FA Coaching Badges

Ash

Guest Heneage

Interesting reading about the 'Joystick coaches' and the 'Autocratic coaches'. I tend to catch the training session of a local youth side by my house as I'm often out with the dog at the same time. To say the coaching is basic would be an understatement.

The coaches seem to teach them nothing but it hit it long and don't dally on the ball. It's a shame because a few of them have real talent and you can see them wanting to try more but it's getting coached out of them. One week they had them play against their older counterparts in 11 a side, it wasn't even a contest because the opposition we're all bigger,faster and stronger.

In a weird way, it gets me tempted to put my hat in the ring, but I'm thinking my lack of any formal qualifications would rule me out.

Interesting reading about the 'Joystick coaches' and the 'Autocratic coaches'. I tend to catch the training session of a local youth side by my house as I'm often out with the dog at the same time. To say the coaching is basic would be an understatement.

The coaches seem to teach them nothing but it hit it long and don't dally on the ball. It's a shame because a few of them have real talent and you can see them wanting to try more but it's getting coached out of them. One week they had them play against their older counterparts in 11 a side, it wasn't even a contest because the opposition we're all bigger,faster and stronger.

In a weird way, it gets me tempted to put my hat in the ring, but I'm thinking my lack of any formal qualifications would rule me out.

Honestly, don't think like that!

By the sounds of it they'll most likely have a Level 1 tops. And even if they are more qualified than you, so what?

Everybody has to start somewhere, and i'm sure you could bring fresh ideas to the table :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He is a student now, so... probably!  :laugh:

Aye he is indeed a student now.... just call him Nana's boy.. he will understand.

:D

How did I miss this!  ;D

Nah, go for it. They let Ali do level 1!

Guest Heneage

Honestly, don't think like that!

By the sounds of it they'll most likely have a Level 1 tops. And even if they are more qualified than you, so what?

Everybody has to start somewhere, and i'm sure you could bring fresh ideas to the table :thup:

Aye if I catch the next session I'll offer to contribute. If I get told to go fourth and multiply I'll let you all know so we can have a chuckle. :lol:

He is a student now, so... probably!  :laugh:

Aye he is indeed a student now.... just call him Nana's boy.. he will understand.

:D

How did I miss this!  ;D

Nah, go for it. They let Ali do level 1!

The video on Ryan :lol:

OCK that's a low blow on Ali :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nah, just means I need to coach them so they don't leave enough space to drive a bus between the CBs. All about shapes. I'm not devastated I've got it, they're harder ones. Coaching Defending is pretty much all the same thing anyway.

Nah, just means I need to coach them so they don't leave enough space to drive a bus between the CBs. All about shapes. I'm not devastated I've got it, they're harder ones. Coaching Defending is pretty much all the same thing anyway.

:lol:

Tell that to Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well done Chris, join the clurb.

Anyone fail?

Not that I saw, there were two people left. Scott and some other guy. Don't think Scott would have failed like, his session was canny.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
In 2009 the Scottish F.A. commissioned Henry McLeish MSP to carry out a review of football in Scotland. A key part of that review was the development of a Performance Strategy, and the subsequent appointment of a Performance Director to oversee all aspects of football in Scotland that impact on the continuous development of international players. A new Performance function is now in place, and we are now seeking to appoint a National Youth Team Coach.

PLEASE NOTE - Only UEFA 'A' and 'PRO' Licence holders should apply for this post!

If you are interested in this role, and wish to apply, then please go to www.scottishfa.co.uk and lick on vacancies.

The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 2nd November.

Electronic applications only will be accepted.

MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

 To prepare, develop, select and coach selected youth players for the U19 national squad in accordance with the Scottish F.A. Performance Strategy and as determined by the Performance Director.

 Submit comprehensive scouting reports on talented youth players at club level on a monthly basis, ensuring that all the relevant information is entered into the SFA national database for players.

 Provide scouting reports for all other age groups as requested by the Performance Director, and appraise and update the Performance Director of all activities on a monthly basis.

 Prepare player analysis reports in conjunction with the Sports Scientist, Sport Psychologist and Performance Analyst ensuring that all reports support the ongoing development of talented youth players.

 In conjunction with the Performance Analyst develop a pipeline of talent in order to ensure that there is a succession plan in place for each position in the relevant national squad.

 Actively engage with , and seek the views, on a monthly basis of all those who are involved in the coaching and development of talented youth players in order to gather player information on their performance, such as school reports, social situation etc.

 Organise two test matches per year to select the best U19 players in accordance with the selection criteria set by the Performance Director.

 Organise a central training session per week in advance of any scheduled activity eg. an international challenge match.

 Design and deliver sessions for talented youth players in regional and national performance squads, and attend regional performance schools once a week.

 In conjunction with the Performance Director design and deliver communication mechanisms in order to provide feedback to all players and staff associated with the national squads.

 Design and organise two U18 National Team selection days at the end of each football season to identify the new U19 talented players.

 Assist any other National Team Coach as requested by the Performance Director.

 Attend as appropriate SFA, UEFA and FIFA in service and study programmes in order to keep up to date with the ongoing technical development and education of talented youth players.

 Any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time by the Performance Director.

PERSON SPECIFICATION

Essential criteria

 Proven experience of working with elite players in Europe.

 Proven experience in a programme or system at academy level is essential, preferably at premier league level.

 Playing experience in the senior game.

 Proven ability in managing a performance process, and documenting the analysis of talented players.

 Experience of prioritising target age groups for future performance.

 Must have a UEFA ‘A’ Licence, and be prepared to do the Pro Licence 2 years after the commencement date.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Looks like UEFA B courses have changed/moved around again. Ours is back in Newcastle and is at Gosforth Park. Far too soon for me, but thanks Ash for forwarding the email.

http://eventspace.thefa.com/FALearning/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=39847

This bit interested me:

Coaches working with a team of U14s + playing 11v11 football.

Additional experience (desirable):

Open Age Football: Premier League, Championship, Div 1 and 2, Tier 1 - 4,

Tier 5 : Combined Counties (Premier), Eastern Counties (Premier), Essex Senior League, Hellebic (Premier), Kent League (Premier), Midlands Football Alliance, Northern Counties East (Premier), Northen League (Div 1), NW Counties (Premier), Spartan South Midlands (Premier), Sussex County League (Div 1), United Counties League (Premier), Wessex League (Premier), Western League (Premier).

Tier 6: Combined Counties (Div 1), East Midlands Counties League, Eastern Counties (Div 1) Hellenic (D1 E/W), Midland Combination (Premier), Northern Counties East (Div 1), Northern League (Div 2), NW Counties League (Div 1), SW Peninsular League (Premier),  Spartan South Mids (Div 1), Sussex County (Div 2), united Counties League (Div 1), Wessex League (Div 1), Mest Mids Reg League (Premier), Western league (Div 1).

Time to try and coach an Alliance side!  :lol:

No worries.

I got really annoyed when I first read the email as I orginially thought it listed needing to coach in Tier 6 and above as a prerequisite but obviously that was wrong. I'm with you, probably too soon but it's something I'd like to do in 2013. Hoping to do my Level 2 assessment early next year, get Uni out of the way and then crack on with the UEFA B.

Glad to see it's back locally too. :thup:

Looks like UEFA B courses have changed/moved around again. Ours is back in Newcastle and is at Gosforth Park. Far too soon for me, but thanks Ash for forwarding the email.

http://eventspace.thefa.com/FALearning/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=39847

This bit interested me:

Coaches working with a team of U14s + playing 11v11 football.

Additional experience (desirable):

Open Age Football: Premier League, Championship, Div 1 and 2, Tier 1 - 4,

Tier 5 : Combined Counties (Premier), Eastern Counties (Premier), Essex Senior League, Hellebic (Premier), Kent League (Premier), Midlands Football Alliance, Northern Counties East (Premier), Northen League (Div 1), NW Counties (Premier), Spartan South Midlands (Premier), Sussex County League (Div 1), United Counties League (Premier), Wessex League (Premier), Western League (Premier).

Tier 6: Combined Counties (Div 1), East Midlands Counties League, Eastern Counties (Div 1) Hellenic (D1 E/W), Midland Combination (Premier), Northern Counties East (Div 1), Northern League (Div 2), NW Counties League (Div 1), SW Peninsular League (Premier),  Spartan South Mids (Div 1), Sussex County (Div 2), united Counties League (Div 1), Wessex League (Div 1), Mest Mids Reg League (Premier), Western league (Div 1).

Time to try and coach an Alliance side!  :lol:

That's ridiculous like :lol:

That Scottish post required previous experience in the senior game too. Talk about keeping jobs for the boys...

No worries.

I got really annoyed when I first read the email as I orginially thought it listed needing to coach in Tier 6 and above as a prerequisite but obviously that was wrong. I'm with you, probably too soon but it's something I'd like to do in 2013. Hoping to do my Level 2 assessment early next year, get Uni out of the way and then crack on with the UEFA B.

Glad to see it's back locally too. :thup:

I have to wait till 2013 anyway :/

Got to be 20 ffs :lol: