The Liverpool Thread

Parky

And they need a new stadium.

I don't see NESV paying for a new stadium. US owners are use to the local governments paying for new stadiums to keep their teams in the city.

If England win the 2018 bid then you can bank on the government or the FA coughing up for it, don't worry about that.

Guest VegasToon

I don't see NESV paying for a new stadium.  US owners are use to the local governments paying for new stadiums to keep their teams in the city. 

If England win the 2018 bid then you can bank on the government of the the FA coughing up for it, don't worry about that.

Will Liverpool fans give NESV that long?

I don't see NESV paying for a new stadium.  US owners are use to the local governments paying for new stadiums to keep their teams in the city. 

If England win the 2018 bid then you can bank on the government of the the FA coughing up for it, don't worry about that.

We find out in December who wins the bid, the new anfield is one of the stadiums hoping to host it. If we are chosen and Anfield is chosen as a venue then expect them to break ground on the site within 6 months of the decision.

But if they can sell the club for more money that they owe their creditors (RBS), then the club is not insolvent.

True the owners are set to loose £140M between them, but the club is still worth more than their debts, so only the owners loose money during the sale. (in simple terms)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We find out in December who wins the bid, the new anfield is one of the stadiums hoping to host it. If we are chosen and Anfield is chosen as a venue then expect them to break ground on the site within 6 months of the decision.

Hope not, still a bit annoyed West Ham get a new stadium for 'free'.

It maybe Spurs' yet, also remember Man City didn't pay (atleast all the money) for their stadium aswell that was used for the Manchester Commonwealth games.

They were never ever gong to rule any other way, no way were Liverpool ever going to go into administration.

Read the details, dude. H&G were basically lying their arses off.

But if they can sell the club for more money that they owe their creditors (RBS), then the club is not insolvent.

True the owners are set to loose £140M between them, but the club is still worth more than their debts, so only the owners loose money during the sale. (in simple terms)

In fact, the repayments on someone else's debt aside, we made a £30m profit the other year :(

*lose*

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It maybe Spurs' yet, also remember Man City didn't pay (atleast all the money) for their stadium aswell that was used for the Manchester Commonwealth games.

Guess it depends on how much of their gate is returned to the government each game, if its OK or not.

They haven't got a leg to stand on, esp. accusing others of irresponsibility. They're just being Americans clinging on for dear life to an investment that they're going to lose their shirts on big time. Most of the stuff these guys own was bought with borrowed money, and I reckon they'll lose 65%+ of their purported net worth before the dust of the financial crisis settles.

Guess it depends on how much of their gate is returned to the government each game, if its OK or not.

Governments are always retarded about this one way or another. In Germany, the city will often build the club a stadium if the city's prestige demands it, and the government will splurge on stadia if there's a World Cup to be had. Even in the UK, where specifically building a stadium for a privately-owned club (clubs are majority fan-owned in Germany) wouldn't fly, a stadium constructed for a specific international event typically has a negative value to the local government.

From their point of view, the cost of building the stadium was taken care of up front before the XYZ Games took place (i.e. somebody else's problem), but they have to worry about pesky maintenance costs. Usually, they couldn't even drive a hard bargain if they wanted to, because there aren't usually a lot of prospective tenants for a fucking huge stadium.

Can't stand Liverpool but it's got to be said that Hicks and Gillett come out of this mess looking like a pair of absolute cunts tbh.

Can't see too much of what they have done wrong to be hopnest. Many club owners borrow money against the business after they have just bought them, the same in a lot of companies that get taken over. The Liverpool fans are only making a big deal out of it because they have slipped out of the top 4. Who ever takes them over I hope they finish the job off, don't invest in new players or a new stadium and just settle for being "Liverpool, the most successful club in England for now".

Something isn't right with this board and the American take over though, This other guy from the far east has offerd more money and has said that he has money for the team on top of that, I don't remember anything liek that coming from the Americans, it's obviouse the board are getting a backhander on this deal with the Americans.

Can't stand Liverpool but it's got to be said that Hicks and Gillett come out of this mess looking like a pair of absolute cunts tbh.

Can't see too much of what they have done wrong to be hopnest. Many club owners borrow money against the business after they have just bought them, the same in a lot of companies that get taken over. The Liverpool fans are only making a big deal out of it because they have slipped out of the top 4. Who ever takes them over I hope they finish the job off, don't invest in new players or a new stadium and just settle for being "Liverpool, the most successful club in England for now".

Something isn't right with this board and the American take over though, This other guy from the far east has offerd more money and has said that he has money for the team on top of that, I don't remember anything liek that coming from the Americans, it's obviouse the board are getting a backhander on this deal with the Americans.

Wow. Not sure where to start.

I'll have me tea first.

It's Liverpool, who gives a shit?. I was hoping RBS would have pulled the plug on the club and got all of their workers to go over and take a piss on Anfield. It was never going to happen, but honestly, who gives a shit if Liverpool were no more?

Guest neesy111

It's Liverpool, who gives a shit?. I was hoping RBS would have pulled the plug on the club and got all of their workers to go over and take a piss on Anfield. It was never going to happen, but honestly, who gives a shit if Liverpool were no more?

No one apart from Liverpool fans would be bothered.  But the media would go into Meltdown.

The majority of the people I work with are Liverpool fans. This lovely saga is making the week fly by, this new little revelation just made tomorrow better instead of them all being smug again.

Guest neesy111

Can't stand Liverpool but it's got to be said that Hicks and Gillett come out of this mess looking like a pair of absolute c***s tbh.

Tom Hicks is a gentleman and a scholar.

This.  I really like Tom Hicks actually.