won as now when i think back on it i had to beat them all well to move on.

Not necessarily the best goal I've ever scored technically, but the one personal footballing moment I'll never forget.

My first season playing county level football in Kent division one (highest level I've ever played), and we were pushing towards winning the league. It had got to the really nervy part of the season where we were playing against teams that were also trying to win it and we just needed to win against the lower teams and not lose against the rivals.

I think it was second to last game of the season we had an away game against a team called Oakwood who were our biggest rivals for the league, we just needed a draw to all but win the league. We were 1-0 (or 2-1 I can't remember :lol: ) down after about 70 minutes and I was on the bench. After running up and down the sidelines warming up for ages the manager decided to put me on right mid (I'm a striker).

So... not long after I've come on, our left back has picked the ball up just past the halfway line, and progressed about 10 yards or so and decided to whip it in early. Now I was probably quite comfortably the smallest person in our team, and probably on the pitch, and not renowned for my heading ability, but I've drifted in from the right to just inside the box, and leapt like a fucking salmon, bulleting a header into the far top left hand corner.

I honestly can't remember ever seeing a reaction anything like it by every single one of our players and our manager. It meant so much to everyone. Absolutely amazing moment that no money could buy.

Scored quite a few crackers in my time (71 goals in 72 games at school year 9-13)

Probably best was a sort of Henry vs Man Utd volley (obv not as good/powerful). Throw in on the half way line, took it on my knee whilst turning, nearer the half way line than the goal, the knee control onto my right foot on the volley, looped massively and went in.

An other was my first goal for my new school, sort of Gascoigne vs Scotland. Was about 25 yards out. ball was bouncing there was one defender i had to take on, so i lobbed it over him and with my left foot on the edge of the area i volleyed it into the top corner.

Scored a few cracking free kicks as well, some curled, some smashed. few chips as well, I like reminiscing bout scoring, some great strikes :snod:

Guest Brazilianbob

It was 1982 and two months after my mother had died when I played in an 11 a side friendly match.  I opted to play centre mid and a mate was playing left wing.  After 15 minutes it was obvious he was having a mare, so I said I would go left wing and he dropped into the middle.

I then proceeded to play the game of my life, I skinned whoever was in front of me every time no matter how many were marking me.  It was like they were all in slow motion so I easily anticipated tackles and skipped past them and put over some beautiful crosses from which our centre forward (who used to be on Newcastles books as a kid) scored five goals (and missed a hatful too!!).  I scored four goals, one of which was a cracking cross shot from the angle of the penalty area into the opposite top corner of the goal!  I like to think my late mother had something to do with my performance in that game cos I have never played so well before or since!

Probably best was a sort of Henry vs Man Utd volley (obv not as good/powerful). Throw in on the half way line, took it on my knee whilst turning, nearer the half way line than the goal, the knee control onto my right foot on the volley, looped massively and went in.

I scored one like that Henry goal this season in a league match against a team that later folded, fucking up my chance to win my first ever goal of the season  :angry:

I was on the right though, flicked it up first touch, and smashed it far top corner second touch!

hmm choice of 2 really.

'85 Northumberland schools under19s cup, quarter or semi against a school in Blyth. we were losing , Keeper clears , defender mis judges and lets in bounce,  Hit the sweetest half volley from outside and to the side of the box, diagonally 25yds+ in  top corner. From the kick off , lunged at the ball and Broke a kids ankle, got booked- the Ref says ' your not a pro yet son' wtf?

Got to the Final and Lost but at least we won the league.

2nd choice, NO 1st game :smug:

(blef,cat,jill....you may want to use the time to bake a cake)

:frantic:

I scored 2 goals in my football career as far as I can remember. One tap in consolation goal (got beat 4-2) and one where I played lone striker, megged the keeper and we won 1-0. So probably the latter.  :lol:

two come to mind.

1) Absolutely smashed a volley from a low cross at the top of the 18 and it went in.

2) An admittedly sweet right upper 90 curler from outside the box.  I was pretty astonished that it had gone in - just out of the keepers' reach.

Guest Heneage

Not me. But a lad at football scored a bicycle kick, not in that good brazilian beach football way. He seemed to slip and kick it all in one fluid motion, it was nuts.

35 yards out, right side of the box, curled with the outside of my right foot into the top left hand corner. The crowd went wild.

Roberto Carlos posts here?

Hahaha, nah I wasnt that far wide, I was in equidistantly parallel :) of the penalty spot and the side of the box.

Well done  :clap:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

September 3rd 1998 - my Birthday I was 14.

Proctor's Field, Palmersville

Forest Hall FC

Corner on the right was played short to Ant (one of the twins), he played it to his Andy (his other twin) on the edge of the area, who squared it to me just outside the area, left of the D. I look up, see Mark Scott at the back post asking for the ball. I control, take a touch forward and try to cross in it for him to header. It sales over all the defenders and my team mates and nestles into the top corner.

My best goal and I didn't even mean it.

5-a-side last year, students versus lecturers, two minutes left and it is 11-11 the teachers are on the attack and I've made it back to the halfway line, completely knackered. The ball is played out to the wallat half way and I get there first with two lecturers close behind me. I turn, squeeze through them, knock the ball forward a meter, jump over a tackle, and wham with my right foot a swerving shot that went right into the top left hand corner.