The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Them finishing 5th could do huge damage to Spurs next season. Even without Europe I doubt there'd be a mass exodus from Liverpool and their new owners would still spend. Will Spurs be able to keep their star players and spend big in the summer without even having the Europa League?

There have been murmurs in the press recently that big players want to leave/have to be sold if they don't qualify for Europe.

VdV and Modric will surely want out, which is practically the spine of their attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13297225

Liverpool will reveal a £20m loss for the last full year of the reign of former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the football club has said.

Although revenues rose to £184m in the 12 months to July 2010, net debt also increased to £123m, incurring interest payments of more than £17m.

US company Fenway Sports Group bought the club for £300m in October 2010.

Fenway, formerly known as New England Sports Ventures (NESV), has since paid off £200m of debt.

The latest accounts do not include the debt repayment, nor do they include income from the £80m four-year shirt sponsorship deal agreed with Standard Chartered in September 2009.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13297225

Liverpool will reveal a £20m loss for the last full year of the reign of former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the football club has said.

Although revenues rose to £184m in the 12 months to July 2010, net debt also increased to £123m, incurring interest payments of more than £17m.

US company Fenway Sports Group bought the club for £300m in October 2010.

Fenway, formerly known as New England Sports Ventures (NESV), has since paid off £200m of debt.

The latest accounts do not include the debt repayment, nor do they include income from the £80m four-year shirt sponsorship deal agreed with Standard Chartered in September 2009.

That bit's bollocks, AFAIK. That was paid off with the purchase of the club (why they waited to buy till the holding company's bankruptcy).

I don't see the new owners pumping in much cash (besides hopefully putting up the collateral for a loan to build a bigger stadium), but we'll be alright now we don't have to try to pay the previous owners' loans off.

Bias? Bias of what? :lol:

Your dislike of Liverpool is the reason you're being stubborn, it's nothing to do with how they're playing and the results they're getting.

I don't particularly have a dislike of Liverpool.

Any manager (except Woy obviously) should be capable of taking that team to at least 5th in the league. I want to see him with a full season under his belt before the wankfest can start.

It wasn't that much worse than 00-01 in which Bobby was in charge. One bad season doesn't make a bad manager. He did a good job overall.

Yes but Bobby didn't inherit a team that had finished second in two successive seasons.

It wasn't that much worse than 00-01 in which Bobby was in charge. One bad season doesn't make a bad manager. He did a good job overall.

Yes but Bobby didn't inherit a team that had finished second in two successive seasons.

Neither did Kenny.

Like he was found out at Blackburn? He shown class throughout his managerial career.

That's great, but I wouldn't be hiring a manager based on what he did 15 years ago.