The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Jist is Interviewer said what did u think of brightons effort.tonight, it was impressive. Im not here to talk.about brighton. Liverpool played very well tonight im here to talk about them. Towards the end he did wish them luck etc but he totally dismissed giving them any credit at the start

Jist is Interviewer said what did u think of brightons effort.tonight, it was impressive. Im not here to talk.about brighton. Liverpool played very well tonight im here to talk about them. Towards the end he did wish them luck etc but he totally dismissed giving them any credit at the start

Dalglish is losing it I see.

As an opening question, it would have been irritating, but it's the sort of question that managers get all the time, and they usually handle it far better than Kenny did.

I think he's quite thin-skinned, and beginning to feel the pressure.

With Meireles gone and Kuyt out of the team, Dalglish has pretty much knacked what was good about Liverpool last season, ie. their two best performers imo.

All going to plan man.

This will be the 3rd manager I've seen off. :yao:

What's the alternative like? :lol:

Meanwhile there's a Parky vs Alex Ferguson war that tailed off at Parky 05 Ferguson 88 in the letter pages of the Sunday Sun in May 1996.

Do you know what I mean?  They'll never win, unless they're immortal super-managers.  I really like these threads but you're nuts. :lol:

Hodgson: P31 W13 D9 L9

Dalglish: P30 W15 D6 L9

Dalglish has 2 more points than Hodgson did at this stage of the season last year, but bear in mind that Liverpool played Arsenal, Man' City and Man' United in the first 5 games of last season.

:smug:

I think the second stat has far more weighting. 

Tbh, I think this revelation should tie the scores at 4-4.

Definitely, been mentioned a few times, but imagine the uproar of Hodgson had signed Carroll, Henderson and Adam for those sums of money? :lol:

I think the second stat has far more weighting. 

Tbh, I think this revelation should tie the scores at 4-4.

Definitely, been mentioned a few times, but imagine the uproar of Hodgson had signed Carroll, Henderson and Adam for those sums of money? :lol:

But, but, but he didn't really spend the £50+ million because he sold Torres for that much.

:yao:

I love the way he handles the press, gives most of them the respect they deserve, thank fuck.  He's been in the game far too long to be thin skinned and he's right, he's Liverpools manager not Brightons.  Give me that any day rather than Hodgson and his self praise, and defeatist attitude.

Hodgson:

"I think it would be a sad day for football and for Liverpool if someone who had been brought in with the pomp and circumstance, and the money it took them to release me from my previous contract, and being feted as one of England’s best managers – if after eight games people are deciding this guy has got to go"

"Today was a famous victory"

After a 1-0 triumph over Bolton at the Reebok.

"They’ll be a formidable challenge – there’s no question about that."

On Carling Cup opponents, struggling league Two side Northampton.

"What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstad to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team. So I find the question insulting. To suggest that, because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work, is very hard to believe."

Reeling off some of the massive clubs he’s managed. Not so much a who’s who of European football as a who are they?

That's just a small portion of the many ridiculous comments Hodgson made, that's beside the horrible turgid football, so anyone who thinks we were better off with Hodgson is wrong on so many levels.

Not sure about that Tooj, apparently it was Carragher and Gerrard who pushed for his appointment, at a time when there was no-one really running the club.  Acting CEO Purslow took those two players, and the press' advice.

It's early days Ali, and we're much, much better off football wise.

Was early days for Hodgson too.  Didn't have a chance.

Also, Liverpool aren't exactly massively better off?  If anything they've stagnated the pace in midfield which is going to cost them big when they face the top 4/5 teams.

There's no doubt that Dalglish has been better, but considering Kenny is thought of as a God, and Hodgson is thought of as worse than cancer, you're not that far better off. :lol:

Think that is a fair enough comment, though a lot of Liverpool fans will be blinded by their love for KD for some time to come, his status gives him at least this full season to make an impact.

Dalglish has 2 more points than Hodgson did at this stage of the season last year, but bear in mind that Liverpool played Arsenal, Man' City and Man' United in the first 5 games of last season.

I guess Hodgson's record includes easy games in Europa League. Still, a great stat for winding people up! O0

Not sure about that Tooj, apparently it was Carragher and Gerrard who pushed for his appointment, at a time when there was no-one really running the club.  Acting CEO Purslow took those two players, and the press' advice.

I never knew that at the time.

Although from an outsider's perspective, it certainly looked like the players weren't playing for Hodgson, then as soon as Dalglish came in seemed to be putting in a lot more effort.

I guess Hodgson's record includes easy games in Europa League. Still, a great stat for winding people up! O0

2nd stat actually very relevant btw.