The Liverpool Thread

Parky

You're making decent points PhilB, but there's something about Liverpool supporters talking about Dalglish that just makes me feel sick.

We're the same with Keegan though, so we can't really have a go at them for it.

By we, I mean me and cp40.

Aye, but for every you and cp40, there were people on the other side of the fence to even things out, and then you had me in somewhere in the middle. With the scouse, the likes of you and cp40 would seem conservative and balanced.

I've met Swedish Liverpool supporters who says things like they don't mind losing a game, because King Kenny is there. I find that sickening, and it's not made any better by the fact that I think he's no more than a decent manager with a red ugly face and that he's a whinging little t***.

A no more than decent manager who has won trophies, not many of them around are there?

I should have added "these days".

The mans a winner, simple as. 

We'll see how many the goon wins this time,  My money is on zip and i'll be happy to be proved wrong. Norwich at home for fooks sake

29 shots on goal, 15 on target.  Our finishing was woeful, but while we are creating so many chances they'll soon start going in.  It was a disappointing game considering the amount of possession we had.

Won't win you the league though.  This argument is going nowhere and to be fair again the tide you are saying some decent stuff here.  What really interests me is the board and fns tolerance at L'pool.  Would you settle for 5th this year - it looks pretty likely.....

With the decline of quality under the previous owners, we were only playing catch up in the last two windows, probably the next one too.  No we won't win the league this season, never expected us to.  I did, and do,expect top 4 though.

I think ALL fans are tolerant when they believe they've been given the right man for the job.  Hodgson is the first manager in my life time who wasn't appointed because he was the best man for the job.  That's not to say that they've all worked out, they haven't, but at the time of appointment they've been the best for our club.  Even Souness.  He was doing so well in Scotland he was the obvious choice to take over from Kenny, it didn't work out, but he was the right appointment at the time.

Kenny Dalglish is the right man now and he'll be given a chance by the fans for a long while yet.

And if you don't get your top 4 expectations sated?

We'll be there again next season then.

In the last 50 years we haven't finished lower than 8th, I think we'll be top 4 this season.

I think they'll turn on him.  In a way i hope you're right but the modern football fan (even of the scouse ilk) is a fickle beast

Dalglish is bullet-proof.

If it turns pear shaped then he'll escape criticism and it'll be someone else's fault.

You don't have to look far either to see the finger of blame in full action. Referees kept making poor decisions against them apparently (I see he's gone decidedly quiet on that front since the shambles that was the derby), and everyone's apparently out to get Suarez. Those are merely 2 recent examples off the top of my head.

I'm not going to waste my time justifying why I think Liverpool are not a top 4 team, it's clear as day why they aren't. Actually, I guess it'll be good to see fans get their hopes up and pretend like they have a better team than they do, only for the results to show that they, oh, wait: don't have as good a team as they think they do.

You're making decent points PhilB, but there's something about Liverpool supporters talking about Dalglish that just makes me feel sick.

Aye, but for every you and cp40, there were people on the other side of the fence to even things out, and then you had me in somewhere in the middle. With the scouse, the likes of you and cp40 would seem conservative and balanced.

I've met Swedish Liverpool supporters who says things like they don't mind losing a game, because King Kenny is there. I find that sickening, and it's not made any better by the fact that I think he's no more than a decent manager with a red ugly face and that he's a whinging little t***.

A no more than decent manager who has won trophies, not many of them around are there?

We'll see how many the goon wins this time,  My money is on zip and i'll be happy to be proved wrong. Norwich at home for fooks sake

29 shots on goal, 15 on target.  Our finishing was woeful, but while we are creating so many chances they'll soon start going in.  It was a disappointing game considering the amount of possession we had.

Won't win you the league though.  This argument is going nowhere and to be fair again the tide you are saying some decent stuff here.  What really interests me is the board and fns tolerance at L'pool.  Would you settle for 5th this year - it looks pretty likely.....

With the decline of quality under the previous owners, we were only playing catch up in the last two windows, probably the next one too.  No we won't win the league this season, never expected us to.  I did, and do,expect top 4 though.

I think ALL fans are tolerant when they believe they've been given the right man for the job.  Hodgson is the first manager in my life time who wasn't appointed because he was the best man for the job.  That's not to say that they've all worked out, they haven't, but at the time of appointment they've been the best for our club.  Even Souness.  He was doing so well in Scotland he was the obvious choice to take over from Kenny, it didn't work out, but he was the right appointment at the time.

Kenny Dalglish is the right man now and he'll be given a chance by the fans for a long while yet.

In the last 50 years we haven't finished lower than 8th, I think we'll be top 4 this season.

I think they'll turn on him.  In a way i hope you're right but the modern football fan (even of the scouse ilk) is a fickle beast

I agree with you but there's still a very large hardcore who will stick with the manager when they can see what he's trying to do.  We have as many bellends as every team and they knee jerk after every match that's not won, but they aren't the fans that matter are they? 

As with Rafa Benitez, the fans actually in the ground will support the manager until such time as he appears to have taken them as far as he can.  No fans I spoke to at the match wanted to see Rafa go, we all knew how he was being starved of money.  He did a fantastic job under dire circumstances in most fans opinions.  Kenny Dalglish will be given even more tolerance by the fans who count.

I agree with you but there's still a very large hardcore who will stick with the manager when they can see what he's trying to do.  We have as many bellends as every team and they knee jerk after every match that's not won, but they aren't the fans that matter are they? 

As with Rafa Benitez, the fans actually in the ground will support the manager until such time as he appears to have taken them as far as he can.  No fans I spoke to at the match wanted to see Rafa go, we all knew how he was being starved of money.  He did a fantastic job under dire circumstances in most fans opinions.  Kenny Dalglish will be given even more tolerance by the fans who count.

:lol:

Wow.  ???

Which fans count and which ones don't?

Wow.  ???

The ones in the ground singing his name are the ones who'll be heard, so that counts for a lot.  The ones who don't count?  The  dickhead ones who phone talkshite and make points that have no base in reality.

Wow.  ???

The ones in the ground singing his name are the ones who'll be heard, so that counts for a lot.  The ones who don't count?  The  dickhead ones who phone talkshite and make points that have no base in reality.

Don't even know what to say to that. It's almost like you're suggesting the only fans who are worthy of commenting sensibly on the situation are the fans who go to games. All other fans are not worthy of an opinion.

But that would be fucking barmy so you can't be saying that...

Wow.  ???

Don't even know what to say to that. It's almost like you're suggesting the only fans who are worthy of commenting sensibly on the situation are the fans who go to games. All other fans are not worthy of an opinion.

But that would be f***ing barmy so you can't be saying that...

No, I said the fans in the ground can show their support, and do, by chanting/singing his name.  They take banners to show their support, so if there was a groundswell of opinion against a manager it would show there mostly.  As this didn't happen for Benitez, and hasn't happened for Dalglish, you can assume that LFC fans supported Benitez and do support Dalglish.  It was in the ground that Hodgson lost his job because the fans were singing 'Hodgson fo England' and shouting for Dalglish.

Dickheads who call radio phone ins are usually, in my estimation, unaware of the reality of situations on and off the pitch.  The talk inside the ground and listening to phone ins are very often, totally different.

Wow.  ???

No, I said the fans in the ground can show their support, and do, by chanting/singing his name.  They take banners to show their support, so if there was a groundswell of opinion against a manager it would show there mostly.  As this didn't happen for Benitez, and hasn't happened for Dalglish, you can assume that LFC fans supported Benitez and do support Dalglish.  It was in the ground that Hodgson lost his job because the fans were singing 'Hodgson fo England' and shouting for Dalglish.

Dickheads who call radio phone ins are usually, in my estimation, unaware of the reality of situations on and off the pitch.  The talk inside the ground and listening to phone ins are very often, totally different.

Would you say that the fans inside the ground, showing their support/anger for managers are more important than those who don't attend? The fans inside the ground make/break managers?

Is that what you're getting at?

Wow.  ???

Would you say that the fans inside the ground, showing their support/anger for managers are more important than those who don't attend? The fans inside the ground make/break managers?

I would say fans in the ground have more influence, nothing to do with importance.  Yes, fans inside the ground can make or break a manger, look at your own Allardyce. 

I wasn't getting at anything, I said that the fans who count won't turn against Kenny,  the ones who can be heard if you like. 

Wow.  ???

I would say fans in the ground have more influence, nothing to do with importance.  Yes, fans inside the ground can make or break a manger, look at your own Allardyce. 

I wasn't getting at anything, I said that the fans who count won't turn against Kenny,  the ones who can be heard if you like.

Fair play.

If it turns pear shaped then he'll escape criticism and it'll be someone else's fault.

Seen loads of Liverpool supporters  questioning him already. A couple of bad results and he'll definitely feel the pressure.

Seen loads of Liverpool supporters  questioning him already. A couple of bad results and he'll definitely feel the pressure.

They don't count.

They don't count.

:lol:

They don't count.

:cheesy: :thup:

I have to agree with Phil though that they've created plenty of chances this season and sooner or later a few will go in. Their match away at Stoke was one of the most one-sided games I've seen this season, and they somehow lost that 1-0. Their draw against Man Utd was also one in which they had more chances and some of them were pretty easy too. I don't know. I think they're playing well. They've dropped some easy points and I hope they continue dropping points but the way they're playing is very impressive. Suarez creates so many chances by just wiggling in and around the penalty area. He's one of the best players in the Premiership right now, even with the poor finishing.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has claimed Luis Suarez’s performance against Stoke in the Carling Cup puts an end to accusations that he is a diver.

The 24-year-old Uruguayan striker, a January signing from Ajax, has come in for criticism recently for his perceived gamesmanship, not least for his part in Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell’s red card in the Merseyside derby.

But Dalglish hit back at the accusations, telling talkSPORT that Suarez had ample opportunity to get Jonathan Woodgate sent off during Liverpool’s 2-1 win against the Potters, but chose to stay on his feet.

“He’s a fantastic little footballer,” Dalglish said. “He got himself injured by trying to stay on his feet when he went round Jonathan Woodgate when there was contact just before half-time.

“He’s got a bang on his calf so I think that puts the myth about [suarez] rolling all over the place into perspective.

“He’s hurt himself trying to get a chance, when really, if you’re that way inclined you would go down and get the guy sent off.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1230/38/dalglish-attempts-end-myth-about-suarezs-diving

Sure Kenny.