Your worst footballing moment...

Shak

Guest steppa

Playing 6 a side for my work in an inter-work tournament. Middle of attempting a Cruyff turn, my upper leg keeps twisting whilst my standing foot stays still. Dislocated patella located underneath my shinpad while my leg is pointing at an angle that God had not intended.

Six years on, can just about have a little kickaboot with my 4 year old lad.

Guest Supersylt

Had a few bad ones.

When I was around 15 we were leading the league with one game left, I tried to clear the ball away, only to miskick it badly, giving their striker the ball one-on-one with our keeper. He scored and we lost 1-0 and came second in the league. Cried like a little baby after the game.

A bit older we played our local team in the first round of the Norwegian Cup for under 19`s. I was the captain of my team and about the only one that didn`t drink the night before, as there was a big party for the graduating students. One of my friends that I picked up from the drunk cell before the game won us a penalty with 5 minutes to go. It was the first penalty I`ve ever taken, and their keeper saved it easy. They scored two minutes later, to win the match 2-1. Haven`t taken a penalty ever again after that miss. Also got my sorry face in the local newspaper the next day.

Another goalkeeping story - seems to be a few of them here!

I was filling in for the seniors (being coach of the reserves) who were raping the league. It was a top of the table clash, and the boys took nearly the whole first half to score the opener. I charged out of my box to congratulate the scorer, not noticing the bad guys getting ready to kick off. The arrogant fuckers shot from the centre circle, and I'm backpedalling like mad, but I can only get a fingertip onto it - it went in off the crossbar... Needless to say the boys were not pleased.

Good thing the boys scored another three in the second half! :lol:

I can still see it in slow motion - the bastard could have tried it every day for the rest of his life and not repeated that shot.

I was running back into my own penalty area, the ball came at me unexpectedly, I didn't adjust and scored an own goal.

No disaster, but I suppose I was at a self-conscious time of life (16), and was playing with older lads. Eventually, someone had to tell me to stop apologising.

Played up front but had a terrible reputation in our team for not being able to score one on ones. Must have missed about 7 or 8 in my last season playing. Got no sympathy at all, but that's what you get for playing with mates I suppose. :laugh: Still finished top scorer though so that shuts the twunts up whenever the subject arises.  (Surprisingly often :hmm:)

Smashed my left ankle when my studs got caught in the grass going in for a slide tackle - I shouldn't really have playing as I'd knacked my right knee when some big fucker block tackled me a few days before.

After about six months out, had a couple of matches and went over on my right ankle and heard the same sickening crack..... Luckily I didn't break that one, but gave up playing after that.  I've still got more mobillty in my left ankle than my right.

I was running back into my own penalty area, the ball came at me unexpectedly, I didn't adjust and scored an own goal.

No disaster, but I suppose I was at a self-conscious time of life (16), and was playing with older lads. Eventually, someone had to tell me to stop apologising.

I scored an OG on my debut for my Sunday team. It was quite unfortunate mind, just a hopefull cross into the area that bounced off me and went in. It was kind of the opposite to yours though, as I was one of the older players brought in to beef up what was basically a decent Year 6 team that had decided to enter a league. :-[

First game playing for school in goals. Not one but two Taibi/Green esque howlers.

Played as a ringer for some lad at work placements team n all - scored two own goals.

Broke my arm playing footy at school in first school, don't think I've ever cried so much in my life.