The Liverpool Thread

Parky

BBC Reporting new asian bid has came in, hmmm.

I'd have thought any new bid that's larger than the existing one will create a problem for the Board. It'll be difficult to argue that the sale price is 'reasonable' if there's an opportunity to sell it for more.

New bid more than old bid, meaning old bid could be deemed as unacceptable. Perfect timing.

sky sports and other football news guys must be thanking this liverpool saga, good way to fill time/pages during international break

New bid more than old bid, meaning old bid could be deemed as unacceptable. Perfect timing.

sky sports and other football news guys must be thanking this liverpool saga, good way to fill time/pages during international break

Good news is no news.

I am just glad it isn't us.

Guest Chris P

Or has it been planned this way,

Or has it been planned this way,

P = Parky?

NESV you are our saviours!!   We love you.

Wait, hang on. Better bid elsewhere?

NESV **** off we never liked you anyway.......Mr Lim,  you are our saviour!  We Love you!!

Like that Simpson newsreader.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh_89-OffG3o8-RoddVGnS_xPw91BDNkiPA9MM8PYPUZhcKQA&t=1&usg=__KoZBrm4g5YKC50EiSV4mVxHMslM=

From Twitter RobHarrisUK

RBS accuses hicks and gillett in court of "breathtaking arrogance" in obstructing sale process

11.33am: "RBS appeal to judge to 'restore a clearly constituted and functioning board' today. 'It cannot wait and it would be wrong for Mr Hicks and Gillett to profit from their tactics.'," reports Sachin Nakrani.

11.38am: Hicks and Gillett representative admits to breach of contract but feels there is no urge for board to be reconstituted before Friday.

RBS dismisses this as 'absurd' given the company needs to repay £200m to the bank by Friday.

H&G QC says case should be heard next week - "no rush". Snowdon QC says that is "frankly. absurd"

Sounds like admin is what he wants.

I can't understand why Hicks and Gilette want to stall the sale to the point at which Liverpool go into administration. They'll attract even less money if the club is on -3 points and bottom of the league.

Either they have a deal lined up that only they know about that gives them a better price (which seems unlikely when there's no reason Liverpool couldn't just accept that bid instead) or they are willing to see the club burn and accept an even greater loss just to do so.

I can't understand why Hicks and Gilette want to stall the sale to the point at which Liverpool go into administration. They'll attract even less money if the club is on -3 points and bottom of the league.

Either they have a deal lined up that only they know about that gives them a better price (which seems unlikely when there's no reason Liverpool couldn't just accept that bid instead) or they are willing to see the club burn and accept an even greater loss just to do so.

this

this

So they'd each pay £70m+ just to see Liverpool on negative points? I know many on here don't like the club all that much - and I'm the same - but come on. :lol:

this

So they'd each pay £70m+ just to see Liverpool on negative points? I know many on here don't like the club all that much - and I'm the same - but come on. :lol:

its the only semi-logical explanation I can think of