The[Insert Player Here]Has Never Been Very Good, And Got Found Out Today Thread

Guest firetotheworks

Guest firetotheworks

For all the people claiming that formerly/current quality players have never been any good, and have been found out in the match today (Date is changeable)

So here we go.

John Terry: Solid as a rock for England until recently, Champions League Finalist, Chelsea Captain, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield Winner.

He's never been any good, and today that point was proved when the past became fiction and age became an irrelevant side-note.

Feel free to add your own entries.

Guest dover

Gareth Barry

Emile Heskey

Shaun Wright Phillips (4 mins lets me include him)

Matthew Upson

Glen Johnson

Heskey is obvious.

James had a pretty awful game. Should have done far far better for two of the goals. Near jumped over their 2nd & has just dived right past their 3rd. Id expect the large majority of keepers to make the save he made in the first half. Beyond that hes gotten credit for just managing to actually catch the ball. Not very good really.

Guest firetotheworks

Terry solid as a rock for England until recently?  :facepalm:

In tournaments, yes.

This is the first time England have been in a tournament in 4 years............

I didn't need to know that. The point being that he has had one half decent/half shit tournament in a defence alongside Carragher, King, and Upson. While he's been very dependable in every other tournament he's every played in. He's not a patch on Rio, but he's not meant to be. If you think he's average, and always has been because he's not cultured then it's a bit daft. If you think he's been average because he's past his best and has played alongside players that aren't as good as/aren't better than him, then fair enough.

Guest firetotheworks

Also, I find it quite funny that people are actually taking this thread seriously. It's meant to be a piss take to show just how f***ing fickle some of you are.

Guest Heneage

Kid Icarus. I thought he was dead witty and funny in tournaments, but his threads and posts of late have shown his best days are behind him.

Guest firetotheworks

Kid Icarus. I thought he was dead witty and funny in tournaments, but his threads and posts of late have shown his best days are behind him.

You're just annoyed because that granny reported you to Ofcom.

Guest Heneage

You're just annoyed because that granny reported you to Ofcom.

:angry:

Guest firetotheworks

Also, I find it quite funny that people are actually taking this thread seriously. It's meant to be a piss take to show just how f***ing fickle some of you are.

hahaha your funny, clown.

Weirdly, your post is probably the only one I agree with. Don't rate Barry or Johnson in their primary jobs at all.

I have to say that the shift Barry put in today was absolutely shambles. I blame him for the last two goals. You can't lose possession just outside the oppositions box after a free kick and for Germanys fourth he was slower than my grandma.

That said, the English only looked like a good team for about four minutes

fickle? :lol: So now an a tournament performance isn't enough to make a judgement?

Guest firetotheworks

fickle? :lol: So now an a tournament performance isn't enough to make a judgement?

It depends who the player is I guess. I'll admit I'm tired as fuck, and pretty pissed off though, so my judgement might not be too sound.

It was mainly a reaction to people claiming that John Terry has always been average for England, purely because he hasn't been at his best in this tournament, despite the fact that he's one of the only players that's even shown up for England on numerous occassions. Players like Rooney though,  opinions are fair game when it comes to his England performances imo.

Just people picking easy targets based on poor snippets, and going over-board basically. This is what this thread is about.