FA Coaching Badges

Ash

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Also, when I see jobs like this, I just think... I'm going to get kidnapped.

Salary : £ 2000.00 (per month)

Full/Part Time : Full Time

Job Contract : Employed

Job Ref# : 782

Job Posted : 24th January 2013

Football Coach Wanted

A new and exciting vacancy has become available for China ClubFootball.

China ClubFootball is China’s biggest amateur football network, and a licensed joint-venture. Established to promote and develop grassroots football in China, ClubFootball operates grassroots coaching programmes for Chinese and international children in Beijing, as well as leagues, competitions and events for men, women and corporate clients.

ClubFootball are seeking qualified and motivated football coaches to join our coaching team in Beijing.

ClubFootball coaching programmes operate at venues across Beijing, and teach a grassroots skills-based programme to foreign and Chinese children aged 5-16 of all playing levels.

Candidates should hold an FA coaching qualification (Level 2+ preferred), have experience of coaching children, be flexible and willing to work as part of a team. You must also have a passion for seeing children learn and enjoy football.

1-year contracts are available, and positions begin from March 2013. Shorter term contracts may also be available. For more information, please send a CV and covering letter.

Non qualified applicants or coaches who don’t enjoy working with kids of all abilities need not apply. 

Your Chinese visa will be arranged by ClubFootball.

Salary: $1400 to $2000 USD per month

Additional Benefits include Flights and visa as well as Accommodation.

Please note: Due to new visa regulations, UK nationals over 25 years old with a university degree are preferred.

Job in the North-East.

North Region Powerchair Football Development Officer

Closing Date: 6th February 2013

Ref: WDO-SA-01/13

Salary: £18,453 - £20,198 (Funded for 3 year fixed term)

The Percy Hedley Foundation provides services for a range of young people and adults with physical disabilities and other associated difficulties. Since 2005 the Percy Hedley Sports Academy has strived to create many more sporting opportunities for disabled people, regardless of their age and disability across the North of England. The academy delivers and supports a wide range of sporting services across the North of England aimed at facilitating the inclusion of disabled people in all areas of sport.

North Region Powerchair Football Development Officer

An exciting opportunity has arisen through funding from the WFA Regional Powerchair for a Powerchair Football Development Officer. The role will be to co-ordinate and support the delivery of Powerchair Football opportunities across the North region. Working with our Sports Academy in North Tyneside the successful applicant will deliver a series of Powerchair Football taster sessions and deliver coaching sessions through the North region. You will establish effective partnerships with football providers and other relevant organisations which will involve extensive travel and unsociable hours. Having a minimum of two years Coaching/Sports Development experience the successful applicant will have an understanding of the FA National Disability Strategy and awareness of disability issues and a minimum of a Level 2 Coaching Qualification.

A completed application form must be submitted for this post which can be found on the vacancy page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Developmental Football Coach

Job Description

Bristol Rovers Football Club have recently launched a new network of Advanced Development Centres across the South West of England. The ethos of the scheme is to work with the more advanced local club players in the area between the ages of 6 - 16 with the aim for players to develop to a standard to progress into the Clubs Centre of Excellence.

We are now welcoming applications for the role of coach within the Advanced Development Centre in Pershore, Worcestershire.

Coaches wishing to apply would meet the criteria as below:

·        Hold a minimum Level 2 in Coaching Football (mandatory)

·        Hold the FA Youth Award Module 1 & 2 (desirable)

·        Working towards Level 3 Coaching Qualification (desirable)

·        Holds In Date CRB Certificate, Safeguarding Children and First Aid Certificates (mandatory

·        Experience of past working in a similar capacity or within local junior club football (desirable)

Coaches must display ability and willingness to:

·        Follow a Coaching Syllabus and deliver coaching sessions accordingly

·        Provide Session Plans before each session

·        Provide Written Formal Assessments and Verbal Assessments on a periodic basis

·        Represent the Advanced Development Centre at Meetings, Games/Tournaments and Presentations

Salary will be dependent on qualifications and is structured as follows –

Level 2 - £10 p/h, Level 3 - £15 p/h

Guest Craig-NUFC

If I were to attempt to get coaching badges, would I have to manage a local team at any point? I'm interested in the coaching side of things, but couldn't deal with the hassle of managing a team.

I'm half interested in doing coaching courses with the intention of getting a coaching job at the end of it, but know little about them and the FA's site doesn't help much. Any information on difficulty, cost, personal experiences, etc would be handy.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Depends which grassroots club you were with. Sometimes you'll get someone who wants to manage and not coach, sometimes you'll get someone who wants to do it all, but wants a shadow coach to help out.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://blogs.thescore.com/counterattack/2013/03/06/horncastle-mind-games-a-comparison-between-the-training-methods-of-mourinho-and-villas-boas/

Interesting read.

While Jose Mourinho was at Inter, he was visited by four university students. They were seeking to understand his methods with a view to writing a thesis about them. He was happy to oblige. “People have a general idea of what I do,” Mourinho said, “and it’s insufficient.”

The insights he gave over the course of an interview were fascinating particularly because so much of it was centred around unlocking the mind’s potential.

Mourinho discussed the subconscious and procedural memory. That’s the memory of the performance of particular types of action. Take driving, for instance.

Initially, when you start to learn, you’re concentrated on what gear you’re in, how fast you’re going and when to check your mirrors, to signal and maneuver.

With time, however, this all becomes second nature. You drive without making a conscious effort. Adjustments are made more or less automatically, whatever road you’re on, so you can focus on other things and make other decisions.

This is what Mourinho sets out to achieve in training. But how exactly?

Every exercise is done with the ball. Most if not all sessions last 90 minutes, the duration of a game, or a maximum of 120 minutes, like one that goes into extra time.

Each one is devised with the aim of reproducing moments of a match, specific situations so that once they come in a competitive context the players know exactly what to do and where to be on the pitch, how to defend and how to attack in whatever formation they’re in or up against and according to the circumstances they find themselves in too, be they a goal up or a goal down, a man up or down to 10 men.

With time, these movements are made without conscious effort because they’ve been logged to procedural memory. In theory, the mental strain on a player is reduced. You’re more in control. You’re more lucid. You’re more able to anticipate things, read the play and not only make better decisions but vary them too.

This is important. Because Mourinho doesn’t want to create robots or automatons. They’re predictable and he doesn’t want his teams to be that way.

“When I set about studying opponents and attempt to identify their behaviour, their tactics,” he explained. “I often realize that the development of their playing dynamic is more a mechanical automatism than a true playing dynamic.”

Mourinho’s method, as defined by Corriere della Sera columnist Sandro Modeo, is instead structured but open, robust but plastic.

“The objective,” he said, “is that the players understand the playing system and trust it, that they take some initiative because they’re convinced that it’s the best thing to do and not because someone else says: ‘Do it that way’.

“I know where it is I want us to get to, but instead of telling them: ‘Go that way,’ I want them to find their own way there.”

Psychologically it’s much more satisfying and validating to find the solution to a problem yourself than have someone else solve it for you. Mourinho understands this. He calls it ‘guided discovery’.

I mention all this because I think it’s what we’re seeing at Tottenham under Andre Villas-Boas.

Various assumptions have been made about Mourinho’s former assistant during his time in England. One is that he’s a tactics obsessive and a lot of that is down to the anecdotes we’ve been told about him.

For instance, there’s the now famous one about how one day after finishing school, he plucked up the courage to knock on the door of Sir Bobby Robson, who just happened to live in the same apartment block while he was manager of Porto, to ask why he persisted in playing Sergei Yuran up front, a striker who wasn’t prolific, when he had Domingos Paciencia, a centre-forward with a track record of scoring goals, on the bench. Robson encouraged his curiosity and legend has it he soon had Villas-Boas writing scouting reports that he’d post through the letterbox for him to read.

There would be many more. One of them, written while Villas-Boas was part of Jose Mourinho’s staff at Chelsea ahead of a game against Newcastle United on November 19, 2005, was leaked soon after he got the manager’s position at Stamford Bridge in 2011. That and an interview he granted at the Cafe Maiorca to a University of Porto student, Daniel Sousa, who at the time was writing a thesis on football and is now his Head of Opposition Scouting at Tottenham, were used to reinforce this idea that his principal preoccupation was with tactics. “Bullshit that can baffle brains,” Harry Redknapp said, although not overtly in reference to his successor at White Hart Lane, to say nothing of all its modern accoutrements.

So, as you can imagine, there was some surprise when he revealed prior to Tottenham’s visit to West Ham 10 days ago: “I have never used Prozone. I don’t use it because I don’t believe [in it].” It wasn’t a complete myth-buster but showed how the general perception of Villas-Boas and what his management entails is narrow.

“Tactics will always be a part of the manager’s job,” Villas-Boas told France Football earlier this year. “But before you get to that, there’s the attitude of the player: his concentration, his motivation, his desire to win. And this is more a job for a human being than a coach.”

Which brings us back to Villas-Boas’ apparent repudiation of Prozone. “The mind and how the player feels,” he said, “is much more important for us, rather than statistical data.”

He elaborated further on this in France Football when asked to give an insight into what his average working day is like.

“In general, I work a lot on the philosophy and the way of expressing potential during matches, physically and psychologically,” Villas-Boas explained. “We therefore simulate all the situations that players could encounter during matches so that they might automatically adapt, so they know how to adjust mentally, make the right decision…

“We work a lot on instant decision-making for the good of the team. You can teach them things individually but the decision on the pitch belongs to them. And sometimes it’s not exactly what the manager has taught. Instinct is so vital because everything changes very quickly in game situations. Of course you want to see the team play attractive attacking football. But with great freedom of decision. The players take more pleasure in it. You teach them how to manage an experience, they take the decision.”

An example of this might be how Tottenham have managed to stop conceding late goals like they had done earlier in the season.

Asked how he had achieved this following a 1-0 win at home to Swansea in December, Villas Boas said: “We address it between us as a group in training. You know by stimulating concentration in the last part of training. It’s very difficult because you can’t recreate the stress of a game and the environment of a game but we had a go. As I said it doesn’t mean that the problem is solved but the players have a conscience that we have conceded in the past and we want to get it right.

Prompted to expand further on that and in particular how you devise an exercise to specifically stop conceding late goals, Villas-Boas smiled: “By increasing complexity in terms of the exercises that you do. So that the more complex the exercise the more concentrated you have to be to do it. [And] by the tasks that they have to do in the exercise, you have to be very very creative.

When seen in this light, Mourinho and Villas-Boas’ work is all the more fascinating precisely because they seek to train body and mind simultaneously.

“We [at Tottenham] want to promote decision-making by developing the instinct of the players, a job which leads to what a human being is truly about,” Villas-Boas explained.

So for those of you wondering what exactly his contribution has been to Gareth Bale’s best ever season and the consolidation of his reputation as maybe one of the world’s top players in his position, perhaps there’s your answer. Villas-Boas has further developed his instinct.

Modern day coaching, it seems, is about mind-games after all. Just not as we first thought.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Newcastle United Foundation are recruiting.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Foundation/News/0,,10278~3108975,00.html

Newcastle United Foundation are looking for sessional FA qualified Level 1, 2 and 3 Coaches to join the Football Development department. It is essential that applicants are members of the FA Licensed Coaches Club, hold an up to date FA Emergency First Aid and Safeguarding Children certificate and have completed the FA Youth Module 1 and 2.

Successful candidates will work across our comprehensive football development programme including Schools, Community and Disability sessions, with players aged 4 to adults. Hours of work will vary, but we are particularly looking for coaches who are able to work between 3:00pm - 8:00pm Monday-Friday and 9:00am - 5:00pm at weekends.

As these roles will require coaches to work at various venues throughout Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside and Northumberland a clean driving licence and own transport are desirable.

To apply for one of these positions please send your CV and covering letter (including your availability) to [email protected] or post to Newcastle United Foundation, FAO Victoria Bradley, St. James' Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4ST.

Closing date: Thursday, 28th March 2013

Practical interviews: w/c Monday 8th April 2013

• 1 month later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Newcastle United Foundation's Coaching the Coach Summer Convention 2013

COACH THE COACH - SUMMER CONVENTION 2013

Sunday 16th June 2013; 9.00am- 5.30pm.

Chris Coleman

Wales National Team Manager

Practical preparation for International fixtures

Michael O'Neill

Northern Ireland National Team Manager

Developing Team Shape

+

Themed Youth sessions - Carousel of FA Level 1, FA Level 2 and FA Youth Modules.

Barney Jones

NFP Soccer & Lead FA Coach Educator

Neil Winksill

Newcastle United Foundation & Newcastle United Academy U15 Coach

Ben Dawson

The FA & Youth Coach Educator

Terry Mitchell

Former Gateshead FC 1st Team Coach & FA Coach Educator

Liam Bramley

Newcastle United Academy U16 Coach & FA Coach Educator

Adam Furness

Northumberland FA FDO & FA Coach Educator

FA Licensed Coaches Club  -

Level 1 & Level 2 will be accredited with 2 hours CPD

Level 3 & Level 4 will be accredited with 5 hours CPD

Coaches from all levels / sports are encouraged to attend!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Need to encourage more stuff like futsal over here in my opinion.

This is actually sort of happening, very slowly now! Disco the pioneer forum poster.

• 1 year later...

Super bump number two:

Not so much coaching, but thought this a decent place to advertise a couple of quality jobs that have just popped up with the company I work for:

http://www.onsideanalysis.com/football-performance-analyst/

http://www.onsideanalysis.com/football-research-analyst/

I know we've got people on here with expert knowledge in some of the leagues mentioned, so could be worth a look for those looking to top-up their income or get a start working in the football industry.

• 3 years later...

http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/coach/courses/all-courses/the-fa-level-1-in-coaching-football

Start here. It's a fairly simple process really, although when you start progressing through the courses you'll probably need a club behind you providing financial backing as they can be costly.

That said, if it's just grassroots football you're interested in, it's easily funded yourself.

• 1 month later...

This seemed the best place to post this, Does anyone on here coach kids? I just started coaching the school I work at's football clubs from ages 5-12 and they've never really had any instruction before and just sort of left to play games, so watching them play football is like watching a shoal of fish, even with the older kids they were averaging a pass every 5 minutes and as a result our school has a reputation for getting hammered every time they play against other schools.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas of drills I could do that could quickly make a difference to their passing and positioning, as it would be nice if these kids could go home without being embarrassed and demoralised for a change

• 4 weeks later...