Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just seen this:

CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE MANAGER Vacancy.

There is a vacant position of Centre of Excellence manager at

Yeovil Town Football Club. All interested candidates please contact

Job description

• Administrative duties.

• Coaching.

• Ensuring the running of the Game and Training program.

• Ensuring that the Centre of Excellence syllabus is being implemented through out all age groups.

• Over seeing coaching sessions (Evenings) through out the season.

• Arranging and organizing fixtures, venues and referees to meet the Centre of Excellence program.

• Organizing Trials matches.

• Ensuring all coaches remain in date for all required coaching qualifications.

• Good communication skills.

• Good IT skills.

• Must be able to work within a team.

• Must be flexible.

• Must be able to meet deadlines.

Must be able to Drive 17 seat minibus.

• Must be a UEFA A license coach.

Closing date 17th June

Another thing to learn! :lol:

----

Just seen this one based in Newcastle too, application date ends tomorrow. I've thrown my CV in, but I think its above my level of experience.

Job Description.

Job Title: Community Football Project Co-ordinator

Responsible To: Sports for Youth Directors / Management and Leadership Team Steering Group.

Salary: £11,250 pro rata

Hours of Duty: 15 hours per week flexible, to include evenings and weekends as required for which no extra payment will be made.

Contract Term: One year

Main Duties -

• To co-ordinate the day to day activities of our Football project.

• To manage volunteers, coaches, and work placements within the project.

• To organise football training sessions in different locations.

• To assist the Directors with the implementation, management and monitoring, to help deliver the football project and achieve our outcome.

• To work with young people from ethnic minority groups

• To work in partnership with other organisations under the contract term.

Purpose of the post:

Under the guidance of the Directors of Sports-for-Youth CIC and Management & Leadership Steering Group, the post-holder will work in partnership with a range of agencies (County FA, Newcastle Children Services, Northumbria Police, Football Foundation, Show Racism the Red Card, Football in the Community plus others), to design, develop and deliver a strategic community football development programme for young people across a range of cultural identities.

The main purpose of this role is to help promote active and healthy lifestyles; tackle issues of anti-social behaviour and low level crimes; promote social integration and create opportunities for young people living in the targeted areas of Newcastle.

It is envisaged that a high proportion of this work will be focused on working with disadvantaged young people from ethnic minority backgrounds and others who face economic and social isolation.

Duties and Responsibilities:

1. Engaging and interacting with hard to reach young people in the targeted area, encouraging them to lead a healthy active lifestyle and participate in football.

2. To engage and consult with local communities and partners (Northumberland FA, Footie Divas, Newcastle College, NUFC Foundation and other local youth/community groups).

3. To ensure that all football activities are monitored and evaluated as specified by the Directors of Sports for Youth CIC (Ds-S4Y) and Management & Leadership Steering Group (SG-S4Y)

4. Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively.

5. The ability to recognise and develop funding streams that will result in additional income for the organisation.

General

1. To ensure there is equality of opportunity in all matters relating to the project.

2. To join regional networks which promote sport and renewal, and take an active part in developing and promoting good practice.

3. To attend meetings, working groups and forums as directed by the (Ds-S4Y) / (SG-S4Y)

4. To undertake other such relevant duties from time to time be determined by (Ds-S4Y) / (SG-S4Y)

5. To be sensitive and caring to the needs of the young people, to act personally as an exemplar on these issues.

6. To help contribute towards reducing the levels of anti-social behaviour during the hours of the sessions.

Conduct

1. To ensure high levels of professional conduct at all times with particular reference to punctuality, dress, presentation and administration.

2. To ensure that customer care is the major priority for service provision.

3. To ensure the service is promoted efficiently, effectively and in keeping with the corporate image of the employer.

4. To ensure the health, safety and welfare of coaches, volunteers and the public by complying with the appropriate health and safety policies, use all reasonable endeavours to ensure safe working practices in all football activities in which Sports for Youth is engaged.

Review Arrangements

The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal responsibilities, reflect the job content at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable over time the nature of individual jobs will change; existing duties may be removed and other duties gained without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the (Ds-S4Y) / (SG-S4Y) will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult regarding such revisions with the post holder at the appropriate time.

Full UK Driving Licence is desirable.

Closing date for applications: Tuesday 1 June 2011

There is no application form. Please send your CV and cover letter by email or by post.

Sports for Youth CIC

145 Waverley Road

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne

NE4 7SJ

Tel: 0191 272 1702

Email: [email protected]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just posted another job, Guv, though you're better off where you currently are. Seems a lot of work load for 15 hours a week and £11k. There was a post with Tottenham Hotspur Foundation that was £20-£22k!

Tottenham Hotspur Foundation are seeking a skilled development officer and coach to drive and develop PPA and school sport programmes in primary, secondary and further education settings across Haringey, Enfield, Barnet and Waltham Forest.

The position requires co-ordination of the PPA (Planning Preparation and Assessment) programme, after-school clubs and a wider school sport offer. The position involves working with a range of partners to set up structured multi-sport and multi-skill and physical education programmes across Haringey, Enfield, Waltham Forest and Barnet. The key aim of the role is to develop and deliver on Tottenham Hotspur Foundation's PPA programme and develop a wide sporting offer predominantly for primary schools. The job holder needs to be flexible and may work irregular hours e.g. evenings, weekends. The role is initially based on a split development and delivery basis but with the achievement of set targets will re-focus to a Development Officer role with further career opportunities.

Priorities

To co-ordinate an innovative PPA and wider school sport programme including traditional and non-traditional sports

To develop festivals and competitions for young people

To deliver PPA sessions (approximately 12 hours per week) within schools

To proactively develop and expand the PPA and school sport offer in Haringey, Enfield, Waltham Forest and Barnet

Duties

To liaise with schools to drive new business opportunities

To drive and develop school sport programmes in THF's key Boroughs

To develop an innovative marketing and business plan to drive new business

To quality assure the programme and embed robust quality assurance systems

To monitor and evaluate against agreed targets and provide quarterly reports

To identify potential opportunities and apply for external funding

Data input and support with the schedule

To develop and co-ordinate a training programme for school sport coaches

To manage the school sport budget and produce invoices

To identify innovative programmes for young people

Committed to providing inclusive sporting activity for young people of all abilities

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, its class seeing what they want from each job and what level of pay to expect.

9:15 meet today.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You act cool, but we all know you're scrambling to get ready for the Metro right now!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
The Football Association has unveiled plans that could revolutionise youth football in England.

Under the proposals, children will not be allowed to play 11-a-side games until under-13 level.

"In 11-a-side matches there are fewer touches for players," said FA head of elite development Gareth Southgate.

"If we go to that format too young then it becomes much more of an athletic-based game. We have huge pitches that kids can't get around."

This and other proposals, such as games being played on smaller pitches and with smaller goals, are the result of an 18-month investigation of grassroots football.

Any changes will need to win support from 75% of the FA's voting shareholders at a vote in September.

The FA has highlighted that three of the most successful countries in recent years - Spain, France and Italy - do not allow 11-a-side games until under-14 level, and Southgate said he felt there was an appetite for change in the English game.

"People have seen the way that the likes of Barcelona have played this year and they're asking: 'Why can't our kids play that way?'," said the former Middlesbrough manager.

"We want them to play that way. We feel that what we are proposing will give them the environment to develop those skills.

"We have down the years produced some technically gifted players but we want to increase that pool of talent so that if our best one or two players get injured, there is a bigger talent pool to come in."

Research shows that children who are slower to mature physically are being forced out of the game before they reach their potential.

Factors such as the pitches they play on being too big means smaller more gifted players tend to lose out in favour of more athletic players.

Southgate stated: "It benefits the physically stronger players but there's a real danger that we lose the smaller, more technically gifted ones.

"There is a high drop-out of players in that nature."

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Durham Uni are recruiting. I'd apply, but 1 step short of my UEFA B at the moment :(

Job Description - Football Coach - hourly paid (1 year contract)

To support the Head Coach - Football and Promotions in delivering the coaching programme for the Football Academy and to provide pastoral support to learners. To act as college representative on external networks as directed by Head Coach - Football and Promotions/Curriculum Manager.

You must hold a UEFA B Licence or working towards, and have experience of coaching and managing 14 - 19 yr olds.

PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH SECTOR 1.

To apply for this position please click here - https://sector1.net/jobseeker/applications/login.aspx?dc=30889&at=4&fk=40812&ru=

Please note that all applications for this role should be submitted electronically using the online application form above.

Any contact made by the College e.g. Interview invitation will be made by e-mail. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have unfortunately not been successful in your application on this occasion, but we thank you for your interest and would encourage you to continue to view our vacancies.

This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.

If you have decided to not apply for this vacancy we would appreciate any feedback you can give us as to why you have reached this decision. Please take 20 seconds of your time to complete the survey which can be accessed by clicking here - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=4_2fvkiClBM6P3iQhcpnJewQ_3d_3d.

Contact information - [email protected]

Job Description.

Post Title: Head Coach - Football and Promotions

Location: Willerby Grove, however the post holder may be required to work at any of the College centres.

Responsible to: Curriculum Manager

Attendance Requirements: 37 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work may be required

Salary: SCP Fixed Point 32 £24,314 per annum

Start date: July / August.

PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY THROUGH www.sector1.net

Main purpose of the post:

• The main purpose of this post is to ensure the growth and promotion of the development centre by raising the profile of the centre and the college, ensuring the delivery of the Coaching Programme for students within the Football Development Centre and to work closely with college departments to encourage progression pathways for student athletes.

Main duties:

• To manage the delivery of Coaching to student athletes.

• To deliver on a selection of BTEC sport courses.

• Lead in the recruitment of students on a local, national and international basis.

• To promote the college/football programme and lead on the growth in student numbers.

• Act as college spokesman with Durham County FA and any other relevant organisations with regard to football activities, coach education and player development.

• To represent the college attend meetings and network events as directed by the Curriculum Manager.

• Work with the Community Sport Development Officer to promote football in schools /clubs/ community.

• Ensure all players receive regular testing/measuring of fitness and personal fitness programmes via liaison with the Fitness Coach.

• Co-ordinate Assistant Coaches workloads and allocate responsibilities for team management, administration and development activities.

• To performance manage the Assistant Coaches.

• Give career advice and guidance (from a football perspective) for Football Development Centre students throughout their time at the College. This should include the provision of lifestyle skills: sports medicine / science support and factors affecting performance.

• Ensure liaison with Personal Tutors and Academic Staff with regard to the student’s welfare/ well-being and academic issues.

• Have pastoral responsibility for students.

• Assist with staff development with specific reference to coaches and assistant coach’s development.

• Liaise with local/regional football clubs and develop a network to assist student athletes in securing pathways for individual development and progression.

• Liaise with the Assistant Coach - Football (Promotions) to ensure growth and promotion of the development centre by raising the profile of the centre and the college.

• Any other duties commensurate with the salary and grade of the post, which may be assigned from time to time.

PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY THROUGH SECTOR 1.

To apply for the position please click here - https://sector1.net/jobseeker/applications/login.aspx?dc=30763&at=4&fk=40720&ru=

This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.

My nephew just did another part of his last week, not sure what one it was.. a good few Prem team coaches on the course too.

He is loving, really good of his boys club to pay for it all.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Yeah, you're sorted if you find a good boys club who'll look after you (in return you coach for them). Might have been the FA Youth Module course he was on, as that was held last week. Me and TheGuv were on it, plenty of Newcastle Foundation coaches there, and some top FA Tutors on it too. That first Durham Job as a Football Coach is £11.55 an hour, which seems a lot, but if they're asking for an UEFA B coach, that's pretty low really.

Yeah he coaches the under 8's I think it is at Grainger Park Boys Club, loves it they do okay too.

I think he was the youngest on the course last week, he's 17 called Ryan.. you may have met him if it was the same course.

Blonde/Brown haired lad?

aye.. trying to remember if he still has a mullet

:D

BINGO! Aye i remember him :lol:

I think I'd like to do my coaching badges actually, is it expensive?

Should read the thread really. :lol:

Nope not really, in the grand scheme of things, £120 for Level 1. NFA are always doing them. Take a look :thup:

http://eventspace.thefa.com/northumberlandfa/participant/s.aspx

Blonde/Brown haired lad?

Been doing ya badges too ?

He's a good lad, very quiet, not a chav and sooo laid back it amazes me he can stand up, lives for football though.

Blonde/Brown haired lad?

He's a good lad, very quiet, not a chav and sooo laid back it amazes me he can stand up, lives for football though.

Aye me and OCK. I had a few chats with him, he was quite quiet but a very nice lad thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Blonde/Brown haired lad?

Aye me and OCK. I had a few chats with him, he was quite quiet but a very nice lad thup:

We talking about Ryan?

Blonde/Brown haired lad?

We talking about Ryan?

Aye.. you know him too ?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, canny lad, he was on the YAM 1&2 with me and TheGuv, and he's also on my Level 2 course!

Going to go up to him in a few weeks: "EEEE A NAH YA UNCAL SKIRGE, KIDDA!"

Aye, canny lad, he was on the YAM 1&2 with me and TheGuv, and he's also on my Level 2 course!

Going to go up to him in a few weeks: "EEEE A NAH YA UNCAL SKIRGE, KIDDA!"

:lol:

Uncle Kris    :D

aye he is a good lad..  I can threaten him now with telling you embarrassing stories if he don't work hard.

:lol: