The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Have a mate who supports Liverpool (from a distance) and he has perfect clarity on liverpools weakness at the moment: Midfield

From having a midfield of Mascherano/Alonso/gerrard, they have a huge hill to climb. None of the current midfield are anything to worry about, even Gerrard looks well off the pace...

I am over the moon about all this, really do detest the moaning mackem relations!

While I agree their midfield is a part of the problem imho the main problem is the centre of defence and more specifically Jamie Carragher. He's beyond past it but its not like the rest of their cbs are much better, Coates is an unknown quantity still adapting, Skrtel is overrated and Agger is always getting injured.

Instead of going off and spending 20m on Henderson they should have spent some of that on a proven cb

I'd agree. Their midfield isn't as great as it was, but it's still pretty good and they can produce some skilful football. The defence is their weakest point at the moment. Against Norwich, they conceded a very simple goal.

Have a mate who supports Liverpool (from a distance) and he has perfect clarity on liverpools weakness at the moment: Midfield

From having a midfield of Mascherano/Alonso/gerrard, they have a huge hill to climb. None of the current midfield are anything to worry about, even Gerrard looks well off the pace...

I am over the moon about all this, really do detest the moaning mackem relations!

While I agree their midfield is a part of the problem imho the main problem is the centre of defence and more specifically Jamie Carragher. He's beyond past it but its not like the rest of their cbs are much better, Coates is an unknown quantity still adapting, Skrtel is overrated and Agger is always getting injured.

Instead of going off and spending 20m on Henderson they should have spent some of that on a proven cb

To add to their defence, they've got problems upfront.

There's such a heavy reliance on Suarez to score and Carroll doesn't look suited to their play.  Kuyt can't really cut it either.

Kuyt hasn't looked his old self so much this season. Still busy and busts a gut.

Gerrard is finished.

Man, that was some midfield. Why Rafa ever considered selling Alonso, I'll never understand.

Man, that was some midfield. Why Rafa ever considered selling Alonso, I'll never understand.

Rafa made some mental decisions and some mental signings. Then again he also was desperate to sign Silva, Mata, Jovetic, Villa a good couple of year ago.

If you can't understand why he would want to bring in Gareth Barry to replace Xabi Alonso that's your problem.

Because his previous two seasons he was below par?  Rafa had been told he had to sell to buy, Alonso hadn't been playing as well as he could for the previous two seasons so Rafa saw him as the one who could raise the most money.  It speaks for itself when no-one wanted to buy him for 16 million at that time.  It was a kick up the behind for Xabi and he went on to have his greatest season with us, but he'd made his mind up to leave and nothing Rafa said could make him change it, so he was sold for 30 million. 

It was more the fact he wanted to replace him with Barry was the most outstanding thing. I know Rafa had mentioned the home-grown ruling for it, but howay man.

Aquilani was a more than capable replacement anyway, but due to his injury problems never really had a chance to get going. Even this season, Dalglish should have kept him and not wasted money on the likes of Henderson and Adam.

Charlie Adam to me looks a complete downgrade on Meireles.

Raul Meireles reckoned he'd been made promises under Hodgson and the previous regime which the present regime weren't prepared to fulfil. 

For me he was a bit hit and miss, scored some great goals but had some shit games.  He was scared of going in for tackles as well.

Charlie Adam to me looks a complete downgrade on Meireles.

Raul Meireles reckoned he'd been made promises under Hodgson and the previous regime which the present regime weren't prepared to fulfil. 

For me he was a bit hit and miss, scored some great goals but had some shit games.  He was scared of going in for tackles as well.

An upgrade on Adam and Henderson though, surely?

Hodgson: managed 31, won 13, lost nine.

Dalglish: managed 32, won 15, lost nine.

Sack him

Really? Not surprised like, anyone would think the fans hounded Hodgson out.

Liverpool fans don't do that. Apparently.

Sack him

So £100m spent on the squad and they've 6 more points  :lol:

Wow, amazing.

It was more the fact he wanted to replace him with Barry was the most outstanding thing. I know Rafa had mentioned the home-grown ruling for it, but howay man.

Aquilani was a more than capable replacement anyway, but due to his injury problems never really had a chance to get going. Even this season, Dalglish should have kept him and not wasted money on the likes of Henderson and Adam.

He wanted Barry because of the home grown rule and the fact he was versatile. 

Aquilani wanted to play in Italy and Dalglish won't have anyone that doesn't want to be here, thought Aqua was great myself and would have loved to keep him.  Apparently Torres wanted to change his mind on the last day but he was told it was too late as well.

Sack him

Can you do me one of your fixture comparisons? ;)

He wanted Barry because of the home grown rule and the fact he was versatile. 

Aquilani wanted to play in Italy and Dalglish won't have anyone that doesn't want to be here, thought Aqua was great myself and would have loved to keep him.  Apparently Torres wanted to change his mind on the last day but he was told it was too late as well.

:lol:

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Sack him

Can you do me one of your fixture comparisons? ;)

On games this season? :)

Sack him

10 of Hodgsons games were in the Europa Cup but even if they were all league games his style of football was the most turgid I'd ever seen at Anfield.  Under KD the football is brilliant,  I love watching it and can't wait for the players to gel a bit more and start scoring from the many chances created.

Sack him

10 of Hodgsons games were in the Europa Cup but even if they were all league games his style of football was the most turgid I'd ever seen at Anfield.  Under KD the football is brilliant,  I love watching it and can't wait for the players to gel a bit more and start scoring from the many chances created.

Even brilliant when Carragher hoofs it long to Carroll? ;)

Sack him

You need a finisher. Swap Suarez & Carroll for Best & Ba and you'd be pissing the league. :thup: