The Liverpool Thread

Parky

For all the relief that will be felt by Liverpool if this sale to other Yanks goes through, it would be fucking beautiful if it's the equivalent of jumping out of one frying pan and into another for them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So if the High Court has granted an injunction against the injunction that H&G got in Texas can H&G now get an injunction to stop the injunction that is stopping the injunction?

:mackems:

Guest VegasToon

So if the High Court has granted an injunction against the injunction that H&G got in Texas can H&G now get an injunction to stop the injunction that is stopping the injunction?

Holy crap...I wonder who has the actual jurisdication here.  How can an England court over turn an US court and vice versa? 

The application for a TRO (injunction) in a Texas City court is one last, desperate, throw of the dice for Gillett & Hicks reveals how bankrupt their legal position is...basic principles of international law are (1) that an injunction issued by a Texas Court has no effect on actions in this (the UK) country; and, (2) that the court first dealing with the case should be the only court dealing with the matter to the end. Therefore, the Texas court will have to relinquish control to the High Court in London...if Hicks and Gilett really wanted to stop this transaction they needed an injunction from the High Court in London and another against New England Sports Ventures in Boston where that company is located.

Holy crap...I wonder who has the actual jurisdication here.  How can an England court over turn an US court and vice versa? 

That's what I'm wondering. Don't get how it can all come to this...

Guest VegasToon

The application for a TRO (injunction) in a Texas City court is one last, desperate, throw of the dice for Gillett & Hicks reveals how bankrupt their legal position is...basic principles of international law are (1) that an injunction issued by a Texas Court has no effect on actions in this (the UK) country; and, (2) that the court first dealing with the case should be the only court dealing with the matter to the end. Therefore, the Texas court will have to relinquish control to the High Court in London...if Hicks and Gilett really wanted to stop this transaction they needed an injunction from the High Court in London and another against New England Sports Ventures in Boston where that company is located.

Well that explains it, but do you really think the people of Texas give a shit about international law? 

But what about the fact that it's KOP Holdings (USA-based company) selling Liverpool to NESV (USA-based company)? Surely America have some sort of power in this?

So why did the judge give them the injunction? Should he not have ruled it outside his jurisdiction?

That would be KOP Holdings, LLC, operator of oil wells in Kansas, not Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd, the actual UK-registered company that owns LFC.

I didn't just put 'KOP Holdings' into google you know :lol:

Just got the impression from the stuff I've read that the holding company was based in America. Quite a few Liverpool fans saying it too.

That would be KOP Holdings, LLC, operator of oil wells in Kansas, not Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd, the actual UK-registered company that owns LFC.

Just got the impression from the stuff I've read that the holding company was based in America. Quite a few Liverpool fans saying it too.

theres a few kop holdings, one is in the uk anothers in the states i think and im fairly sure theres one in the cayman islands too

Guest washeymag

Just been watching those people being rescued on the news. It's so nice to see a glimmer of hope in their eyes and a smile on their mucky faces.

But I still hope Everton beat them on Sunday.

I go and get my coat

Sorry  :blush:

There are two companies, Kop Football Limited and Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd, registered in Liverpool. Exactly how they're owned I don't know.

Page 3 and Page 7 show the ownership and why they went to a Dallas, Texas court.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/10-10/1014hicks1.pdf

The US based company is KOP Investment, which resides in Dallas, Texas.  KOP Investment is the primary owner. 

Well spotted. I read that yesterday, as well :blush:

Why in cock do they have so many holdings, and why do they all need to be plaintiffs?

Just been watching those people being rescued on the news. It's so nice to see a glimmer of hope in their eyes and a smile on their mucky faces.

But I still hope Everton beat them on Sunday.

I go and get my coat

:lol: